DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hi ButterBird, thanks for introducing yourself!
    I definitely recommend getting more active in the community, it's really fun!

Hope to see you around the forums

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I utterly vanished since I got super busy woops!! Let me respond to all of you, thank you all for the warm welcome!

@(you need an account to see links)
    I'm not super active on neopets anymore, but honestly i've always just loved its art and of course the games. Incredibly partial to yellow ogrins- i think they're such nicely designed lil guys. Every now and then i pop onto my acc just to look at my pets again and i loosely keep up with the ongoings of the site itself still- I like having it in my periphery.

I'm not as active on other games as I used to be, mostly because a lot of other petsites are the flight-rising style breeding sims and I've found I just don't really feel interested in those anymore after playing FR for 7 years. I tried lorwolf and even supported its KS but i'll probably be trying to find someone to sell the codes off to since lorwolf was kind of when i realised yeah, i just dont like the breeding sim genre that much anymore.
    I've been trying out pixel cat's end though and that's been a very fun albeit rather simple site.

Thank you !

Thank you ! And i've already answered game-related questions at the top but in terms of things besides petsites I like to write and draw, and I spend a lot of time just kind of learning about way too many things out of sheer curiosity. Been described as a walking encyclopedia hahah.

Thank you!

Thanks! I've been really good honestly Finished university and relaxing from the whole stress of the past three years for the time being. Trying to spread out the answer on what i like to do for fun between you all so here i'll answer- games! I love mmorpg's even though there hasn't been a single one besides mabinogi that i've really stuck to (and even with mabinogi i've kind of started to play less ever since nexon started updating core systems of the game i enjoyed to basically be nonexistent anymore...). I'm thinking of going for another mmorpg run and seeing what can i find that might be fun. Otherwise i might go back to playing mapleglobal

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)
    Thank you five!

Alright moment of truth I have NO idea if pings work the same here or if they're a little different but! Oh well d:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBird View Post
    I utterly vanished since I got super busy woops!! Let me respond to all of you, thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'm not super active on neopets anymore, but honestly i've always just loved its art and of course the games. Incredibly partial to yellow ogrins- i think they're such nicely designed lil guys. Every now and then i pop onto my acc just to look at my pets again and i loosely keep up with the ongoings of the site itself still- I like having it in my periphery.

I'm not as active on other games as I used to be, mostly because a lot of other petsites are the flight-rising style breeding sims and I've found I just don't really feel interested in those anymore after playing FR for 7 years. I tried lorwolf and even supported its KS but i'll probably be trying to find someone to sell the codes off to since lorwolf was kind of when i realised yeah, i just dont like the breeding sim genre that much anymore.
    I've been trying out pixel cat's end though and that's been a very fun albeit rather simple site.

Thank you !

Thank you ! And i've already answered game-related questions at the top but in terms of things besides petsites I like to write and draw, and I spend a lot of time just kind of learning about way too many things out of sheer curiosity. Been described as a walking encyclopedia hahah.

Thank you!

Thanks! I've been really good honestly Finished university and relaxing from the whole stress of the past three years for the time being. Trying to spread out the answer on what i like to do for fun between you all so here i'll answer- games! I love mmorpg's even though there hasn't been a single one besides mabinogi that i've really stuck to (and even with mabinogi i've kind of started to play less ever since nexon started updating core systems of the game i enjoyed to basically be nonexistent anymore...). I'm thinking of going for another mmorpg run and seeing what can i find that might be fun. Otherwise i might go back to playing mapleglobal

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)
    Thank you five!

Alright moment of truth I have NO idea if pings work the same here or if they're a little different but! Oh well d:
    MMORPG!! Do you/have you played Diablo? The new D4 is about to launch Beta this upcoming weekend, although I havent read much on if D4 will be MMO. I'll have to read about it before bed, I think.
    Last edited by Nattiee; 03-14-2023 at 09:08 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    MMORPG!! Do you/have you played Diablo? The new D4 is about to launch Beta this upcoming weekend, although I havent read much on if D4 will be MMO. I'll have to read about it before bed, I think.
    I haven't personally played it but I did religiously watch my brother play diablo 1 & 2 when I was younger hahah. I've always loved its aesthetic, though i'm not sure if i'll check out D4. I'm not a big fan of the art direction starting D3 which is PURELY because it lost its grungy pixelated look and went into the smooth 3D look. Something about the pixelated art intrigued me far more. I have the same with the original age of empires trilogy. I'm glad the HD editions are out, but something scratches the brain just right in the originals that HD just can't.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    52d 19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Heyo ButterBird! Welcome to cK!
    Can't believe I missed your Intro post and am only now noticing it! ^^
    Glad to see that you have made an Intro and already browsing other parts of the forum!

Also, do you have a preference on what you'd like to be called?

After reading through your replies and what others have already asked, I see that you're into mmorpgs! I'm personally a big fan of MMOs, currently playing Maplestory and Final Fantasy 14. Although I'm slowly pulling myself away from Maple since it became too grindy for my liking. Yea that's what Maplestory is to begin with, but it was fun when coming back, but after playing it extensively for months on end, it became too much and started feeling like a burden.
    As for Final Fantasy 14, I recently started getting back into it, but I'm still slowly trying to find time to play, but that's been a difficult task for me since I'm busy with IRL stuff. If you're ever interested in playing either of those, feel free to reach out! I'd be more than happy to help you where I can!

Outside of MMOs, have you played any games like mobas or any shooters?

Hope I didn't repeat any question that another user had already asked! ;-;

Again, welcome to the forum and I do hope to see you around more often! ^^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I haven't personally played it but I did religiously watch my brother play diablo 1 & 2 when I was younger hahah. I've always loved its aesthetic, though i'm not sure if i'll check out D4. I'm not a big fan of the art direction starting D3 which is PURELY because it lost its grungy pixelated look and went into the smooth 3D look. Something about the pixelated art intrigued me far more. I have the same with the original age of empires trilogy. I'm glad the HD editions are out, but something scratches the brain just right in the originals that HD just can't.
    I totally get it.
    The more I read about the game, the more I hear how much people aren't happy with D3 compared to D2 for various reasons. I'm also starting to realize just how many people dislike Blizzard. Here's hoping this release will get them in some good graces, again.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by BisexualDolphin View Post
    Heyo ButterBird! Welcome to cK!
    Can't believe I missed your Intro post and am only now noticing it! ^^
    Glad to see that you have made an Intro and already browsing other parts of the forum!

Also, do you have a preference on what you'd like to be called?

After reading through your replies and what others have already asked, I see that you're into mmorpgs! I'm personally a big fan of MMOs, currently playing Maplestory and Final Fantasy 14. Although I'm slowly pulling myself away from Maple since it became too grindy for my liking. Yea that's what Maplestory is to begin with, but it was fun when coming back, but after playing it extensively for months on end, it became too much and started feeling like a burden.
    As for Final Fantasy 14, I recently started getting back into it, but I'm still slowly trying to find time to play, but that's been a difficult task for me since I'm busy with IRL stuff. If you're ever interested in playing either of those, feel free to reach out! I'd be more than happy to help you where I can!

Outside of MMOs, have you played any games like mobas or any shooters?

Hope I didn't repeat any question that another user had already asked! ;-;

Again, welcome to the forum and I do hope to see you around more often! ^^

I'm good with butterbird or just bird! thanks for asking ^^

I was planning to install FF14 at some point but then I saw that the install was huge and the download rate.... eternally slow. I did find something that installs it faster but i just have to turn it on at some point when i dont have family home and I can leave my pc to download something at full blast for a while. It seems pretty neat although I've never been a big fan of final fantasy itself, but I think the MMORPG can probably stand on its own from that.

Maplestory is a fond memory of mine- I never played regular maple lmao! Always been on private servers. First one was a fun little one that called itself farmerstory in the early 2010's, but it got shut down by nexon back when nexon cared about such things. I personally like the grind in mmorpg's to a good extent so for me its always such a sad thing when said grind that kept me coming back and kept me from blasting through content gets eased up far too much. RIP mabinogi man. Its just not fun anymore, i'm out of AP all the time and i don't want to be forced to go through the FIFTH version of the tutorial that you can't just skip and grab all rewards from. And even then i don't want the rewards- because they artificially boost you to endgame which is just not my style of play! I worked to get to where I was and if nexon keeps moving the goalposts and then trying to speedrun me towards it, i'm going to dig my heels in the sand and refuse to move.
    I've got a lot of time rn as i'm still job seeking after graduating hahah. Gonna hate sending out resumes- worst process, I don't even mind the interviews!
    I'll definitely poke you if I ever get to installing FF14 d:

I'm not big on MOBA's just bc of the arbitrary rules that kind of go around their style of gameplay, not my thing. One of my boyfriends plays league and the few times I watched him play + when I watched some tournaments during my brother's LAN parties i just knew that i wouldn't be a huge fan of it. Shooters I've played the typical ones over the years, with primarily sticking to overwatch as my definitive pvp shooter. Despite what blizzard does it's still the only one I've liked enough to stick to it and get pretty good at. For more SP shooters I've got mostly indie titles under my belt. Roboquest, ULTRAKILL, Does risk of rain 2 count?
    I do absolutely suck at ULTRAKILL though lmao, gotta get more practice in.

Hope to stick around for a good while too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    I totally get it.
    The more I read about the game, the more I hear how much people aren't happy with D3 compared to D2 for various reasons. I'm also starting to realize just how many people dislike Blizzard. Here's hoping this release will get them in some good graces, again.
    for sure. I mean honestly I hope at least that the people who care abt the franchise end up getting a game they love again- It always sucks when a company starts putting out poor sequels to a game you love

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ButterBird For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (03-16-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    52d 19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I'm good with butterbird or just bird! thanks for asking ^^

I was planning to install FF14 at some point but then I saw that the install was huge and the download rate.... eternally slow. I did find something that installs it faster but i just have to turn it on at some point when i dont have family home and I can leave my pc to download something at full blast for a while. It seems pretty neat although I've never been a big fan of final fantasy itself, but I think the MMORPG can probably stand on its own from that.

Maplestory is a fond memory of mine- I never played regular maple lmao! Always been on private servers. First one was a fun little one that called itself farmerstory in the early 2010's, but it got shut down by nexon back when nexon cared about such things. I personally like the grind in mmorpg's to a good extent so for me its always such a sad thing when said grind that kept me coming back and kept me from blasting through content gets eased up far too much. RIP mabinogi man. Its just not fun anymore, i'm out of AP all the time and i don't want to be forced to go through the FIFTH version of the tutorial that you can't just skip and grab all rewards from. And even then i don't want the rewards- because they artificially boost you to endgame which is just not my style of play! I worked to get to where I was and if nexon keeps moving the goalposts and then trying to speedrun me towards it, i'm going to dig my heels in the sand and refuse to move.
    I've got a lot of time rn as i'm still job seeking after graduating hahah. Gonna hate sending out resumes- worst process, I don't even mind the interviews!
    I'll definitely poke you if I ever get to installing FF14 d:

I'm not big on MOBA's just bc of the arbitrary rules that kind of go around their style of gameplay, not my thing. One of my boyfriends plays league and the few times I watched him play + when I watched some tournaments during my brother's LAN parties i just knew that i wouldn't be a huge fan of it. Shooters I've played the typical ones over the years, with primarily sticking to overwatch as my definitive pvp shooter. Despite what blizzard does it's still the only one I've liked enough to stick to it and get pretty good at. For more SP shooters I've got mostly indie titles under my belt. Roboquest, ULTRAKILL, Does risk of rain 2 count?
    I do absolutely suck at ULTRAKILL though lmao, gotta get more practice in.

Hope to stick around for a good while too!
    Of course! Just wanted to be sure since I know I had first introduced myself as 'Dolphin' rather than 'Bisexual'
    Have you ever thought of possibly installing overnight? I know I've done that a few times when I really wanted something to download but couldn't do it while others were awake.

If you ever plan to hop onto Maplestory, feel free to let me know for that as well! Reboot has fairly fast paced leveling, of course not as fast as private servers, but I think it's still fairly quick.
    Yes please! I would love to see other cK members on FF14! I know that there are a few of us who do play, but I know that we're all on different Data Centers.

As far as MOBA's go, that's fair enough. I know I got into league back in 2010, Season 3. Man have the game has changed over the years! I personally don't play it as much as before, but I do enjoy a few games when my friends are down to play. We're all mainly into TFT now though, but even then after a few matches in a new set we all stop playing all together.

It's a pleasure chatting with ya, feel free to reach out whenever you'd like! ^^
    See you around! :cheers:

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by BisexualDolphin View Post
    Of course! Just wanted to be sure since I know I had first introduced myself as 'Dolphin' rather than 'Bisexual'
    Have you ever thought of possibly installing overnight? I know I've done that a few times when I really wanted something to download but couldn't do it while others were awake.

If you ever plan to hop onto Maplestory, feel free to let me know for that as well! Reboot has fairly fast paced leveling, of course not as fast as private servers, but I think it's still fairly quick.
    Yes please! I would love to see other cK members on FF14! I know that there are a few of us who do play, but I know that we're all on different Data Centers.

As far as MOBA's go, that's fair enough. I know I got into league back in 2010, Season 3. Man have the game has changed over the years! I personally don't play it as much as before, but I do enjoy a few games when my friends are down to play. We're all mainly into TFT now though, but even then after a few matches in a new set we all stop playing all together.

It's a pleasure chatting with ya, feel free to reach out whenever you'd like! ^^
    See you around! :cheers:
    installing overnight is something i considered often, but since my bed isn't too far from my pc i wouldn't be able to sleep with the sound of the fan running the ambient lights are already a hassle that i need to look into (who thought its a good idea to have a pc have ambient lights when in sleep mode anyway...)
    But honestly its not too much of an issue, just gotta time it with a day that im out of the house running errands while no one is home and i'll likely get an opportunity to do that once i get a job and i actually need to leave the house regularly d:

Same here :> Glad to be welcomed this warmly

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Title pretty much. I tend to lurk clraik more than actually participate in the community, but maybe I'll try and be a little more active here and there.
    Welcome to the community, ButterBird!

It's nice to see all of the warm welcomes here And also nice to see you unlocked a Ryu. Congrats on that! Any other userbars on your radar?
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------