40/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

So is this a lost cause??

Ok so i got the email and made it for an awesome named account, the thing is when i go to log into the neopets account it says the account is locked due to being tried to log in too many times.

Im so bummed!!!!

Is this a lost cause??
    Last edited by Alexis; 04-18-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Oh. Yeah, good luck getting into that one.
    Hotmail/Gmail is incredibly stingy with letting people in after enough failed attempts to get into an email-- I've just downright lost access to emails I made myself because I didn't enter the right password in enough tries. (And that's when I started to actually catalogue all my emails + their PWs, lmao. Get into a habit of doing that.)

It's possible to regain access if you provide enough information about the email/what's in the account, but even stuff like providing the actual location the email was made from isn't enough. Extremely. Stingy.

This is why I just use mail.com emails nowadays, it's a lot faster + doesn't require the phone number activation + is significantly less fussy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    34d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Yeah - I use @(you need an account to see links).com emails too. Very easy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Its not the email i have problem with its the neopets account associated with it

Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    8d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I thought after a while it lets you try again? Unless they changed that. :/

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    I didn't know they locked accounts for that reason. I thought they only stopped the ability to log in for a certain time period?

PM me @(you need an account to see links), I want to try and help!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    8d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Yeah, it used to be 30 minutes of being locked out of your Neo acc, and you could just try again! Bc we all make typos/mistakes sometimes! Dx
    If they changed that to it being permanently locked out, that's fucked up. -____- I had this one acc I was trying to get into (inactive of course) and i was entering the PW of it's side account, and then someone gave me the list's information on the account, so who knows. Could have been the correct info from the list but the account is just locked forever now. -.-;

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    40d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by elpromethazine View Post
    Yeah, it used to be 30 minutes of being locked out of your Neo acc, and you could just try again! Bc we all make typos/mistakes sometimes! Dx
    If they changed that to it being permanently locked out, that's fucked up. -____- I had this one acc I was trying to get into (inactive of course) and i was entering the PW of it's side account, and then someone gave me the list's information on the account, so who knows. Could have been the correct info from the list but the account is just locked forever now. -.-;
    ah isn't it locked out for an hour? at least initially after your first ~batch~ of incorrect guesses. when i make too many wrong guesses i get something like "you've entered the PW wrong too many times, try again in 59 minutes" (not sure if that's the message you're getting tho @__@)

and after the 59 min if my next guess is wrong - ie i enter the PW wrong just once - it locks me out for another hour

if you wait more time than that tho (not sure how long it takes exactly, but i waited >24 hours since my last incorrect guess just to be safe recently) it should reset you back to 5 guesses before being locked out

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    The thing is i reset the pw, as it was an unreg email, so i KNOW the pw is correct, and its not saying bad pw

It is just saying account locked this account is temp locked because you have attempted to log in too many times

No timer or anything

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Essentially you have to make a ticket to have them lift it. It happened to 1 of my accounts during the whole transition thing and eventually I got it back but it had to be done on their side