35 times
    Time Online
    10d 6h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    made a gingerbread (actually sugar cookie) house today
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shazi For This Useful Post:

Erik. (12-19-2022),Ice (12-18-2022),kittyray (12-18-2022),Nattiee (12-18-2022),Shawn (12-25-2022),Zenitsu (12-18-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazi View Post
    made a gingerbread (actually sugar cookie) house today
    I LOVE this!! Sugar cookie house is 100000X more appealing to me than gingerbread! The palm tree & surfboard is 10/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    More treats we made! I don't think this is it either. Sorry for no tag, wanting to share these.

Gib lemon scones *grabby hands*
    These look so delish. Do you mind sharing the recipe?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-18-2022),Shawn (12-25-2022),♥ Shazi ♥ (12-19-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    (you need an account to see links)
    Made a sangria orange drink! Oranges are easy to buy in winter here, so my dad always buys me a huge bag of them right around Christmas. I dried some wheels to make a garland and to use as drink garnishes, and I will dry the rest of the peels in short strips to use throughout the year in syrups, teas, coffees, stews, tonics, etc.

all I do is embarrass my parents on the internet

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kendreadful For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-18-2022),Cookie Tray (12-18-2022),DarkSkies (12-18-2022),Erik. (12-19-2022),Ice (12-18-2022),Nattiee (12-18-2022),Shawn (12-25-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 18h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    I LOVE this!! Sugar cookie house is 100000X more appealing to me than gingerbread! The palm tree & surfboard is 10/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Gib lemon scones *grabby hands*
    These look so delish. Do you mind sharing the recipe?
    yes yes for sure! sorry it's a bit messy, just going off recipe and memory.

scones
    1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp flour
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tbsp sugar (or not if you want really lemon)
    1/2 cup dried cranberries (or fresh, what's your pref lol, can use blueberries too, or anything really!)
    1/2 cup butter (cubed and left in freezer until use)
    2/3 cup milk
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    1/2 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 - 1 tbsp lemon zest

drizzle
    1 cup powdered sugar
    3 - 3 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (can add zest if you want or after they're baked for flare)

1. pre-heat oven to 400 F.
    2. combine dry ingredients together in one bowl.
    3. this part is a little tricky, but if you have, use a hand masher to or even potato masher or something to incorporate the frozen chunks of butter into the dry mix. i suggest adding the lemon juice at this stage as it can absorb into the mix vs when you add the milk after. blend ingredients together until it's flaky/crumbly in texture. don't over do it. you could grate as an alternative but the butter would melt quicker which you want to avoid. can also put dry mix + butter into food processor until crumbly texture, then add milk by hand.
    4. add milk (slowly, dough should not be super wet. if it's too wet, add 1 tbsp flour), vanilla, lemon zest and cranberries. gently mix until a dough forms.
    5. flour your area and put out dough to knead a few times. you still want that sorta loose texture. not tight like a cookie.
    6. at this point you're going to want to work quickly to flatten your dough ball out to 1" thick circle and cut into 8 pieces. you can use egg wash if you'd like as well.
    7. bake for 20 min or until golden brown.
    8. mix powdered sugar and lemon juice in separate bowl until sugar is dissolved. taste test/ensure it's the thickness you like.
    9. let scones cool for 15-20 min and drizzle!
    10. enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    yes yes for sure! sorry it's a bit messy, just going off recipe and memory.

scones
    1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp flour
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tbsp sugar (or not if you want really lemon)
    1/2 cup dried cranberries (or fresh, what's your pref lol, can use blueberries too, or anything really!)
    1/2 cup butter (cubed and left in freezer until use)
    2/3 cup milk
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    1/2 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 - 1 tbsp lemon zest

drizzle
    1 cup powdered sugar
    3 - 3 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (can add zest if you want or after they're baked for flare)

1. pre-heat oven to 400 F.
    2. combine dry ingredients together in one bowl.
    3. this part is a little tricky, but if you have, use a hand masher to or even potato masher or something to incorporate the frozen chunks of butter into the dry mix. i suggest adding the lemon juice at this stage as it can absorb into the mix vs when you add the milk after. blend ingredients together until it's flaky/crumbly in texture. don't over do it. you could grate as an alternative but the butter would melt quicker which you want to avoid. can also put dry mix + butter into food processor until crumbly texture, then add milk by hand.
    4. add milk (slowly, dough should not be super wet. if it's too wet, add 1 tbsp flour), vanilla, lemon zest and cranberries. gently mix until a dough forms.
    5. flour your area and put out dough to knead a few times. you still want that sorta loose texture. not tight like a cookie.
    6. at this point you're going to want to work quickly to flatten your dough ball out to 1" thick circle and cut into 8 pieces. you can use egg wash if you'd like as well.
    7. bake for 20 min or until golden brown.
    8. mix powdered sugar and lemon juice in separate bowl until sugar is dissolved. taste test/ensure it's the thickness you like.
    9. let scones cool for 15-20 min and drizzle!
    10. enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by kendreadful View Post
    Made a sangria orange drink! Oranges are easy to buy in winter here, so my dad always buys me a huge bag of them right around Christmas. I dried some wheels to make a garland and to use as drink garnishes, and I will dry the rest of the peels in short strips to use throughout the year in syrups, teas, coffees, stews, tonics, etc.
    omgoodness me. that looks like something i could have right now. so very pretty overall! well done. how did you concoct this?

β™₯ Stardust β™₯ Lyrichord β™₯ TsUNaMy WaVe β™₯ Zenitsu β™₯

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

kendreadful (12-21-2022),Nattiee (12-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    We made these weird butterball cookies my husband has been harping on about for awhile. Basically, they're just a nightmare mess of powdered sugar and I'll be cleaning this stuff up for weeks.

Recipe from here:

Edit: We used a butter cookie tin. Not the same thing. I promise they're 2 different cookies lol. Brian pointed it out.
    Last edited by Lilac Tentacles; 12-19-2022 at 06:35 AM.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-19-2022),DarkSkies (12-19-2022),Erik. (12-19-2022),Ice (12-19-2022),kittyray (12-19-2022),Nattiee (12-19-2022),Shawn (12-25-2022),SpongeBob (12-21-2022),Stardew (12-19-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Tentacles View Post
    We made these weird butterball cookies my husband has been harping on about for awhile. Basically, they're just a nightmare mess of powdered sugar and I'll be cleaning this stuff up for weeks.

Recipe from here:

Edit: We used a butter cookie tin. Not the same thing. I promise they're 2 different cookies lol. Brian pointed it out.
    I think they're kind of the same cookie as the ones I was eating in this photo (the white ones).
    Obviously I bougth them and I don't know how to made them. I don't even knew the actual name, but they're absolutely delicious!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (12-19-2022),Shawn (12-25-2022),Stardew (12-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    I think they're kind of the same cookie as the ones I was eating in this photo (the white ones).
    Obviously I bougth them and I don't know how to made them. I don't even knew the actual name, but they're absolutely delicious!

So I've seen them called Russian Tea cookies... But he (and the recipe) call them butterball. I mean I get it, the only liquid in that crumbly mess is butter.
    I'm sure it's one of those cookies that everyone's grandma has a different name for.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Shawn (12-25-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) I love butter cookies, the white ones are my favorite! Here we call those Nut kisses (besos de nuez) yeah don't ask me why lol

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) I love butter cookies, the white ones are my favorite! Here we call those Nut kisses (besos de nuez) yeah don't ask me why lol
    Oh rigth, I've heard people calling them Besos de Nuez, I just forgot about that.
    They're delocious.

So I'm guessing you're from Mexico or some latin country?
    I always forget who is from where. I know a lot of mexican users have shared where they're from.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Oh rigth, I've heard people calling them Besos de Nuez, I just forgot about that.
    They're delocious.

So I'm guessing you're from Mexico or some latin country?
    I always forget who is from where. I know a lot of mexican users have shared where they're from.
    Yes I'm from Mexico and same here, I can't remember everyone so don't worry

I snatched these from a vending machine at work, not sure how good they are though lol I normally prefer to buy them on pastry stores.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 12-19-2022 at 01:09 PM.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Shawn (12-25-2022),Zenitsu (12-19-2022)