3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    35d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    5h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Man back in the hay day I had thousands of UC pets, so my stock is considerably lower than it used to be. The short answer is... not enough time, and too much to do. I don't have the time to secure all of them and list them up. Plus, I find the hunt for them to be more fun than the actual selling of them. I typically just listed the highlights and most sought after pets to sell, the rest are just sitting around right now waiting for me to do something with them
    I'd probably work on selling them once I had time to do so. I was planning to, later on, put like 4 UCs on accounts and sell them as bulk/bundle kind of deals. But I was just stocking up and seeing what I could find right now.
    Got it, I figured as much. Good luck with the names I guess - Could be awhile yet.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    I get your point. Although to a degree I think the point here is that they feel one probably shouldn't have to go through the challenges and the rigour of having to trade up to an elite UC, when most people are buying theirs on the black market anyway. And those people are buying them for hundreds of dollars, so why not sell them cheap and let the company make money, instead of hackers.

What I do completely agree with you on, is it still should have been optional. If not for the technicalities, then for those who took pride in their legally gotten UCs, and those who love the trading aspect of it all.
    Yeah, that's my whole thing. I absolutely support releasing NCUC for everyone, I just don't support removing trading (as a pet, not a NC item) from everyone who has worked to get UCs over the last decade. It's punishing the people who ground their way to making a great BD pet, traded that for a T6, finally made it BN T10 and was now working to get into names or higher level BD, or whatever dream pet they wanted. Now they're just back to having a BN converted plus an item they could trade for NC but not necessarily for the pet they wanted.

They could so easily have had NCUC tradable as a NC item so people would get all the benefits will do now, while still keeping the 'original' UCs tradeable as pets. They'd probably still lose value but people who wanted originals for nostalgic reasons or were working on trade chains wouldn't lose out so completely.

It's also taking something people enjoy as an activity away on a site that is absolutely begging to have more activities. As I say, it just sours what would otherwise have been a near universally hype thing imo, and for no real reason when 'why not both' would be possible.

(AND I'm going to be sad that more of the weird/cute BN pets are going to be leaving stage right - a lot of people loved them for the art - nice that they can get the art on WN pets now but sad to lose that nostalgic factor - who will love Brittney6969neo now)
    Last edited by birdies; 01-18-2024 at 11:48 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-18-2024)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    So is this how pet trading's gonna be for the next while? NC customs for names? I'll take it!
    This is awesome cause so many good VWN basics and cool compound names are made already. This annoys me though because it might encourage hoarding and mass name creation... so many more names could potentially rot. And theres no way to trade up to anything anymore as it stands, until the purge. Itll be weird for a bit thats for sure

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-18-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    Yeah, that's my whole thing. I absolutely support releasing NCUC for everyone, I just don't support removing trading (as a pet, not a NC item) from everyone who has worked to get UCs over the last decade. It's punishing the people who ground their way to making a great BD pet, traded that for a T6, finally made it BN T10 and was now working to get into names or higher level BD, or whatever dream pet they wanted. Now they're just back to having a BN converted plus an item they could trade for NC but not necessarily for the pet they wanted.

They could so easily have had NCUC tradable as a NC item so people would get all the benefits will do now, while still keeping the 'original' UCs tradeable as pets. They'd probably still lose value but people who wanted originals for nostalgic reasons or were working on trade chains wouldn't lose out so completely.

It's also taking something people enjoy as an activity away on a site that is absolutely begging to have more activities. As I say, it just sours what would otherwise have been a near universally hype thing imo, and for no real reason when 'why not both' would be possible.

(AND I'm going to be sad that more of the weird/cute BN pets are going to be leaving stage right - a lot of people loved them for the art - nice that they can get the art on WN pets now but sad to lose that nostalgic factor - who will love Brittney6969neo now)
    Hey, not aiming to detract from your other points - I'm not sure if you missed it in my previous post/the Discord comms, but iirc TNT Fallie said the item will be tradeable

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    Hey, not aiming to detract from your other points - I'm not sure if you missed it in my previous post/the Discord comms, but iirc TNT Fallie said the item will be tradeable
    DW I know! Like I said in the post, they could keep the NCUC as a tradeable NC item while keeping OGUC tradeable as pets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    So is this how pet trading's gonna be for the next while? NC customs for names? I'll take it!
    This is awesome cause so many good VWN basics and cool compound names are made already. This annoys me though because it might encourage hoarding and mass name creation... so many more names could potentially rot. And theres no way to trade up to anything anymore as it stands, until the purge. Itll be weird for a bit thats for sure
    We're still not allowed to trade NC for pets AFAIK?

Unless this is what Parrot meant in which case I did miss it!

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    DW I know! Like I said in the post, they could keep the NCUC as a tradeable NC item while keeping OGUC tradeable as pets.

- - - Updated - - -

The token's gonna be tradeable right? From my understanding theyre converting the UC pet model from actual pets to more like skins. I was thinking like I'll trade you a faerie zafara skin for your vwn basic. though writing it out now thats probably still illegal lol my bad

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    What an ironic twist of fate ,

that these pets that we prized so much and so long for being unconverted,

will now be converted to match the new ones
    Did new management TNT miss the absolute chaos and uproar when they first forced converted pets that led to a mass exodus on the site? I don't understand the logic tbh if you still won't be able to dress NCUC pets since every species/color combo still has different poses. What's the point of that? Not being sarcastic, but seriously what is the benefit/draw for that? It's the last shred of nostalgia for the old players. Idk why TNT is messing with that and forcing something once again with the pets and I like how this wasn't mentioned early on when they had been announcing this change...they practically snuck it in the fine print at the end lol. They're just on a roll of devaluing everything on the site lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

- - - Updated - - -

Unless this is what Parrot meant in which case I did miss it!
    You're allowed to trade the tokens - so I think the intention is that the 'pet' is traded via the token rather than the pet itself

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Yeaa though its still up in the air as to whether the token will remain on the pet when its traded (??)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Did new management TNT miss the absolute chaos and uproar when they first forced converted pets that led to a mass exodus on the site? I don't understand the logic tbh if you still won't be able to dress NCUC pets since every species/color combo still has different poses. What's the point of that? Not being sarcastic, but seriously what is the benefit/draw for that? It's the last shred of nostalgia for the old players. Idk why TNT is messing with that and forcing something once again with the pets and I like how this wasn't mentioned early on when they had been announcing this change...they practically snuck it in the fine print at the end lol. They're just on a roll of devaluing everything on the site lol.
    Similarly though, there was a brief kind of re-interest when the first name "purge" happened and people could register a bunch of rw/rn pets again. I remember the craziness of PC boards where people would queue up names they knew were going to be purged and track them to try and create as soon as they were freed up, tracking "release" strings or whatever they were called down to the minute. Maybe they're trying to gear up to something like that again. Trying to re-entice players who left before due to frustrations not having pets with artwork they like, or not being able to create pets with names they like. First make UCs possible to get, then imply the possibility of getting nice names with another name purge, and maybe there thinking is people will log back in for that chance to finally have Blossom the UC faerie instead of AssBlaster9000 the blue kacheek.That's my guess but it's also massively flawed because I think a way bigger portion of returning users are the ones who are coming back from nostalgia (and not necessarily ones that ragequit over the unattainability of things), so having them nuke exactly that by redoing UCs is just going to alienate the same amount of people it excites, if not more.

I'm excited to have an UC, but I can also see how this sucks and is game breaking for a lot of people. I'm glad I never bothered with on-site trading.
    Last edited by Tapir; 01-18-2024 at 12:09 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapir For This Useful Post:

caviar (01-18-2024)