DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Nov 27 - 30: The new Kaleidoscope Dreams GBMC will be 50% off. All Kaleidoscope Dreams GBMCs purchased on Nov 27 will have a higher chance of granting extra boxes (up to 6)! From Nov 28-30, they'll still be on sale, but at the regular box-per-purchase chance rate of 2-4 boxes.
    Is this saying GBCs bought today will continue to have a higher box drop rate even if opened later?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    150d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    NC Archives Fortune Cookie - Only 1,146 left!
    Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie - Only 1,656 left!
    Training Fortune Cookie - Only 440 left!

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Ked (11-27-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    16d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    What would be some good things to get for trading fodder? I bought 3 $20 NC cards because the price was REALLY good so now I have all of that at my disposal. But I don't wanna spend it all, just mostly curious what would be worth my money I guess!

I'm not terribly NC chat-active lol. So I would love some advisement.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    What would be some good things to get for trading fodder? I bought 3 $20 NC cards because the price was REALLY good so now I have all of that at my disposal. But I don't wanna spend it all, just mostly curious what would be worth my money I guess!

Archive Cookies as normally people trade 2 GBCs or so for them.
    The GBMC would also be a great buy today to save for later, or to use for boxes if you get low.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

BlueFox (11-27-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Well, I would say that depends - by asking about trading fodder, does that mean that you do customize your pets and want to get more into customization/trading NC items? Or are you just kinda wanting something that's more fun for your personal account & you don't really have any desire to get more active in that part of the site?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

BlueFox (11-27-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    16d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    Well, I would say that depends - by asking about trading fodder, does that mean that you do customize your pets and want to get more into customization/trading NC items? Or are you just kinda wanting something that's more fun for your personal account & you don't really have any desire to get more active in that part of the site?
    Bit of a mixture of the two. I do have "ideal" customs I want for my pets so I'm eager to trade for those but I'm not keen on getting pulled into that perpetual trading frenzy some people seem to be in constantly. Does that make sense?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (11-27-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Bit of a mixture of the two. I do have "ideal" customs I want for my pets so I'm eager to trade for those but I'm not keen on getting pulled into that perpetual trading frenzy some people seem to be in constantly. Does that make sense?
    It does! I would say that the best fodder for trading for small wishes is going to be the Kaleidoscope GBCs. Not only will they give you boxes to trade if you open a couple, but they'll also be a really hot commodity, and it's usually pretty easy to get small wishes if you offer a GBC for trade (for items that are 1-2 in cap value - /~waka & /~priscilla are the current most commonly used value guides)... these GBCs - if the ones purchased today continue to give out 4+ boxes - will get more and more desirable even after today, so it'll be even easier to get small wishes if you offer "Black Friday" GBCs up for trade.

BUT - if some of the items that you want are higher in value, they don't make the best trading fodder in my opinion. If you want something for a customization that's valued at 25, for example, that'd mean trading 25 GBCs toward it + needing 25 boxes to send the 25 GBCs. At that rate, you'd be better off just trying to buy the item off someone from here... way better bargain.

So I'd recommend grabbing some GBCs, maybe opening some if you need the boxes to trade, and then I'd honestly hang on to the rest. If you don't think you're gonna get sucked in to the trading black hole (lol) and you're really only after certain wishes, offering custom is *always* a big hit. For example, in December, there's an event called Stocking Stufftacular... everyone will have bled their bank accounts dry but will want to participate, so if you offer your NC up and people want to trade you their items for 5-packs, 10-packs, or even 25-packs (which, at 1800 NC would get you about 9 cap value in items in return), those are usually really popular ways to trade for your wishes.

If you ever have specific questions or want to reach out about the best way to get the specific items that you're seeking, feel free to PM me! It's hard to give specific advice when it can vary so much based on the rarity/value/difficulty of the wishes you're after, if that makes sense, LOL.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

BlueFox (11-27-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    There's more Fortune cookies that Just got released! 3k this time Enjoy guys!

Training Fortune Cookie
    125 75 NC
    Only 1,916 left!
    Add to cart

Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie
    100 50 NC
    Only 3,374 left!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m5chu For This Useful Post:

BlueFox (11-27-2020),rachel (11-27-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    16d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    It does! I would say that the best fodder for trading for small wishes is going to be the Kaleidoscope GBCs. Not only will they give you boxes to trade if you open a couple, but they'll also be a really hot commodity, and it's usually pretty easy to get small wishes if you offer a GBC for trade (for items that are 1-2 in cap value - /~waka & /~priscilla are the current most commonly used value guides)... these GBCs - if the ones purchased today continue to give out 4+ boxes - will get more and more desirable even after today, so it'll be even easier to get small wishes if you offer "Black Friday" GBCs up for trade.

BUT - if some of the items that you want are higher in value, they don't make the best trading fodder in my opinion. If you want something for a customization that's valued at 25, for example, that'd mean trading 25 GBCs toward it + needing 25 boxes to send the 25 GBCs. At that rate, you'd be better off just trying to buy the item off someone from here... way better bargain.

So I'd recommend grabbing some GBCs, maybe opening some if you need the boxes to trade, and then I'd honestly hang on to the rest. If you don't think you're gonna get sucked in to the trading black hole (lol) and you're really only after certain wishes, offering custom is *always* a big hit. For example, in December, there's an event called Stocking Stufftacular... everyone will have bled their bank accounts dry but will want to participate, so if you offer your NC up and people want to trade you their items for 5-packs, 10-packs, or even 25-packs (which, at 1800 NC would get you about 9 cap value in items in return), those are usually really popular ways to trade for your wishes.

If you ever have specific questions or want to reach out about the best way to get the specific items that you're seeking, feel free to PM me! It's hard to give specific advice when it can vary so much based on the rarity/value/difficulty of the wishes you're after, if that makes sense, LOL.
    I appreciate your help! I think I decided on 20 of the GBMC and 20 of the archive cookies. Does this seem like a good idea? I feel the cookies give me a little added value without having to send quite so many items lol. I do need a few cherry blossom branches for various customs, so I do need to high-value type things, but I also realize boxes trade quick for my small stuff. Most items I'm wanting are 1~4 cap value, tbh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Could I ask a slightly dumb question please, as I'm new to NC trading but am interested in getting into customizations.