Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    40d 14h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Who/What is M+?
    They're a guild, Merchant+. People love to blame them for being the driving cause behind inflation. They have a lot of really, really rich users. They're accused constantly of group inflation. Honestly its kind of silly. Considering they have a large portion of the richest players in the game, it wouldn't make sense for them to "group inflate" because then they'll just have to buy and sell to each other. Really, they all invest and inflate items individually. Pretty sure there are quite a few cheaters in there too, but I've also met some super nice people from their guild.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawking For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-22-2022),Woodpecker (09-22-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    355d 16h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    This used to be a fun idea way back in the day when Neopets had a much bigger playerbase.

With the economy so much smaller, not so much...

Everyone should just hoard the R101+ items they collect throughout the year and sell them years later for a nice profit.
    I'm personally ok with this ^ What Joe said. I think it's perfectly fine to buy a multiple of something hoping it'll inflate, for example, the stamps / Thundersticks from the AC prize shop. People are also free to price an item at whatever price they seem fair as one individual since it differs from person to person.

What I'm not ok with is a group/guild of people coming together to do this, and even TNT isn't because it's against the rules.

One individual, such as yourself DrSloth, doesn't have the potential to break the economy with yourself hoarding a few items. A group of people like M+ does though.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (09-22-2022),DrSloth (09-22-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    948 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) personally like you said as long as you are not intentionally buying hundreds upon hundreds of the same item with the intention to create scarcity so you can sell them for an inflated price and turn a big profit off of people who just want the item, you're fine lol.

@(you need an account to see links) M+ is Merchant+, aka a commerce guild who do things exactly like what I said above. Some of their members buy up a large amount of stock of one item then artificially inflate the price because they have a monopoly on the supply, just to make a profit for themselves and fuck with the neoeconomy and the players.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-22-2022),Buizel (09-22-2022),Cookie Tray (09-22-2022),DrSloth (09-22-2022),Woodpecker (09-22-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    355d 16h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawking View Post
    They're a guild, Merchant+. People love to blame them for being the driving cause behind inflation. They have a lot of really, really rich users. They're accused constantly of group inflation. Honestly its kind of silly. Considering they have a large portion of the richest players in the game, it wouldn't make sense for them to "group inflate" because then they'll just have to buy and sell to each other. Really, they all invest and inflate items individually. Pretty sure there are quite a few cheaters in there too, but I've also met some super nice people from their guild.
    Some people do blame them for ALL inflation, yes, which I don't personally see as fair since they aren't behind ALL inflation. But when it's abundantly clear from ONLY their members selling something at 1500% of its "usual" (and I quote usual since no item has set price, per se) price, then it stops being silly and it becomes user inflation.

They recently collected all of one book or item and then asked the NT authors to see if TNT could make it into a booktastic book. Guess who had all those items conveniently right before this NT question being asked? M+ members. Guess who then threw the price up to insane amounts? Also M+. Like, we gotta be serious here lol this specific scenario is ridiculous.

Buimeleon made by Hare

Sea Weasel Pokemon

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-22-2022),Cinnamoroll (09-22-2022),Cookie Tray (09-22-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (09-22-2022),Double.Trouble (09-22-2022),Ice (09-22-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 14h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSloth View Post
    And since we are discussing this, what do you guys considere ok?
    I'll use the talpidat as an example of this since it was mentioned in the main post.

As i've mentioned before in the community, i have multiple main accounts, so when the event that gave the talpidat happened i got one of each of the special colors and the rest i collected the basic ones. The situation is, most of the items i have multiples of nowadays, i collected and achieved them directly myself, i was even considering selling my extras because i saw how much the demand for it increased with the new color released but decided not to cause i dont need the np rn. So i wonder if you guys consider this ok since i didnt actually bought them for profit or if i'm still considered an inflator for not putting them in the market as soon as i got them? Because in my line of thought, since mine have never been in the market, i'm not fake inflating and just keeping them for the future? But i think that might be an argument people who are faking inflating are using also xD
    I'm fine with hoarding special items to sell for later, I do not however like the intentional manipulation and inflation that M+ does, where they buy up every of a certain item and inflate it to astronomical amounts.
    Like if I get a stamp from the Altador Cup as a prize I know it'll increase value over time, so I'll stuff it in my SDB.
    I did buy a couple Talpidats too to hoard for later. If I need the np in the future I can sell them. But I did not buy every single one on the Shop Wiz and inflate it to 50 million.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Double.Trouble For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-22-2022),Cookie Tray (09-22-2022),DrSloth (09-22-2022),Ice (09-22-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,162 times
    Time Online
    557d 10h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I think it's a normal investment strategy to buy up a couple extra items you know will inflate later, especially consumables, but some of the group efforts going on just kill a lot of the fun.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (09-22-2022),Cookie Tray (09-30-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 16h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Man this topic kinda makes me sad. Inflation caused by a group of ppl one and over again crimpling the dying neopets userbase. I know I always have here if things go crazy, but I do feel sorry for the legit players that struggle building np and play to have fun with no idea where else to go or how to manage, they sure are getting the worst part.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-22-2022),chii3d (09-22-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    40d 14h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    All I'm saying is...I encourage you to join guilds like this (other similar ones being Truth, most BD guilds, etc), and I promise you'll see that its not this crazy group effort that you think it is. Its easy to villainize groups because they have a bunch of super rich people.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    355d 16h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I'd rather not join a guild openly breaking the rules lmao

Buimeleon made by Hare

Sea Weasel Pokemon

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (09-22-2022),Hall (09-22-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Just because they do not discuss it on guild boards does not mean it's not a concentrated effort. Even if it's NOT organized as a group buy-out (which I would say is even just 2 or 3 of them d/t their extreme wealth), they all have the wealth to do it individually. They're essentially the Neo 1%ers.