Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the anime that everyone loves but you dislike?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I tried to get into Attack On Titan and from the beginning I thought I would absolutely love it from what I saw in the trailers, but after going through a few episodes, I was finding myself not paying a lot of attention as much as I would have liked. So I kind of gave up on it all. I may revisit it at some stage as it's probably one of those things that you need to get past the initial first few episodes to really start getting into, but idk man, I was just.... disappointed.

I'm not a real hardcore anime fan, never have been and probably never will be, but I do enjoy some of the more 'mainstream' shows. I mean, DBZ, Pokemon and the English adaptations got me through my younger years (even though they're not classed as 'proper' Anime in my eyes).

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    52d 16h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Okay hear me out, I absolutely ADORED Aggretsuko for the first 2 seasons. I bought merch, rewatched it a bunch, etc. The 'work-hell' theme jived with me so much while I was working at my last awful job. And who doesn't love Sanrio characters?
    HOWEVER, the most recent season absolutely killed it for me, but I feel fairly alone in this opinion? So many people still love the show, while very few are like wtf happened??

SPOILERS FOR S3 AHEAD:

I'm still gutted that my once favourite show is no longer watchable for me, but maybe even more gutted that the hype train (for some even stronger than before!?) continues on despite the S3 antics!

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowfighter View Post
    Very glad I’m not the only one who feels the way I feel about Attack on Titan.

One that I’ve seen a lot of people say is just the best “I cried my eyes out” anime would be Your Lie in April.
    I think it was good but just not the most emotional perfect anime other people seem to think it is. It was very predictable a good 10 minutes into episode 1 and I’ve definitely seen some anime that have made me sob. The main character’s inner monologue was SO repetitive.
    Don’t get me wrong the animation and music are both beautiful but it just didn’t reel me in.
    Ah Your Lie in April is an anime! I posted a song from it over in 'What are you listening to' Spotify rec'd it to me and I liked it; Clefairy told me she had her heart re-broke by it. I fully understand now, I thought it was just the song doing that.

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Everyone seems to like the Anime movie Princess Mononoke but I thought it was the most disturbing movie I'd ever seen, even had a nightmare after which is super rare for me.
    I love most Studio Ghibli but not that one ..

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    Everyone seems to like the Anime movie Princess Mononoke but I thought it was the most disturbing movie I'd ever seen, even had a nightmare after which is super rare for me.
    I love most Studio Ghibli but not that one ..
    When I was a child everyone LOVED to watch Dragonball Z. It was on 4pm in the afternoon and people was like really taping it if they had sport or something because it could not be missed. I had no idea why. I still dont like it.

Taping was what we did like years back.. its like recording now but on tapes to watch later - thought I need to clarify. Here in SOuth Africa some people are still on analog tv- its a struggle

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    When I was a child everyone LOVED to watch Dragonball Z. It was on 4pm in the afternoon and people was like really taping it if they had sport or something because it could not be missed. I had no idea why. I still dont like it.

Taping was what we did like years back.. its like recording now but on tapes to watch later - thought I need to clarify. Here in SOuth Africa some people are still on analog tv- its a struggle
    Hey, my other half was originally from Cape Town, South Africa! Where abouts are you? I'd love to visit but he keeps telling me it's really unsafe. Do you find that??

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    Hey, my other half was originally from Cape Town, South Africa! Where abouts are you? I'd love to visit but he keeps telling me it's really unsafe. Do you find that??
    Cape Town is one of the most dangerous cities in the world "allegedly" so I tend to agree. My aunt lives in the richer part of Cape Town and she keeps telling us we should move there but we are rather a bit poorer than her and yes where we will need to stay would definitely be unsafe. I live more to the middle of South Africa in the Freestate. It is much saver than towns like Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg but still you need to be very aware of what is going on around you. We live in a good area but even our house has been broken into 3 times in my life. If you live in South Africa and one of your direct exstende family have not been hijacked, robbed at gun point, or been physically assaulted you must be really lucky. The only thing I can say about South Africa is that we dont have mass gun murders where someone walks into a school and just shoot people - touch wood. Most crimes I think is due to the poverty and people see it as a means to get stuff

It is really pretty to visit. I would say your other half would need to come with you and as long as you stick to tourist places and read what you need to do it will be fine. Like dont walk alone or have valuables visible. Go to places like the V&A waterfront, stay in areas that are more for tourists don't go and stay in poorer areas. Let your other half help you with that.
    Last edited by phantasia; 07-05-2022 at 05:43 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

Cinderella (07-07-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Death Note. I tried to get into it, I really did try. But I just couldn't, despite it having a really great plot, I just didn't enjoy or care for it at the height of it's popularity when I was a teenager. I tried again after but idk it didn't call to me. I'd also say the same about One Piece too. I'm not even going to attempt to read the manga since it's still ongoing.
    WHAT!?

I've watched it like 5 times by now, IT'S SO PERFECTLY MADE

---

I'll have to agree with @(you need an account to see links), Fullmetal Alchemist never made the cut for me, even tho I tried watching a couple episodes, maybe 30 I really don't remember lol
    Also used to critique One Piece and now I'm one of the biggest fans, It's perfection

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

Menine (01-10-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    450 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Just thought about another one.
    Wonder Egg Priority. It started out really strong and gave me huge Starlight vibes so I was hooked, but after like 5-6 eps it totally lost its direction and became super lame super fast, and all of the themes I liked from the beginning were pretty much gone. And on top of that, the ending sucked really bad, and we had to wait some month just to get the real "last ep" that was half recap and half more BS that didn't mean anything (and I couldn't care less for their tease for a possible season 2)
    But for some reason people kept praising all of it as they did for the first eps which is.... just wrong imo

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapdos View Post
    Okay hear me out, I absolutely ADORED Aggretsuko for the first 2 seasons. I bought merch, rewatched it a bunch, etc. The 'work-hell' theme jived with me so much while I was working at my last awful job. And who doesn't love Sanrio characters?
    HOWEVER, the most recent season absolutely killed it for me, but I feel fairly alone in this opinion? So many people still love the show, while very few are like wtf happened??

SPOILERS FOR S3 AHEAD:

I'm still gutted that my once favourite show is no longer watchable for me, but maybe even more gutted that the hype train (for some even stronger than before!?) continues on despite the S3 antics!
    I feel the exact same way, honestly.

Neon Genesis Evangelion for me. I've had so many people tell me I should/would love it, and I just can't get into it. A friend told me to just stick it out, it starts to get really good as it goes further on, but it's so hard for me to slog through content that doesn't catch my interest even if there is a supposed payoff at the end.

Also, this is probably terrible of me, but I've seen that kid sister/dog hybrid image from FMA so many times and to an outsider just seeing a screencap, it doesn't look emotionally harrowing, it looks ridiculous, and it's killed any motivation I have to ever sit and watch the show.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (07-05-2022)