Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How are the "Nostalgic Styles" (NCUCs) affecting the trading economy?

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    best to let TNT cook a lil bit more. seems the PC is going ham for ridiculous trade values.? NN has been going nuts with complaints per usual.

imo im keeping all my VWN WN etc pets stashed until some of this settles and would probably be selling for a decent cost.

of course OG UC will be worth something granted they are the "OG" just unsure until all of it chills out

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Autobot (01-24-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (01-24-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I tend to agree more with this point even though I get your side too @(you need an account to see links)
    Personally I don't see a ton of difference in the effort it took to trade up to a VWN T10 UC and a good decent RW through legitimate means but then again I haven't been to the PC in ages so I could be completely wrong.
    Trading up to a RW without UCs is gonna be pretty damn hard now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    BD is going to be more valuable now, as it should be... seeing as it's the only pet trait that actively makes you neopoints on the site.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I can already see from looking at the boards that the RW economy is going bananas.

I agree about BD becoming more relevant again. Which is ooooof because I hate BD lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if TNT does a purge of some ancient names and accounts again at some point to counter some of these problems.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    33d 23h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    4l-RW/RN, BD I feel is gonna be the way to go. However I feel the tokens might gain more value once they stop becoming available and cycle out to other colors...IF they cycle out I am not sure what the plan is on that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mixednuts For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-24-2024)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
    4l-RW/RN, BD I feel is gonna be the way to go. However I feel the tokens might gain more value once they stop becoming available and cycle out to other colors...IF they cycle out I am not sure what the plan is on that.
    This.

Right now available tokens are trading 1:1 because they're "buyable", but if rotation comes and they're completely out for long time maybe we will see values changing.

Top now are RN/RW/4Ls though I believe Y1-Y3 and BD pets can get upper in future. Just like UCs were discarded, there is still the possibility of NC renaming (I know spaghetti code here and there, this is only a crazy theory) in order to get more $$ for TNT.

I find it harder for age or BD stats to become payable.

Leaving that aside I assume shuffling will revolve through everything we know so far but with UC shuffles becoming NC shuffles.

Token values? I'm not sure now, I saw baby kougra trade for 1-3 DSS or SS I can't remember well. I imagine a relative price as the specific UC used to have but maybe less? I haven't been following the boards lately.
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 01-24-2024 at 09:38 PM.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Honestly I hope they don't cycle out the current colors. Leave that shit in there and just add to the pool the other colors as they go on through the year. I don't want to sit here and have to pull money out my fucking ass because of greedy traders on the boards gatekeeping their plushie/royals/robots/sponges (and whatever else is unbuyable at the moment) just to make a childhood dream pet.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-25-2024),kittyray (01-24-2024),lluvia (01-25-2024),Sakuras (01-24-2024),Styx (01-24-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Totodile View Post
    Honestly I hope they don't cycle out the current colors. Leave that shit in there and just add to the pool the other colors as they go on through the year. I don't want to sit here and have to pull money out my fucking ass because of greedy traders on the boards gatekeeping their plushie/royals/robots/sponges (and whatever else is unbuyable at the moment) just to make a childhood dream pet.
    Come on, you know TNT. You're fooling yourself if you think they won't.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-25-2024),Sakuras (01-25-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Totodile View Post
    TNT hasn't explicitly said (as far as I know) that they'll cycle out the current colors but when you go to the Styling Studio to choose a pet/style, Umbra Penn says: "I often get tired of painting the same thing over and over again… so you better get one of these styles below while I’m in the mood!" It heavily suggests that they will be cycling out the colors as Umbra gets "tired" of doing it. I don't think that will mean they won't be available again, just that they'll have some kind of rotation.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cookieface For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-25-2024),Autobot (01-25-2024),birdies (01-25-2024),DarkSkies (01-25-2024),happylemondrop (01-26-2024),lluvia (01-25-2024),Sakuras (01-25-2024),Unown (01-25-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Honestly I called it that they'd cycle them like 2 weeks ago, literally every MMO with a cash shop does this to drive exclusivity psychology. It's marketing 101 haha

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-25-2024)