DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Putting tomato in a dish ruins the dish instantly unless you pick it out before the juice can settle or cook into it.
    IF YOU'RE GOING TO SERVE A WEEKLY BEEF ROAST THAT I'M FINALLY GONNA BE BOLD ENOUGH TO ORDER AT LEAST TELL ME YOU STEWED IT IN TOMATOES TOO THAT WAS THE NASTIEST THING I EVER TRIED THAT WAS ACTUALLY HIGH QUALITY MEAT AND VEG.

FROM NOW ON ONLY MAKING IT AT HOME EVER AGAIN. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT AND NOT INCLUDE IT IN THE VEG LIST ON THE MENU. LITERALLY. WHY.

I DUNNO IF THIS GOES ON PETTY ANGER THREAD OR HERE BUT IT GOES HERE BECAUSE THE HOT TAKE IS PLEASE INFORM PEOPLE YOU USED TOMATOES GOD.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    tomato doesn't belong in guacamole

beans can and do belong in chili
    I love tomato in my guacamole.

Pico de gallo is traditional here

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

♥ pppp3 ♥ (06-22-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Double.Trouble View Post
    THANK YOU. I love dogs, but "dog culture" annoys the shit out of me.

Not everyone has to like dogs or your dog. Some people are even allergic or afraid of them. Respect that. Stop taking it personally.

On another note...since this is a hot takes thread and I don't give a shit...Pit Bull owners are the worst subset of dog owners. I like to say they have the worst fandom. I'm talking about the kind of people who victim blame a person for getting killed by one, the kind that pushes their dog onto everyone and gets upset if you don't like pit bulls (but they'll gladly shit on chihuahuas all day), the kind that post photos of their dog on articles of a fatality, saying "my pibblie wibblies would never! Why did you have to name the breed?!?!" Shut up. Shut the fucking fuck up.
    Someone died and you care about the reputation of your dog breed of choice? Yes, it's your choice to get a bloodsport breed. A dog that was bred to fight in a pit against another dog. They're not "nanny dogs," stop spreading that stupid myth that endangers people. And stop comparing your dog breed to minorities. IT'S A DOG.
    Dog breeds aren't blank slates.

I hate that these things have a literal political lobby too, it's ridiculous.

I could rant about this forever.
    It's pretty distasteful when people make any dog-attack incident to be about the dog rather than about the victim (especially when they invoke social justice rhetoric), and again, I think it boils down to people not seeing dogs as animals but rather as toys.

As someone who had a pitbull until he passed away from old age, I do sympathize to an extent with the overzealous... fandom I guess you could call it? Lol. Pitbull defense squad maybe. There's a lot of misinformation on both sides and I think the entire situation has been really blown out of proportion. But yes, pitbulls like other bully breeds, were originally bred to fight a variety of other animals. But for many decades they were mostly bred as pets, until dog-fighting as an illegal sport saw a rise in the 70s-80s. Lots of other dog breeds were also used in these fights, though, such as rottweilers. The illegalization of pitbulls is pretty steeped in classism and racism; it's not really a coincidence that laws criminalizing their ownership rose alongside the "war on drugs." There are other dog breeds, such as the German shepherd, that were bred to attack people and are weaponized by the police and the military, but they don't get the same reputation nor the same laws prohibiting their ownership. Certain breeds are more prone to certain behaviors, but a lot is dependent on what traits individual dogs are bred to have, as well as how their owners train and socialize them. You wouldn't go to a breeder specializing in breeding K-9s for your family's German shepherd, and the same goes for pit bulls (though adopt don't shop obviously).

That being said, @(you need an account to see links) put it best in their post a few pages back: "Every dog is different, but it's ultimately up to the owners to advocate for them." People need to recognize their pets, whether they be dogs, cats, fish, birds, whatever, as being animals. Pets are sentient beings that are dependent on us to care for them properly, and even though they are individuals, they aren't people. Their animality should be respected just as you should respect the humanity of another person.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Cherubi (06-22-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Who's been eating chili without beans?
    Yeah like....what is chili without beans? Just...meat, spices, and tomato paste/sauce?

I make a few different chilis (meat, vegan, ect) and they all have kidney and black beans.
    Since when do beans not belong in chili?
    I've always known chili to have beans...WHAT.

absolutely every elitist chili snob in Texas, and they will heap their scorn upon you if you dare suggest chili could be improved with a bean in it because it's not the purist way

they'll also probably hate you for putting a tomato in there too

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Purrson View Post
    mayo SUCKS. fight me
    I would never fight u because we are all one however, I think you might be surprised how many sauces and dressings are mayo based

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilljoy For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-28-2023),Cat Purrson (06-22-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilljoy View Post
    I would never fight u because we are all one however, I think you might be surprised how many sauces and dressings are mayo based
    Yeah I know and those I don't mind. It's just plain mayo on a burger or sandwich that drives me insane!!

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (06-22-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    83d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Having children is overrated and there are too many people out there who should not have children, but have them anyways.
    Societal pressure to have a child is so gross and outdated.

And this is coming from someone who works with children. I love the kids I work with, but it really drives home the point of “people who shouting have children but do anyways”. It’s sad because they deserve more than their parents can give them. So @(you need an account to see links) isn’t far off with saying let’s leash children because so many kids nowadays do not have life skills or boundaries and IT SHOWS.

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Anybody (06-27-2023),Cat Purrson (06-22-2023),Cocobutter (06-26-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-22-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    1. mayo/ ranch/ aioli are all fucking disgusting unless properly homemade
    2. the word "doggo" and the people who use it sincerely can all go to hell
    3. (not that anyone here has been as bad as this at all!!!, but) militantly child free people are as insufferable if not more insufferable than baby obsessed parents. at least parents have the excuse of hormones for being so obsessed with kids.. what's their excuse?

i do agree with Cinna though, that there's loads of people out there who just shouldn't have had kids. Sadly though it's kind of an impossible thing to regulate without heading down the path of eugenics which is very immoral. education and birth control is key
    you can call me pix

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pppp3 For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-28-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-22-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Drago is the best animal crossing villager and I'm willing to die on this hill.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    My hot take is that it's hot this week, and I hate the heat.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Abyss For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-28-2023)