Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Trust me I've read all your responses and I still think you're racist. Racism isn't a black and white thing, you know that? Just because you say you aren't racist doesn't mean you aren't.

"You're not understanding what I meant either.. I am far from racist I just care about this country and we will be the ones paying for them to be here, at the cost if everyone else.

How is saying I don't want them here racist?? I didn't at any point say I hated syrians, racism is hatred of a race.."

You don't have to hate on a race to be racist, like how you don't have to hate homosexuals to be homophobic? You can think that you aren't racist but you can still spew out racist opinions.

Does refugees coming in take money out of your pocket directly? I really don't understand. Also your argument about homeless people, shelter etc.... Do you personally put money in to help homeless people? I mean, if you're going to make an argument about how the homeless should be helped within your own country, it would be a bit hypocritical to not do something about it yourself.
    You don't even make any sense. I think I know if I am racist, thank you very much. Just because everyone says I'm racist doesn't mean I am? Lol? If everyone said I had purple hair but I knew it was red, doesn't mean I have purple hair. Stupid analogy but you get the point. I'm not even spending time arguing with you. Go ahead and reply if you like but I won't be entertaining you at all. Have a good night.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) I don't make any sense? Please enlighten me, I'm trying to understand your opinions here and attacking me by saying I don't make sense doesn't really help. Tell me what you don't understand?

Umm... If the majority of people think you're racist then you probably are, I don't know why you are trying so hard to argue that you're not racist when clearly the opinions you stated make you out to be racist. But it's ok, if you want ot live in your own bubble and think that you're not racist then continue on with your merry self.

> "white people are gonna be eradicated in 5 generations, we'll all be mixed"
    > "mexicans, indians taking our jobs stealing our money and leaving"

If that's not racist idk what is tbh?

[/FONT]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:

Aura (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I was very curious to see how the homeless/veteran population was being regarded in comparison to the Syrian refugees and I found an interesting little quote.

"I am a disable veteran who could easily be homeless if I had no one to help me pay for my housing. The same people who call me a lazy good-for-nothing looking-for-handouts freeloader are the SAME ones same ones saying we can't accept refugees because we "need to take care of our own veterans and homeless first"... HOW is that supposed to happen, exactly?

Don't use me as your fucking excuse when a week ago you were happily voting away my benefits and healthcare. Fuck you."

Conservatives who are against taking in refugees are being hypocritical. They say that we should help our veterans before refugees. Due to the fact that Republican's have repeatedly voted to deny healthcare, housing, and jobs to veterans over and over again in the past, it's clear they're just making excuses.

We have a lot of problems as a country, but letting in a mere fraction of refugees who have nowhere else to go truly isn't at the top of that list.
    Last edited by Persephone; 11-20-2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: edited for quote

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Persephone For This Useful Post:

Aska (11-20-2015),Aura (11-20-2015),Banannie (11-20-2015),Fleur (11-20-2015),Mophead (11-20-2015),Rainey (11-20-2015),Shizuku (11-20-2015),Winona (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I don't make any sense? Please enlighten me, I'm trying to understand your opinions here and attacking me by saying I don't make sense doesn't really help. Tell me what you don't understand?

Umm... If the majority of people think you're racist then you probably are, I don't know why you are trying so hard to argue that you're not racist when clearly the opinions you stated make you out to be racist. But it's ok, if you want ot live in your own bubble and think that you're not racist then continue on with your merry self.

> "white people are gonna be eradicated in 5 generations, we'll all be mixed"
    > "mexicans, indians taking our jobs stealing our money and leaving"

If that's not racist idk what is tbh?
    I SAID ILLEGALS! ILLEGALS WHO COME HERE ILLEGALLY, AND DO NOT BELONG HERE! ILLEGALS WHO MAINLY CONSIST OF TWO RACES. I MADE THE ASTRONOMICAL FUCKING MISTAKE OF MENTIONING THEM. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN: I. HAVE. NO. PROBLE WITH PEOPLE OF ANY RACE WHO WANT TO COME HERE AND STAY AND WORK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!! I USED THEM AS AN EXAMPLE. That example was a negative example, so automatically I am racist. I am parroting things I have heard on yhw news as well as others who have sought help and we're turned down.

GET IT NOW? ?

You say "attacking" you by saying you make no sense doesn't help, what the hell are you doing, attacking me and INSISTING that I am racist?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) That's definitely an interesting quote. If you're going to argue about wanting to help veterans/homeless people, you better fucking be contributing something to help them instead of making some broad statement like that without doing anything about it. If there are issues in your country that you want to be addressed, but all you are doing is arguing online about it and doing absolutely jack shit about these issues then are you any better than people who don't care at all?

"Refugees need help!"
    "Our homeless people need more help", they say as they type this comment up in the comfort of their own home and are probably doing nothing to help homeless people. Hypocrisy tbh...

@(you need an account to see links) Ok so what do "illegals" have anything to do with refugees again? How do yo know these "illegals" consist mostly of Indians and Mexicans? I'd love to see some statistics on that. You say you have no problems with people moving into America, but then you were absolutely against refugees coming in, quote "NO, NO, NO, a hundred times NO. This country is already at enough risk with it's foreign residents that reside here", so it doesn't exactly sound like you want more people to come into the country.

Ok, if it makes you feel any better, let's not call you racist, but perhaps a non-racist person who is horribly misguided and making racist comments? That make it any better?

I just want to ask, have you made any personal contributions to help out homeless/veterans in America?
    Last edited by Fleur; 11-20-2015 at 09:47 PM.

[/FONT]

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Caps lock doesn't help people understand things.
    But it does make things bigger.

Bigger =/= better. Or good to begin with.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Hang on. Do refugees get citizenship? Or does it mean they stay for a bit then get deported?

I just learned from the news here that the refugees coming here to Canada are being divided amongst the big cities because we can hold them. Here in Edmonton I learned they are going to the army garrison and some military individuals using the housing are going to be temporarily relocated (they worded as they need to find new temporary housing) once the refugees come. This implies they are not staying.
    Did some reading into this because I was curious.

The policy in America is that they apply for a green card (permanent residence) within a year of entering. They can start working immediately upon entering the country to support themselves and their families.
    Upon gaining the green card and staying the minimum of years necessary they can go on to apply for citizenship. It's read case-by-case by a judge. They need proof as to why they should stay, show adequate support to sustain themselves and their families etc.

From what I've read, it seems like the process is very similar to the normal way of gaining citizenship. Those who are not granted it and no longer hold refugee status, do get deported.
    -Bruh, are you picking up what I'm Putin down?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rainey For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-20-2015),Fleur (11-20-2015),Persephone (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 1h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Oh for fucks sake can someone close this thread before I go hulk mode

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Curse (11-20-2015),Maison (11-20-2015),Pusheen (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    “The fact that foreigners are eager to pick crops, clean houses, bus tables and produce allows more of us to afford cheaper food and better services, affording us even more wealth to enjoy and invest. It’s not the immigrants, but the taxes, spending and entitlements (most of which immigrants don’t even receive) that have drained the economy dry.”

"An estimated 8 million illegal immigrants—up to two thirds of the total—paid taxes, including both income taxes and Medicare and Social Security taxes. Indeed, revenue from illegal immigrants is estimated at $11 billion a year to Social Security alone, and there's not even a pretense of those payments leading to eventual benefits. And of course everyone who buys things in the U.S. pays sales taxes, irrespective of their immigration status. Undoubtedly, even more illegal immigrants would pay taxes if they didn’t have to worry about possible deportation as a consequence."

Our "illegals", our "homeless", our "veterans" and the subject of "refugees" is one that as was said before, is comparing apples to oranges.
    @(you need an account to see links) Whether you intend or not to come off as racist, a lot of the stuff you're saying comes off as deeply racist and hurtful.

If we're on the subject of helping our own people, we can talk about the cruelty that law-abiding, tax paying citizens received for being muslim and "looking like terrorists". Or the assumption that anyone who looks foreign is probably draining our economy and freeloading. We could talk about our past as a country after Pearl Harbor and associated events where the country turned their back on our own Japanese American's because of how they looked and association with a war we were fighting.

We have to be better people. We can't just jump into the one size-fits-all "fix our own country first" mindset, because truthfully a lot of it is just talking in circles and being oppressive to our own folks behind the statements that are being made.

These people have nowhere else to go. They're fleeing to save their lives. We have plenty of space. I would hope for a similar treatment and understanding in their shoes.

It wasn't, and has not been implied that they will come to be the status of illegal immigrants, by nature, that you're speaking of. I'm sure approximately 12,000 people are very proportional to the 11 million "illegal immigrants" we're talking about. (sarcasm) But please, think for a second about all of this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Persephone For This Useful Post:

Fleur (11-20-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Me while reading this thread...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Aska (11-20-2015),caitie (11-20-2015),Maison (11-20-2015),Persephone (11-20-2015),potatoespotate (11-21-2015)