Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anime Are You Watching/Have You Recently Watched?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    701 times
    Time Online
    219d 1h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    I had no idea I was going to love Inuyasha so much. Zero clue. MY HEART.

The soundtrack is incredible. The character themes, how they intertwine them ... I'll save that for a post in the anime music thread. A show can have a good plot, but if the music is lacking, it just doesn't hit the same. Inuyasha is all the feels.

I'm amazed by the relationships these characters build between each other. I don't know how Kagome had half the grace she did for Kikyo, but it's her care for everyone, including Kikyo, that helps everyone else survive, and let Kikyo go in peace at the end. I was relieved when Sango finally tamed Miroku to stop flirting! Then to see them with 3 kids already within three years gave me the biggest chuckle. Watching everyone have true character growth was really beautiful.

The progression of the swords seems to be another common anime trope, and I enjoyed watching all the hard-earned victories along the way. Going back to character growth, Sesshomaru surprised me to the very end! Also, Rin harping on Jaken was a barrel of laughs.

Kagome's questions for Naruko at the end showed just how much she had matured, and the grace everyone had for each other blew me away.

I've already watched that last episode of the Final Act twice, and I still can't get over how much is packed in there!

I'm getting it on DVD, and I can't wait to watch it all again, and then again. To everyone who recommended it, thank you! I understand how many people list it as their favorite anime.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibba View Post
    I started watching the original Saint Seiya anime again.

I don't really remember watching the anime in order or completely, I just remember watching all my childhood

Ooh what's this about? They look like the male version of Sailor Scouts and I'm digging it.

I'm currently half watching Fullmetal Alchemist. It's pretty good but admittedly I have it on and get a bit distracted sometimes so I ask @(you need an account to see links) questions here and there.The storyline is interesting.
    So far my favourite character is a tie between Izumi Curtis and that Alex Armstrong mustache man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (07-10-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    Ooh what's this about? They look like the male version of Sailor Scouts and I'm digging it.

I'm currently half watching Fullmetal Alchemist. It's pretty good but admittedly I have it on and get a bit distracted sometimes so I ask @(you need an account to see links) questions here and there.The storyline is interesting.
    So far my favourite character is a tie between Izumi Curtis and that Alex Armstrong mustache man!
    WHATTTTT? You don't know Saint Seiya? It's one of the most iconic franchises of all time, there are movies (One live action came out this year, Knights of the Zodiac, OVAS, netflix has a new 3D adaptation, tons of seasons, sequels, etc etc
    The Saint Seiya manga had over 50 million copies in circulation as of 2022, making it one of the best-selling manga series. Both the original manga and the anime adaptation were successful internationally across Asia, Europe, Africa, and Latin America.

The story follows five mystical warriors called the Saints who fight wearing sacred sets of armor named "Cloths", the designs of which derive from the various constellations the characters have adopted as their destined guardian symbols. The Saints have sworn to defend the reincarnation of the Olympian goddess Athena (in her fictional depiction specific to the series) in her battle against other gods who want to dominate Earth.

I grew up with this anime

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    it/its
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 10h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Idk that I could say I'd actually recommend it but I've been rewatching Spider Riders, the kids anime from 2006 that aired in the US on Kids WB! It's cheesy as hell but I loved it as a kid, and the novels too

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibba View Post
    WHATTTTT? You don't know Saint Seiya? It's one of the most iconic franchises of all time, there are movies (One live action came out this year, Knights of the Zodiac, OVAS, netflix has a new 3D adaptation, tons of seasons, sequels, etc etc
    The Saint Seiya manga had over 50 million copies in circulation as of 2022, making it one of the best-selling manga series. Both the original manga and the anime adaptation were successful internationally across Asia, Europe, Africa, and Latin America.

The story follows five mystical warriors called the Saints who fight wearing sacred sets of armor named "Cloths", the designs of which derive from the various constellations the characters have adopted as their destined guardian symbols. The Saints have sworn to defend the reincarnation of the Olympian goddess Athena (in her fictional depiction specific to the series) in her battle against other gods who want to dominate Earth.

I grew up with this anime
    Sounds pretty interesting! I might put this next on my list =) thank you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Kibba (07-13-2023)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 42m
    I've just started on two new ones. These are both newer (that i know of) and on Netflix, and also dropping episodes weekly. So if you are wanting to watch all at once, these ain't it :p

So the first one is My Happy Marriage. It had popped up a few times on my Tiktok and i'm a sucker for a good romance and figured why not. There is (from my understanding) an ongoing light novel for this, so if you want to get further ahead - thats the way to go. After watching the two episodes that are out, i was already stashing them into my amazon cart to be able to read ahead. I AM HOOKED. Its blending in some supernatural aspects with the romance and i'm excited to see where it goes.

The second one only had one episode out, but it was -fantastic- is Zom 100. I had never heard of it and it popped up on the 'because you watched' list thing on Netflix, so figured why not.
    Despite the fact that its a zombie outbreak, this is just downright fun. Its just so visually appealing, and I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has yet to watch. If you hate your job and enjoy zombies, this is for you.

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    56d 4h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I literally clicked on this JUST to post about Zom 100
    Visually so spectacular, I'm *in love* with it - I've only watched about 5 animes in my lifetime (late bloomer to Anime lol)

So beautiful honestly, absolutely recommend to everyone! I didn't realise it was on Netflix

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Not an anime but there's no place for manga... I've been re-reading +Anima for the first time since I was in middle school and I have really enjoyed it. I think it would have made for a neat anime adaptation, I'm pretty surprised it never got one.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    456 times
    Time Online
    64d 19h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I finished watching Demon Slayer S2 the other day (the red lights district arc).
    It was fun action and the story was simple as previous installment. But I do wonder if every arc from now on is gonna follow the same structure... Infinity Train arc and this (Red Lights District arc) were pretty much the same in that regard lol.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    37d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I just binged Madoka Magica today with my partner. I'm a person who always has trouble watching new things... I can't tell if it's because I like sticking to what I already know, or because I don't like being disappointed in things. Whatever it is, rewatching stuff with someone who hasn't experienced it is always a really wonderful experience to have. Madoka is my all time favourite anime, so getting to cry over it with him was fun.

It's making me want to buy figures of the girls though which is dangerous for my wallet.

Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast