Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    I honestly don't know who I support yet. I support somethings he does and some things the others do. Haven't decided yet.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I'm not saying I don't feel for these people, I do.. it's what them coming here would do, it costs tons of money and resources to get them here and house them and clothe them and feed them.. and we have people here who already need all that, as you also pointed out. I just feel like we need it first and THEN we can help them .
    Not arguing with ya. Just pointing out a different side to it. I wish we would take better care of our own too. In Denver, there were volunteers who built micro-houses (illegally, but still) to help the homeless here and the police tore them down. There are a lot of laws out there making pan-handling illegal and making it illegal for homeless people to sleep in certain areas and yet the shelters are all full...

Source:
    (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    29d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    me while reading whither's posts

Last edited by Curse; 11-20-2015 at 10:41 PM. Reason: had to be more specific

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Curse For This Useful Post:

Aura (11-20-2015),haiqtpi (11-20-2015),hissi (11-20-2015),Introvert (11-22-2015),Mophead (11-20-2015),Persephone (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by youricemelts View Post
    �The fact that foreigners are eager to pick crops, clean houses, bus tables and produce allows more of us to afford cheaper food and better services, affording us even more wealth to enjoy and invest. It�s not the immigrants, but the taxes, spending and entitlements (most of which immigrants don�t even receive) that have drained the economy dry.�

"An estimated 8 million illegal immigrants�up to two thirds of the total�paid taxes, including both income taxes and Medicare and Social Security taxes. Indeed, revenue from illegal immigrants is estimated at $11 billion a year to Social Security alone, and there's not even a pretense of those payments leading to eventual benefits. And of course everyone who buys things in the U.S. pays sales taxes, irrespective of their immigration status. Undoubtedly, even more illegal immigrants would pay taxes if they didn�t have to worry about possible deportation as a consequence."

Our "illegals", our "homeless", our "veterans" and the subject of "refugees" is one that as was said before, is comparing apples to oranges.
    @(you need an account to see links) Whether you intend or not to come off as racist, a lot of the stuff you're saying comes off as deeply racist and hurtful.

If we're on the subject of helping our own people, we can talk about the cruelty that law-abiding, tax paying citizens received for being muslim and "looking like terrorists". Or the assumption that anyone who looks foreign is probably draining our economy and freeloading. We could talk about our past as a country after Pearl Harbor and associated events where the country turned their back on our own Japanese American's because of how they looked and association with a war we were fighting.

We have to be better people. We can't just jump into the one size-fits-all "fix our own country first" mindset, because truthfully a lot of it is just talking in circles and being oppressive to our own folks behind the statements that are being made.

These people have nowhere else to go. They're fleeing to save their lives. We have plenty of space. I would hope for a similar treatment and understanding in their shoes.

It wasn't, and has not been implied that they will come to be the status of illegal immigrants, by nature, that you're speaking of. I'm sure approximately 12,000 people are very proportional to the 11 million "illegal immigrants" we're talking about. (sarcasm) But please, think for a second about all of this.
    I didn't say they were going to be illegal immigrants. I know they're not. I mentioned that we had alot of those coming in every day already putting a strain on this country and everyone pounced on that part of what I said, prompting me to attempt to defend myself and the whole damn thread became about that. I just meant that if we're going to house anyone, we should house the people who are here that need it, then help others.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Okay this is really annoying now.. all I said was this country has enough illegal immigrants here taking the resources we need. I am NOT the only person who thinks that way everybody just wants to jump to calling me racist because they don't understand what I mean!

THIS is what I meant, summed up in one picture for you.

For the millionth time, I am against them coming here because of all of the problems we already have here financially! We can't even afford to feed the people who fought for our country and are living on the streets because we keep helping everyone else! I have sympathy for the people who need homes and food, but here is not the place for them to get it. We have millions of homeless, not just ones that are veterans. They cut school lunches down to gruel, they're taking a meal a day from the people in the armed forces.. we do not have enough to be supporting these people. We have millions of people coming into this country every day illegally, and they are helped more than citizens sometimes, it's sad.
    How DARE you. These are thousands of fucking people that we are talking about, and you are against it because of money?!? This is a matter of life and death, families are torn apart and destroyed, and you are worried about your tax dollars? The native homeless are MUCH better off than these people fleeing war-torn Syria - to compare the two groups is mind-numbing. You are either a complete moron, or too caught up in your ethnocentric, preconceived notions to see the devastating reality of the Syrian conflict (specifically the war against ISIS). My tolerance for people like you is just about at the max level. I cannot believe that someone would have the gall to even ATTEMPT to make the points that you have regarding why they should not be allowed. I HIGHLY suggest that you read up on the Yazidis, and what ISIS has done to them. It is no different for the Syrian Muslims that are fleeing - they are all seen as apostates. The entire world should be lending a helping hand to these people, no questions asked, and definitely no concern for the cost. This is what international community is for, and our country being the largest economy, we had BETTER pull our weight. Honestly, if I knew of a way to simply host a Syrian family in my 2 bedroom apartment here in NYC, I would in a HEARTBEAT
    Queen Bee

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to haiqtpi For This Useful Post:

Aura (11-20-2015),Fleur (11-20-2015),hissi (11-20-2015),Introvert (11-22-2015),Maison (11-20-2015),Mophead (11-20-2015),Persephone (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aska View Post
    Not arguing with ya. Just pointing out a different side to it. I wish we would take better care of our own too. In Denver, there were volunteers who built micro-houses (illegally, but still) to help the homeless here and the police tore them down. There are a lot of laws out there making pan-handling illegal and making it illegal for homeless people to sleep in certain areas and yet the shelters are all full...

Source:
    I know, that's why I answered so calmly

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I SAID ILLEGALS! ILLEGALS WHO COME HERE ILLEGALLY, AND DO NOT BELONG HERE! ILLEGALS WHO MAINLY CONSIST OF TWO RACES. I MADE THE ASTRONOMICAL FUCKING MISTAKE OF MENTIONING THEM. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN: I. HAVE. NO. PROBLE WITH PEOPLE OF ANY RACE WHO WANT TO COME HERE AND STAY AND WORK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!! I USED THEM AS AN EXAMPLE. That example was a negative example, so automatically I am racist. I am parroting things I have heard on yhw news as well as others who have sought help and we're turned down.

GET IT NOW? ?

You say "attacking" you by saying you make no sense doesn't help, what the hell are you doing, attacking me and INSISTING that I am racist?
    You don't get that your whole tirade against illegals is itself, incredibly prejudiced, moronic, and ethnocentric. If you, or any of the "countless Americans" that you think are hurting and without jobs due to illegal immigrants want a better life, THEN GET A FUCKING EDUCATION. Illegal immigrants or not, you will never have a good job or a high paying job without an education (there may be exceptions, but this is the general case). You will hit a glass ceiling, as you should, considering how much those of us who are educated have paid for said luxury. Put simply, illegal immigrants are 1% of 1% of the financial shit storm that is our economy. Don't you date try to blame them for shit - it is completely illogical and nothing but scapegoating. Want to know what fucks up the economy more? Overweight people. They are an INCREDIBLE financial burden on the country due to excessive healthcare costs due to their unhealthy lifestyles - why not pick up your torch and pitchfork and get to bothering them?
    Queen Bee

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to haiqtpi For This Useful Post:

hissi (11-20-2015),Maison (11-20-2015),Rainey (11-21-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    To be honest, I've only been comenting here with memes and fun stuff since discussions make me unconfortable.
    Specially when instead of debating, people start to throw shit at each other just for having different point of views, which is sadly what is happening at the moment with this thread, the one is starting to look like a collective bullying against one person instead than a proper exchange of opinions and information sharing.

Not pointing fingers or saying who's wrong...
    I do have a opinion about the matter, but probably since I'm not American, is not as strong as you guys opinions
    So just came here to say: 'chill'. Some are taking this on a personal level, when you shouldn't.

Just because someone thinks different than you, don't give you the right to be a shitty person to them...
    Sad to even see the clraik admin doing it.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Aska (11-20-2015),Banannie (11-21-2015),potatoespotate (11-21-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    To be honest, I've only been comenting here with memes and fun stuff since discussions make me unconfortable.
    Specially when instead of debating, people start to throw shit at each other just for having different point of views, which is sadly what is happening at the moment with this thread, the one is starting to look like a collective bullying against one person instead than a proper exchange of opinions and information sharing.

Not pointing fingers or saying who's wrong...
    I do have a opinion about the matter, but probably since I'm not American, is not as strong as you guys opinions
    So just came here to say: 'chill'. Some are taking this on a personal level, when you shouldn't.

Just because someone thinks different than you, don't give you the right to be a shitty person to them...
    Sad to even see the clraik admin doing it.
    You may have a point in many cases, sure, but do you think that people would be reacting differently if instead of Syrians or Muslims, a certain someone was running their mouth to the line of "lets expel the Jews and Gays"? There is opinion, and there is hate speech, which should NEVER be tolerated. This country makes me sick when they whole "freedom of speech" bullshit is embraced for obvious and merciless ignorance and prejudice. THAT form of speech should not be "free," that form of speech has one goal in mind - to harm.
    Queen Bee

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to haiqtpi For This Useful Post:

Aura (11-20-2015),Curse (11-20-2015),Fleur (11-20-2015),hissi (11-20-2015),Maison (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I also would like to point out this:

We turned away people fleeing the Nazis. Please for the love of God/Gods/Odin/Satan, do NOT REPEAT this history.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Aura (11-21-2015),haiqtpi (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I WILL SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN: I. HAVE. NO. PROBLE WITH PEOPLE OF ANY RACE WHO WANT TO COME HERE AND STAY AND WORK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!!
    So by extension if a Syrian refugee said they would be more than willing to work wherever in the Country doing whatever job was available then you would be okay with them coming over? They would be legally coming to the US and I would imagine the majority would be excited for the opportunity to work.