DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Angry, yet nostalgic. I want to play, but I'm so tired of getting banned. I know I probably could come back because the reason I couldn't was tony p's hate boner for me specifically, but i'm just so bitter about it still that I don't want to.
    Also I'd probably actually come back if they fixed keyquest I'd forgive them then.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Alister (11-01-2022),Forever (11-21-2022),howdy (11-01-2022),team rocket (11-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    It makes me feel satisfied like I'm primping a prized collection. I have spreadsheets, other sites to keep track of things, folders of drawings, so much little stuff built up to keep track of. And I always have a list of what I'm hunting for and tracking down, it's like a very involved, infinite scavenger hunt. It feels like I'm scratching an itch on the inside of my skull.
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (11-01-2022),Mothman (11-01-2022),team rocket (11-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    It makes me feel satisfied like I'm primping a prized collection. I have spreadsheets, other sites to keep track of things, folders of drawings, so much little stuff built up to keep track of. And I always have a list of what I'm hunting for and tracking down, it's like a very involved, infinite scavenger hunt. It feels like I'm scratching an itch on the inside of my skull.
    I usually always tell people that I don't collect anything but idk why I never put it together that I DO and it's neopets and oh god I love them all so much.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

howdy (11-01-2022),Mothman (11-01-2022),team rocket (11-01-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    the spreadsheets and other sites/folders is so relatable honestly.

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

howdy (11-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    36d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Gunna be a bit whimsical with my response, since I think everyone else has covered the other vibes (which I totally agree with btw, neopets pisses me off a lot)

But it makes me feel like Alice falling into wonderland, or finding a secret world in a wardrobe. Like I'm deep diving into a fantastical world with the cutest little critters with infinite possibilities. I love that amongst the neopian worlds there's such a variety as well; there's something so fun about the idea that my neopet can have a spooky adventure (haunted woods), a brendan frasier Mummy adventure (lost desert) or a sci-fi action adventure (virtupets) all in the same lifetime. I love that there's no "wrong" way to imagine this world -- is it just your pets? Are humans and owners there? Are your pets anthro? Are they quad? It doesn't matter!

And developing my pets feels like creating new characters, but with pre-established fun rules to play off of. Some might find that limiting, but conversely I think it makes it more fun. Why is this neopet painted the way they are? Where do they live? How do they feel about faeries? How do they interact with the other pets on the account? How do they respond to the plots?

It's nostalgic, it's cute, it's sometimes spoopy. There can be super high stakes or it can be mundane. And, as others have said, it's comfortable. I know the world. I've lived in it over what feels like several lifetimes as my pets have come and go. It's just nice.

Now if TNT could just treat the world with the respect it deserves....
    Last edited by Orbit; 11-01-2022 at 07:59 PM.

Pomi the Ryu
    amazing userbar by lyrichord

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orbit For This Useful Post:

howdy (11-01-2022),team rocket (11-01-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    33d 18h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Site wise, Neopets makes me angry. I miss playing flash games. I feel like there is not much to do after the dailies.

But when it comes to the pets I feel happiness and nostalgia. I love drawing (even though I'm horrible at it) and coming up with ideas for my pets. I also love staring at them and their customizations

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doggie For This Useful Post:

team rocket (11-02-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie View Post
    Site wise, Neopets makes me angry. I miss playing flash games. I feel like there is not much to do after the dailies.

But when it comes to the pets I feel happiness and nostalgia. I love drawing (even though I'm horrible at it) and coming up with ideas for my pets. I also love staring at them and their customizations
    ahhhhhhh every day i try to forget how much i miss playing the games. puffin browser on my ipad just isn't the same esp because i cant send score :'(
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    This may seem dramatic, but in therapy, I've been working on my inner child, and neopets was a huge part of my childhood.

My therapist pointed out the effects of getting "Frozen" and how that is a traumatic experience to a child.

Re-playing, buying UC's, and creating a cute gallery, has all been a part of healing the childhood trauma that Neopets caused.

Neopets was a safe space for me as a child, it made me feel seen and heard, it was having a sense of identity online that I feel I couldn't have in the real world.

Having all that wiped out (Frozen) hurt me a lot as a child.

But going back now as an adult, and restoring a lot of what was lost, has been a healing experience for me.
    I am a human being, nothing human is alien to me.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blazingchampion For This Useful Post:

Autobot (11-02-2022),Forever (11-21-2022),Greenleaf (11-02-2022),team rocket (11-02-2022)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    93d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m

Custom Ryu by the awesome (you need an account to see links)

Custom panda userbar by the talented (you need an account to see links)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cuddlypanda For This Useful Post:

team rocket (11-02-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Honestly, lately I've been feeling pretty sad and nostalgic. I keep thinking back to times where I could rely on Neo as an escape through the fun flash games, roleplaying, customizing my pets, and actually finding pet trading fun. It's like the life was sucked out, and now when I play it feels like something is missing. I mostly miss seeing my pets' NC customizations animated and being able to play all the games I want.

Kind of a downer post, but I still find joy in making little characters out of my pets, collecting new pets, and working toward what goals I can!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patamon For This Useful Post:

Forever (11-21-2022),team rocket (11-02-2022)