Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    The fact that they ran 'multiple' guilds in less than 2 years makes me feel that they won't stick with it very long.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ChocolateSprinkles For This Useful Post:

Buizel (08-10-2021),cuddlypanda (08-10-2021),Ice (08-10-2021),kittyray (08-10-2021),♥ lagrima ♥ (08-11-2021),Nyanobyte                      (08-10-2021),tangerine (08-12-2021)

Pronouns
    hers/his
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    169 times
    Time Online
    43d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I want to be optimistic, but i'm gonna miss waka a lot...
    Hopefully the new guide/team will take care of their legacy; sad to see them go, but if it's needed there's nothing left to do

León the Lion Ryu,
    the "Board Games hoarder"
    Born || 2020~11~15

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Da Plushee Boree For This Useful Post:

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    I don't trust any guide that's relying on info from Discord or random other sites, sorry...

Let's hope another potential guide owner with more transparency steps up.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Buizel (08-10-2021),Extraterrestrial (08-11-2021),Malarkey (08-11-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    23d 6h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I've been away for a long time, so forgive me if this has been addressed - but did something (or more than one thing) happen leading up to Waka's detriment?

also tbt to /~Clara

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tangerine For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (08-11-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacreds View Post
    Well on one note, I've traded with each of those users that will be part of the team so they're not completely random
    But they're definitely not that active in comparison and don't seem experienced with values or dealing with populars/fluctuating items

Wouldn't be my first choice of people to take over the guide at all but I guess it's good to see someone willing to step up. Not really sure how I feel about it in the long run though...I'm kinda expecting it not to work out too well
    Seconded. I've traded with them, but I would not trust them to keep values especially of populars up. I'm going to miss Waka a ton. It's been a staple over the last few years and has been good about updating values and keeping up. At least a lot of the current values stay pretty stable from /~Waka, I'll be using it for a while more besides for new/pops.

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    I've been away for a long time, so forgive me if this has been addressed - but did something (or more than one thing) happen leading up to Waka's detriment?

also tbt to /~Clara
    As far as I know, no! /~Waka's owners were always good about posting threads for users to report their trades and update accordingly. They slowed down in the last two months - which they seemed to explain why in the thread - but there was never any drama surrounding them as far as I know. Other than people complaining their values were out of whack and /~Waka being like "Well no one reported trades for those items soooo...?"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

tangerine (08-12-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    412d 14h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    7h 15m
    Apparently some drama went down today and Mysticcsky is no longer being worked on...anyone have the dirt? I didn't catch the board and I'm curious what made them completely abandon it in less than 24 hours since their last update o:

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Apparently some drama went down today and Mysticcsky is no longer being worked on...anyone have the dirt? I didn't catch the board and I'm curious what made them completely abandon it in less than 24 hours since their last update o:
    Oh boy haha, how do I chronicle this
    Well it started when Alexis (guide owner of /~Priscilla) gave some constructive criticism regarding the guide, I don't really remember the main points of it though. Then Claire (dont know her username) and vellen_ (or sth) chimed in with their own criticisms regarding the name, and then it was mostly about lack of responses and overall communication from the guide owners.
    Thennn the guild members started to jump in and defend the guide owners, which made Claire and vellen_ double down on the conflict of interest happening here
    THEN it was revealed I guess that the guide owners were from the TC, and considering the TC's horrible reputation, made them look pretty bad
    AND THEN some glaring discrepancies were pointed out by some other folks - like how Berry Cute Bakery is at 4-6 and Altador Set Sails BG is at 1-2 which is NUTS because the Bakery BG is at 2-3 at most and the Set Sails BGs have gone for like 20+...
    Then everyone kinda dogpiled on how SUS that is and it kinda devolved into everyone borderline accusing the guide makers for trying to profit off of the guide, with guild members and other white knights doubling down

It started with some legitimate, decent discussion but the guide owners just went..

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Autobot (08-16-2021),Buizel (08-16-2021),cuddlypanda (08-16-2021),Cybelle (08-21-2021),gjniev (08-17-2021),Ice (08-16-2021),kittyray (08-16-2021),Malarkey (08-17-2021),Sacreds (08-16-2021),Sephora (08-16-2021),Stardew (08-17-2021),Winona (08-17-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    412d 14h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    7h 15m
    Wow wow. I didn't expect that to escalate so quickly but I definitely see the concerns with those discrepancies
    I haven't used the guide at all yet but I'm glad someone caught those weird values
    Never saw that Bakery BG trade higher than like ~2 and those Team Sail BGs weren't even at 1-2 before they retired lol

I saw a post that some other group was working on a guide now, hope this attempt isn't a train wreck like this one

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sacreds For This Useful Post:

cuddlypanda (08-16-2021)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Wow wow. I didn't expect that to escalate so quickly but I definitely see the concerns with those discrepancies
    I haven't used the guide at all yet but I'm glad someone caught those weird values
    Never saw that Bakery BG trade higher than like ~2 and those Team Sail BGs weren't even at 1-2 before they retired lol

I saw a post that some other group was working on a guide now, hope this attempt isn't a train wreck like this one
    Yeah, it certainly wasn't helped by the fact that there was nothing but crickets from the guide owners, and when one finally did address things, you could argue she was a little passive aggressive about it (though thats def up to interpretation lol)
    I feel like it was already off to a rocky start that literally nobody knew who any of these people were And being generally unresponsive to questions didn't help
    I personally think they could have taken it slow and answered inquiries to build the foundation of how the guide is going to be set up before putting in all the work to write it, because "omg omg we're so busy" was their fallback when pressed about their lack of communication. Like...you just put this on yourselves if you think about it lol but that's my opinion!

Ah, new group huh? Any idea who they are or if you don't wanna say, are they a little more well known? I hope they have a catchier host name than MysticcSky

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Ice (08-16-2021)