DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    In regards to a pet almost being traded earlier because of this, the user in the screenshot posted more info about it in the Neopets discord. They said the transfer was initiated by the other player, not them, and that they were able to deny the transfer request. They also said they sent a report over it to TNT as well.

Honestly, people try to make cheaters out to be bad guys, but most people that scorn us sure didn't miss to hop on the chance to potentially gain from this. That's why I'll never take criticisms they say about us serious lol.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Aero (11-21-2023),Cherubi (11-24-2023),DarkSkies (11-20-2023),Ice (11-23-2023),Sakuras (11-21-2023),Spoildlittleme (11-20-2023),Synth Salazzle (11-20-2023),TheArcher (11-21-2023),Trash Panda (11-20-2023),xCarRadio (11-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 18m
    So it ultimately seems that FOR SOME REASON cached pages of currently logged in users were being fetched at random and displayed to the wrong users and that the clock was always off in those loaded pages states. You could not actually interact with or manipulate the account you were “logged into” in any way and clicking to another page would send you back to your info or another random account.

1) I wonder if this somehow happened while trying to correct the clock from slipping again.

2) Love how the site came up and we have had 0 actual communication from TNT on the issue. I would give them a pass for shutting down the site for maintenance and relaunching hours later but at this point, someone should have taken time to address it. I don’t want a non-answer from Dom in an “AMA” next month. Not good enough. Explain it and what you’re doing to protect your user base.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

Buizel (11-20-2023),rio (11-21-2023),Sakuras (11-21-2023),♥ SomeClown ♥ (11-20-2023),Spoildlittleme (11-20-2023),Synth Salazzle (11-20-2023),Trash Panda (11-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    It is a weekend - seems to me there's probably a software engineer on-call who was able to fix it, possibly with the help of other engineers, but we won't hear from TNT (if at all) until they're all back on Monday since it's probably a different person's responsibility. TNT is pretty short-staffed so I dont see them having someone ready to jump on all weekend to deal with communicating to the userbase.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by samsepiol View Post
    So it ultimately seems that FOR SOME REASON cached pages of currently logged in users were being fetched at random and displayed to the wrong users and that the clock was always off in those loaded pages states. You could not actually interact with or manipulate the account you were “logged into” in any way and clicking to another page would send you back to your info or another random account.

1) I wonder if this somehow happened while trying to correct the clock from slipping again.

2) Love how the site came up and we have had 0 actual communication from TNT on the issue. I would give them a pass for shutting down the site for maintenance and relaunching hours later but at this point, someone should have taken time to address it. I don’t want a non-answer from Dom in an “AMA” next month. Not good enough. Explain it and what you’re doing to protect your user base.
    The fact that they didn’t address anything is so disappointing, like, the page was down for HOURS and they couldn’t even post some kind of explanation of what happened or anything to let us know that at least everything’s ok now?

Same old disappoinTNT

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Corliss View Post
    It is a weekend - seems to me there's probably a software engineer on-call who was able to fix it, possibly with the help of other engineers, but we won't hear from TNT (if at all) until they're all back on Monday since it's probably a different person's responsibility. TNT is pretty short-staffed so I dont see them having someone ready to jump on all weekend to deal with communicating to the userbase.
    It’s Monday though and there was a News update plus unscheduled social media posts about the downtime. They were just vague. Even if the staff is out this whole week prior to Thanksgiving in the US, there is 0 reason that Dom, if no one else, couldn’t be assed to address why everyone’s accounts were suddenly visible to any and everyone and potentially exposing sensitive data about our accounts. I’m not willing to give them benefit of the doubt on this. It’s not a silly glitch, it’s a potentially exploitable backdoor in the wrong hands.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

Buizel (11-20-2023),♥ SomeClown ♥ (11-20-2023),Trash Panda (11-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    shame there isn't some loud mouth making board over on reddit. Ya know, claiming they knew about this vulnerability. I'm beginning to think views held here, on a certain issue, may be at hand...
    ---
    Would have been cool to see random stuff for a minute lol
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    In regards to a pet almost being traded earlier because of this, the user in the screenshot posted more info about it in the Neopets discord. They said the transfer was initiated by the other player, not them, and that they were able to deny the transfer request. They also said they sent a report over it to TNT as well.

Honestly, people try to make cheaters out to be bad guys, but most people that scorn us sure didn't miss to hop on the chance to potentially gain from this. That's why I'll never take criticisms they say about us serious lol.
    For some reason they're afraid to admit they want to actually be here so they pretend to be superior.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    130 times
    Time Online
    138d 5h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Pigs will fly first before TNT is ever forthcoming about the issues on their site, regardless of the severity.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

Kohana (11-21-2023),Sakuras (11-21-2023),Synth Salazzle (11-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 18m
    We have a response from TNT, posted on Facebook.

FEAR NOT, NEOPIANS! An update from the Neopets Team:

We know yesterday’s technical difficulties were stressful for our community, and we’re here to provide you all with an update. Firstly, thank you to our incredible players for their patience, understanding, and for being so vigilant.

On Monday, 20th November at approximately 8:30AM PST, we were alerted to an issue on-site where users were finding themselves logged into incorrect accounts. The site was taken down shortly after for emergency maintenance to protect our players. We remained offline while our team conducted thorough investigations and fixes.

Unfortunately, this cache error occurred as we are in the midst of upgrading our infrastructure and service provider. We can confirm that while players may have appeared in other accounts, no changes were made to accounts. We understand that this was a major concern for our players but rest assured your account remains unchanged and as you left them.

Services are now operating normally and The Neopets Team is continuing to monitor the site closely. Our system migration will be complete by 22nd November 2023. If you are still experiencing any issues, please contact our Customer Support team by submitting a ticket here: (you need an account to see links)

We truly apologise for the inconvenience and concern this may have caused. Thank you to everyone who submitted reports, and for supporting us as we worked hard to bring Neopets.com back up and running!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

Buizel (11-21-2023),DarkSkies (11-21-2023),Guil (11-21-2023),Habanero (11-21-2023),Hollow (11-21-2023),Ice (11-23-2023),Sakuras (11-22-2023),Styx (11-22-2023),Synth Salazzle (11-21-2023),Trash Panda (11-21-2023),xCarRadio (11-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    If it really is an upgrade of infraestructure that would be amazing to see they're making an effort.

But tbh I find myself hard to believe after everything that has happened xD

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (11-21-2023)