Thread: Advice Needed, one of my accounts was stolen. What would you do??

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m

Advice Needed, one of my accounts was stolen. What would you do??

Hi guys, one of the accounts i have, i noticed it has become active in the last week, and I was like, i'll recover it and everything will be fine, but I just noticed the UC in it was transfered to a pretty nice account, the UC was illegit but I'd hate to compromise a possible buyer who had nothing to do with who got the account and i don't think he should be hold responsable for it. Because of this I think I won't be ticketing about it and i'll just let it go so a nice account isn't frozen because of this.

What would you do in this situation? If one of your side shells pets were stolen and possibly sold/send to a nice main active account.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Oof thats a tough one? I've never really taken the time to think about the fact that it might be a buyer who wasn't like, actively targeting your specific pets. My first instinct was always ITS MINE IF I CANT HAVE IT YOU CANT HAVE IT, but I think it would really depend on who it got sent to? If it got sent to someone I hate, I mean like, sorry bud, you're going down (my grudges are lifetime commitments).

I might mail them and be like
    "Why howdy there partner, it seems one of my pets has somehow made it onto your account and I cannot in the samhain figure out how! Could you possibly shed some light on the sityation?"

Or I'd just sit at my chair fuming and think of all of the ways I'd get back at them and do nothing.

Hope it all works out for you though :C

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mangle For This Useful Post:

Crow (03-08-2020),Domier (03-08-2020),Raposa (03-10-2020),seaweed (03-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    100% ask how your pet got onto their account
    How long was your account inactive for?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links)

i have too many ucs to keep track of, this one was in a shell for more than a year, so i wouldnt go out of my way and get someone frozen by a pet that it's illegit in the first place, i just found this situation a bit odd and would like to know what would be advise.

I once recovered an inactive account that further on the road i found out it had been secured by another member here, i talked to the person and he let me have it, maybe that's why i'm feeling so okay with not harming the active user who got it, because it happened to me in the past and the person was kind enough to let me have the account.

it's a tough situation because it's so easy to get into accounts nowadays, i remember the girl who went on a 15 day trip and when she came back she had lost access to her account.

but the shell i had it inw was as stealth, and no trophy events, so i can see why someone would see it as an easy target.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Oh, I thought it was at least a little active, I guess if it was an UC I didn't really give a shit about/didn't have an insane high value, I would just let it go.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    73d 8h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    That is a super tricky situation. There's also potential that the person with the pet now isn't even the buyer and traded for the pet on site legitimately. You could maybe say what the pet is without revealing the name format? People can then potentially message you in private if they've recently purchased that pet? It would definitely suck to pay the consequences as a buyer for a dodgy seller =/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    That is a super tricky situation. There's also potential that the person with the pet now isn't even the buyer and traded for the pet on site legitimately. You could maybe say what the pet is without revealing the name format? People can then potentially message you in private if they've recently purchased that pet? It would definitely suck to pay the consequences as a buyer for a dodgy seller =/
    hey buddy, i dont mind mentioning the pet species and color in private but honestly i wont do anything about it, we all know how things happen on neo and i've already been in the buyer position and would hate if something would have happened, all my more precious accounts o login monthly to keep the lurkers for inactives away but this one i wasnt that attatched to, but that got me thinking that would be a good think to discuss here to know everybody thoughts on it.