3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

housemate woes

There are four of us who live in this house and three of us always wash up after ourselves, and generally eat in the dining room, then we have one housemate who eats in his room, and we keep noticing he will bring all of the plates downstairs once a week, and just leave them on the side and go out for the weekend. We're getting ridiculously fed up with it, we've tried the route of confronting him and leaving notes and not washing up for him, but it ends up stinking the house out. Where do we go from here though, like apart from this he's actually an okay guy, but it's just getting to the point of ridiculous

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Tell him if he does not clean up his act, and himself then you will have no choice but to evict and get a new room mate. Some people need a slap in the face of reality before they do anything, typically the immature ones but you need to be blunt about it. Otherwise he will keep walking all over you other guys because he can get away with it. You are not his Mother so it is time he smartens up and at least cleans his own mess.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Put them back in his room.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Demri For This Useful Post:

Boob (06-09-2016),Cybun (06-09-2016),Daviid (06-09-2016),MrNokezo (06-09-2016),Teakwood (06-10-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I agree with Sci_Girl. Tell him to take care of his mess or he will be evicted. Either he's lazy or he knows you guys will take care of the mess so he leaves it. Put your foot down. He's a grown man not a child.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    29d 8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Yeah living with people is always hard because people are all used to living in different standards. Just need to be firm as a group in telling him he needs to contribute equally or he needs to leave. It's the only way someone like that will change

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    So i think he got the hint tonight when my friend came over and even he sat there and goes "oh my god, who's plates are they piling up?" and he overheard ahahahaha fifteen minutes later they were cleared

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Reading this I wondered if you were one of my roommates. I live with 1 girl & 2 guys, and one of the guys no one ever sees. I've ran into him two times ever. But he never cleans, leaves his dirty dishes everywhere, and never helps out. We basically told him he needed to contribute or we would raise his portion of the rent. He's moving out next month

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Reading this I wondered if you were one of my roommates. I live with 1 girl & 2 guys, and one of the guys no one ever sees. I've ran into him two times ever. But he never cleans, leaves his dirty dishes everywhere, and never helps out. We basically told him he needed to contribute or we would raise his portion of the rent. He's moving out next month
    Hahahaha, I highly doubt it, we're a household of three guys and one girl, and unless there's been discussions I don't know about then nah hahaha