DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Everyone here is /very/ intelligent, I'm not worried in the long term.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by gera View Post
    I did not say worried, I said concerned. Worried implies panic. No need for that. I don�t want to put any words in Joe and Odd�s mouth.

Concerned is correct. No one knows what exactly this change means, yet. I want to re-iterate we all know the risk of using scripts and bots. To keep our accounts safe, the smartest thing to do at the moment is to not use them until more information can be gathered what the server change entails on the backend.
    Worry and concern are synonyms, and I didn't put words in anyone's mouth.. not to mention if I was putting words in anyone's mouth it would be yours since I said the other user asked if we should be worried and Joe said yes. Not sure why you were that concerned about the use of another word that means the same thing. I did not remember the post word for word nor who posted it and I didn't feel the need to go back, I simply paraphrased it.

Anyway I feel like if TNT really wanted to catch every cheater on the site they could find the right person to do it, I am sure even someone here would come up with something in a short amount of time that could catch any suspicious activity. I don't think they are stupid enough to catch and freeze a HUGE chunk of their player base as that huge chunk would stop playing. Perhaps they should reassess the severity of their cheating/script use rules. They make some of the things on neo SO tedious. Why is using a script that has say sidebar links or the neoboard links or the shop wiz one that set it to identical and lets you press enter to search or even the price checkers such a big deal. Especially for games like dice-a-roo, hide and seek, gormball all of these could be so much easier for us to do.. Is it ad revenue? Even with the scripts that play it for you, they still get all the hits/ads. I will never understand TNT.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m

Lag and Other Issues

Wasnt sure if everyone saw this board?

(you need an account to see links)

I didn't know so much of the site was currently taking a shit

Last edited by Meepit; 09-09-2019 at 04:49 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Corliss (09-14-2019),Crow (09-14-2019),Menine (09-09-2019)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    ------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    32d 16h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Nooo.. I'll miss the scripts :'(

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    lol here I was looking around the neopets section like why hasn't anyone said anything? forgot about the announcements board

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Gremlin (09-09-2019),Menine (09-09-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    32d 16h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I just have a question... have you been able to log in?
    Every time i try it tells me 'no username found'.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    They're making an attempt to block programs and scripts, @(you need an account to see links). Do you think it's wise to provoke them further in the middle of their update by telling everyone how to work around it?
    Nowhere in my post do I say how to bypass their security.

If they are implementing this is because someone has been mass scanning the DB leak for old functioning passwords. Keeping hush won't solve anything or make them go "The cheaters aren't talking about this, maybe we don't need it after all".

They're implementing it and that's a fact, just like they implemented reCaptcha V2 on AC games even when everybody complained about it, it won't be long before they use the less intrusive V3 on the whole site.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    We're trying to deescalate.
    Deescalate what?

Neopets didn't changes server host, just implemented a CDN, (you need an account to see links). You go see for yourself what it is and if you want to keep botting.

There's also some weird request made every page visit, probably the JS they inject.
    You can block it with some ad blocker like uBlock, got to my filters and add
    Code:
    ||www.neopets.com/sbbi*
    THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

It's even on the neopets' subreddit post posted on the first page, ffs.

(you need an account to see links)

Just click "server-side Javascript injection" and it brings you to Stackpath's website explaining what they do and how they do it.

No dark hacker magic here.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

Pachirisu (09-10-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-09-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    Worry and concern are synonyms, and I didn't put words in anyone's mouth.. not to mention if I was putting words in anyone's mouth it would be yours since I said the other user asked if we should be worried and Joe said yes. Not sure why you were that concerned about the use of another word that means the same thing..
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Please don't assume or speculate anything. Just wait and see what happens.

Concerned and worried are two different words......................

I did not say we should be worried.

Anyways, us clraikers come from all over the world so I understand if you don’t get why the words have different connotations. No worries boo. I don’t want to detract from the thread... stay safe everyone!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gera For This Useful Post:

basmatirice (09-09-2019),Crow (09-14-2019),GiantWadjet (09-10-2019),Gremlin (09-09-2019),j03 (09-09-2019)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    Nowhere in my post do I say how to bypass their security.

If they are implementing this is because someone has been mass scanning the DB leak for old functioning passwords. Keeping hush won't solve anything or make them go "The cheaters aren't talking about this, maybe we don't need it after all".

They're implementing it and that's a fact, just like they implemented reCaptcha V2 on AC games even when everybody complained about it, it won't be long before they use the less intrusive V3 on the whole site.

Deescalate what?
    We're a cheating community that's publicly discussing the latest countermeasures that Neopets has put in place to derail our cheating solutions. They're watching us, and they'll be waiting for us to retaliate so that they can try something else on us. Perhaps not talking about what we know would disarm the situation a bit? I don't get why you're so eager to argue this point, Daviid. I for one am in no hurry to engage the Neopets team in an arms race of counter-coding. Deescalation means keeping quiet about what we know so that they stop trying to fight back against us when we work around it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Crow (09-14-2019),Stardew (09-10-2019)