Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Plot Talk (from NT Editorial)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    I feel like TNT tried to give us a war plot with The Wraith Resurgence, but it didn't REALLY work because we weren't picking sides against other players. That's what generates a lot of engagement and onsite "stickiness" - when your community can work together against the other part of the community.

Plus, making everyone have battle pets is uhhhhh kind of annoying lol. I'd rather a good story than some half-assed boss fights with drops of alchemy items, which you have to collect so many of, which you have to make so many of... etc.

Puzzles are way better than grinding.
    The Wraith Resurgence, while it was a cool idea, I agree, it ended up being way too grind-y. I would LOVE to see some more rivalry around 'factions' where we had one group of people fighting for one side and another for the other side. It would be amazing if we could co-ordinate a couple of teams in this respect for cK to have a bit of a tournament of sorts here. Kind of like the Altador Cup just gone, where we could pick a team to join and support

The Battleground of the Obelisk was another plot that could have been a heck of a lot more interesting had it been structured differently with fighting the bosses/enemies etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    684 times
    Time Online
    215d 6h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Yeah! If you join the biweekly battles you get the corresponding avatars for whichever faction you join if it wins. (you need an account to see links). I'm not sure if we have a guide anywhere, but basically if you do ten battles the following week you'll get the avatar if that team wins. (Plus a boon some of which are quite nice).
    I had a late night brainfart and mixed it up with the Wraith Resurgence. That said I also missed the main avatar for the Obelisk which is unfortunate, but what can you do. Time-turners only exist in HP and the like for seriously understandable reasons.

I'm with @(you need an account to see links) that the Resurgence was too much grind. I wish I had been around to play it more. For some reason I'm trepidatious around factions, like "what if the other team gets better prizes for winning? What if their avatar is designed better!!" But at this point any future plot is welcome. I'm encouraged to see that the staff at least seem confident that there are fun things in the future, even if not immediate.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-04-2022),Strat (07-04-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    I had a late night brainfart and mixed it up with the Wraith Resurgence. That said I also missed the main avatar for the Obelisk which is unfortunate, but what can you do. Time-turners only exist in HP and the like for seriously understandable reasons.

I'm with @(you need an account to see links) that the Resurgence was too much grind. I wish I had been around to play it more. For some reason I'm trepidatious around factions, like "what if the other team gets better prizes for winning? What if their avatar is designed better!!" But at this point any future plot is welcome. I'm encouraged to see that the staff at least seem confident that there are fun things in the future, even if not immediate.
    I suppose it's the same thing with anything in life in the fact that you will never please everyone. I love that it could be more of an incentive to work hard to achieve a common goal for your team. I guess in regards to 'having better this and that than the other team', it would be luck of the draw as to whether you would deem your final prize as a good looking/prettier reward compared to the other. But short of showing off the final potential rewards to everyone before they choose who to play for, I think this would be more detrimental to the 'team' feeling as more people would choose who to support based on what looked better.

*EDIT*
    Yesss scored a rocketpop popsicle bar from this post WOOT!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Oooh, I hope they put an effort on it and make a comic! I'm tired of events like Lyra's, where they put a banner and filled with dialogues

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    The whole plot. I thought I remembered it being one that was always left open to do like Altador but because Flash died it was impossible to actually complete if you hadn't already. I'll have to do some investigating...
    I remember trying once after hearing some were getting permanent access to magma pool but couldn't unlock that, also I didn't do the plot (I missed so many...).

I like the idea about getting back the old plots. Anyway, looking forward to this one coming!

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    I want a BD plot so bad I've been training my pets to be the stronkest since what it feels like forever.

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trash Panda For This Useful Post:

DrSloth (07-04-2022),Polarchuck (07-04-2022),xChoppie (07-04-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    Oooh, I hope they put an effort on it and make a comic! I'm tired of events like Lyra's, where they put a banner and filled with dialogues
    sameeee!! I miss the old plots so much, so much more were invested into them, I think they might think the dialogues seem more dynamic then just a comic where you can see everything from the go, but at the end, it's the same but with the comic looking better.
    But at this time I think any form I'd be happy after so many years waiting lol, just hope it happens no matter how.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

Menine (07-04-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    32d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Oh my gooooosh Mirsha and Ginia looks so cute, I need comics and FF of both of them! they are so soft *goals*! QuQ

Quote Originally Posted by Trash Panda View Post
    I want a BD plot so bad I've been training my pets to be the stronkest since what it feels like forever.
    x2 Pleaaaase!
    they have been giving good weapons recently! :'(
    It would be good if they finally release the beta of the battledome, I'm anxious for neopia defender to return (I want to improve those trophies and get the avatars too!)

Oh ...

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I genuinely forgot that plots have battledome components to them... I guess I should keep training. I stopped after I could one shot Jetsam Ace on hard but that might not be enough for plot baddies...

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarchuck View Post
    Oh my gooooosh Mirsha and Ginia looks so cute, I need comics and FF of both of them! they are so soft *goals*! QuQ

x2 Pleaaaase!
    they have been giving good weapons recently! :'(
    It would be good if they finally release the beta of the battledome, I'm anxious for neopia defender to return (I want to improve those trophies and get the avatars too!)
    The last weapons they gave on events considering what we used to have are super op, i remember when ylana's weapon were one of the strongest available below 1.5m, there's so much more options for us to play now, i definetly hope they have it bd related. I just with they had difficulty levels like the plot of return of dr sloth, where hp would increase each time you win, so we can be challenged

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-04-2022),shadowhuntee (07-04-2022)