Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

cuddlypanda (04-20-2023),Fiore (04-21-2023),Ice (04-20-2023),Pringle (04-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    A further response from Rico:

These responses are making less sense every time. Hang on let me put on my...
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Autobot (04-21-2023),Chilljoy (04-20-2023),cuddlypanda (04-20-2023),Moon (04-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Capsule Stuff

Apologies If this is gonna be long, but I wrote on reddit (hopefully not downvoted like crazy)

TLDR;
    Capsule rates should be written clearly; Capsule possible items should be listed clearly and you shouldn't have to go to Jelly Neo to figure that out; Executives don't know jack about gacha compared to Degens like me and other folks, Neopets is a children's site so gacha rates should be easier and not predatory,
    Since its similar to loot boxes - its technically gambling and they could possibly get sued for no clear rates and transparency. Etc I could go on but as a gacha player myself this is kinda a dumpster fire. Anyway sorry for the long read no need to if you are busy. Neopets customer service in regards to this is laughable.

Also I am not a lawyer. I just know things because I played one of the oldest gachas that sparked the whole pity system for gacha in general that kinda set the standard for games like Genshin and pity.

Actually, let me tell you a story about a Gacha game called Granblue Fantasy.

Granblue Fantasy is a popular mobile game developed by Cygames, which features a gacha system as one of its core mechanics. A gacha system is a type of in-game monetization feature where players can use real-world currency or in-game currency to purchase virtual items, with the specific items received being determined by chance.

The controversy surrounding Granblue Fantasy's gacha system mainly stems from the high cost of obtaining rare characters or items. Some players have reported spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on the game without receiving the desired items, leading to accusations that the system is predatory and designed to exploit players.

Additionally, there have been allegations of the game's rates being manipulated, meaning that the chances of obtaining rare items are lower than advertised. This has led to calls for greater transparency and regulation of gacha systems in general.

To address these concerns, Cygames has made some changes to the game's gacha system, including increasing the rates for rare items and characters and introducing a "spark" system that guarantees players a specific item after a certain number of draws. However, controversy and criticism of the gacha system in Granblue Fantasy and other games with similar mechanics persist, as some players continue to spend large amounts of money in the hopes of obtaining rare items.
    ^^^^Because it was due to a Special Zodiac character that you can only get during new years. Because of this guy and people who spent a ton of money a Spark system was made so after drawing so many times you get the to choose a character out of the banner out of pity. This game imo the reason why gacha rates and transparency exists. That's why this issue sparked laws in Japan, UK, and other countries. You have to be transparent about the rate of EACH item drops within the capsule.

Neopets has a poor mall layout that doesn't show you all the possible "drop" rates or possible items that are in the capsule that needs to be clearly defined. So yes, you shouldn't have to look into places like Jelly Neo to view them, Neopets should have done that.

If you look online such as Wiki for what Gachapon/Gashapon is...basically where Capsule toy are related. (you need an account to see links) So yes. Capsules that Neopets sells is clearly Gacha.

Also it doesn't help that Neopets is a GLOBAL game. And if they want to make sure they don't get sued by other countries they should really define their rates, what items drop, etc. If you play a ton of Gacha games such as Genshin Impact, Granblue Fantasy, Fate Gran Order, Final Fantasy Brave Exivus and etc. They ALL post their rates. Also if you CHANGE rates you have to inform your consumers otherwise it's illegal. Some gacha games got slapped pretty hard due to shadily changing rates illegally :')

In many countries, including Japan and parts of Europe, developers are required to disclose the odds of obtaining specific items through gacha mechanics. This means that if a game uses a gacha or capsule mechanic, the rates must be visible to customers.

In Japan, for example, the Act Against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations requires developers to disclose the probability rates for each item that can be obtained through gacha mechanics. Similarly, the European Union's guidelines on consumer protection in online games recommend that developers disclose the probability of obtaining specific items through random chance mechanics like gacha.

In the United States, there is currently no federal law that specifically requires developers to disclose gacha rates. However, the Federal Trade Commission has issued guidelines for online games that recommend clear and conspicuous disclosure of the odds of obtaining items through gacha mechanics.

Overall, it is important for game developers to be transparent about gacha rates and to provide clear information to customers to ensure that they are making informed decisions when spending money on gacha or capsule mechanics.
    So it doesn't have to be specific about mobile games, it just states games online. This includes Neopets and other PC games.

Basically if Neopets are forced to put rates, they have to include that for every capsule you are about to put in the cart. It has to be big and obvious what the rates are. For example if you have the sweet honey retired capsule. It should define what percent you'll get the baby blue fabric dress, the Breezy dots dress, etc. It's annoying but it needs to be listed fairly for consumers.

If people are spending hundreds or thousands a "spark" system should be developed lets say they pull 10 capsules, and if they didn't get the item they want then they can "spark" for an NC they want. Why I pick 10, idk the list of what's featured is absurdly long. I don't think anyone wants to buy 20+ capsules to "spark" if that makes sense.

It's ridiculous to do a gacha/capsule system when the site is targeted to mainly children. (Even though a lot of adults are playing it) It's not right and needs to be addressed. You guys are more than welcome to copy and paste this entire thing to Customer Service. r/gachagaming will have a real good kick out of this.
    - - - Updated - - -

TNT is fine to try something new, but as @(you need an account to see links) has been saying here, this definitely should have come with some warning on how it works prior to them even releasing the Be-Gone items.

Not to mention they're already somewhat scamming users with deleting NC items and not giving them back...
    Or they could just do a preview of what it would look like on your Neopet at the dresser on the left side of the mall.
    Last edited by mofumofu; 04-20-2023 at 10:01 PM.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mofumofu For This Useful Post:

Autobot (04-21-2023),Buizel (04-21-2023),chii3d (04-20-2023),Hall (04-20-2023),howdy (04-20-2023),Ice (04-20-2023),♥ Sneasel ♥ (04-21-2023),Teakwood (04-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I was SO excited to see this cap this afternoon. I wanted these eyes forever. First of all they don't look right, how did they mess up a simple placement? Secondly I got excited, bought the caps, and opened them before realizing this so I'm extra sad.

Anyway, here's some data from n_t if anyone cares:

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

howdy (04-20-2023),Ice (04-20-2023),KJiU (04-20-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 16h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Good Lord, that Poogle has seen things D:

This is what the poogle saw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Hollow (04-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    A further response from Rico:

I feel like all the responses from tnt we've been seeing on this topic are so patronizing.
    I haven't ended up buying the cap yet because I want to see what happens with this whole fiasco first. The customization options of choosing your own facial expressions is awesome but the actual items in the cap are effed and I am always so surprised when they treat their user base like their opinions don't have value

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chilljoy For This Useful Post:

Pringle (04-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Me, reading n_t post on my phone:

The silver lining of this shitshow is that we have fresh memeterial
    Last edited by howdy; 04-20-2023 at 11:37 PM.
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Autobot (04-21-2023),chii3d (04-21-2023),Chilljoy (04-20-2023),Hollow (04-21-2023),KJiU (04-20-2023),Koboro (04-22-2023),Lady Bird (04-21-2023),Pringle (04-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I forgot to add to my post that because in places in Asia such as Japan, they usually ask the account owner if they are underage. if they are underage they have a monthly limit of what to spend on Gacha as well. This prevents excessive "playing" aka gambling for items.
    So I'm not sure how Neopets is doing this. Not sure if they care about laws and regulations. But its a big problem especially ACTUAL children spending. It would be unhealthy for those that have to spend $50+ or even 100+ on these capsules. It's sickening.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mofumofu For This Useful Post:

howdy (04-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 17h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Tnt needs to fuck off with this shit. Mouth be gone should have been with the other be gone items.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (04-21-2023),howdy (04-21-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 16h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by mofumofu View Post
    I forgot to add to my post that because in places in Asia such as Japan, they usually ask the account owner if they are underage. if they are underage they have a monthly limit of what to spend on Gacha as well. This prevents excessive "playing" aka gambling for items.
    So I'm not sure how Neopets is doing this. Not sure if they care about laws and regulations. But its a big problem especially ACTUAL children spending. It would be unhealthy for those that have to spend $50+ or even 100+ on these capsules. It's sickening.
    TnT probably already did a reality check , they just continue to use their Neopets are for Kids "SKIN" to rip $ off users like other mobile games. As the playerbase has already changed since they launch NC i believe. Ratio for kids actually left in neopets are likely only 1%

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

mofumofu (04-21-2023),Moon (04-21-2023)