DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    92d 14h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I recently got back into playing it and like Nessav said...Using mods and CC is a rabbit hole :') But to me it makes the game so much more enjoyable. Although I do spent 90% of my time playing around in CAS now :p

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I started playing recently, and I love it. I've been playing only the base game so far, but maybe I'll dive into mods or expansion packs later. It's such a fun game.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    6d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I used to be big on The Sims, but... is it still any good?

I've read on review sites that TS4 is a lot worse than TS3. How have you guys found it? Is it worth trying out?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    There are 2 kinds of players. Those who can grow with the times and love the Sims 4, and those who are stuck in the past and love the Sims 3 and hate 4. The Sims 4 is amazing. The game offers so much and runs WAY better than 3 ever did. I wouldn�t listen to those who claim 4 sucks because there�s like this cult following of the Sims 3 on tumblr and other social media sites that rag on the sims 4 just because they like 3 better lol. I personally can�t even look at 3 anymore after having played 4. It�s just so much better. And the Sims 3 has this weird forced �realistic� art style that doesn�t work well, imo, whereas 4 is more stylized and has a unique look that isn�t trying super hard to make the Sims look like real people.

Just try the game for yourself or watch some YouTube videos to see if its something you�d like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Badger (07-26-2019),Pinecone (08-02-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I still play both of them. For sure I prefer The Sims 3 when it comes to building houses, but The Sims 4 create better looking characters, imo

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Love The Sims Sims 2 was my fav, but I do have Sims 4 and occasionally pick it up. Made my mermaid in the recent pack and just kind of stopped playing, lol

I used to have a lot of fun with the world editor in Sims 3 and trying to make the perfect height maps/sky gradients/etc. and do really miss being able to travel the world the way you could (let our Sims drive the cars, EA! Bikes! Something.)

Big fan of the Wicked Whims mod and all the references for it they've been sneaking into the game!
    Last edited by Achyfi; 08-02-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Drowning sims will never stop being fun.

Tbh I'm still on TS3, mainly just because I spend more time creating sims and building houses than playing the game itself, and partly because I don't want to go back and download all new custom content. That said, there's probably a larger selection for TS4 by now than there is for TS3--anyone have any recommendations?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    41d 16h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I love the sims. All of them. I will even play sims 1 from time to time, but sims 2 and 3 are my favourite. I also love the drug dealing mod for sims 4 and will often mess up sims lives just because it's fun.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I play the Sims 4 more than the others. I used to love Sims 3 back in the day, but it ran so badly on most computers because it was a resource hog. Sims 4 runs much more smoothly and I'm a huge fan of the art style.

As for custom content, I recommend Tumblr! There's a huge simblr community on there with CC to fit everyone's style. @sssvitlans is a great place to start. If you're super into alpha CC (a realistic style kind of like TS3) then I'd recommend thesimsresource.com. It has a ton on there, but the downside is that it's full of ads if you don't pay for the monthly subscription ($3-4 I think?). What I would do is sign up for a month, get all the CC you want, then cancel the sub. The site is so much better to use with a sub since theres a batch downloader that will let you download 100 files at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I love playing the Sims. I havent had a chance to get the Sims 4 just yet, but I am currently addicted to Sims 3! I absolutely love the game. I enjoy building houses and creating the people. My favorite part is becoming a mermaid and using one of the codes to keep my air bubble filled so I do not have to go back to the surface. I like to collect fish and shells in the game!

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

What's the drug dealing mod for TS4? I havent been told about that on just yet! I am waiting to see if anything comes out before going for TS4. I know there are quite a few links for free versions since Origin charges way too much for a video game. My youngest sister is 19 and she has TS4, so I am hoping to copy the file from her hard drive and then save it on mine so I can try it out.