Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What would YOU like to see from the brand's new era?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    The random contest did make a comeback for a bit! But I wholeheartedly agree on the site spotlight!

True but 1) it’s gone again 2) I didn’t care about avatars much when it did 3) I got my old main unfrozen which has it and my current main doesn’t so now I’m mad
    Mostly selfish reasons but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. The Following User Says Thank You to greyduck For This Useful Post:

Sqork (09-19-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by greyduck View Post
    True but 1) it’s gone again 2) I didn’t care about avatars much when it did 3) I got my old main unfrozen which has it and my current main doesn’t so now I’m mad
    What!?!? Selfishness? In my Neo game???????

Bud those are all valid reasons to want it back no worries. I already have the avvie but I'd also like to see it back. It was a great way for me to get my creative side a little more active (aka not dead) for a bit

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post

Bud those are all valid reasons to want it back no worries. I already have the avvie but I'd also like to see it back. It was a great way for me to get my creative side a little more active (aka not dead) for a bit
    If they ever bring the Random Contest back, you'll know it's me lol I'll be the guy making sterling silver pendants of the pets lol
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SomeClown For This Useful Post:

Sqork (09-19-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    83d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Would rewriting the code be difficult or just expensive?
    Probably both, let’s be real. It will take time and they’d have to dedicate a developer (or small team of people, who knows) to do it. I think we all know their priorities on things like that aren’t there.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-19-2023),Sqork (09-19-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by greyduck View Post
    i did the same but just moved back to my old main. too much work to start a new acc and all the old avies ive got that are retired aint comin back to my new acc. lolol

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Three words: ACTUAL. CUSTOMER. SERVICE.

This is gonna be my rant here, but - what the FUCK are they doing? In essentially every other customer service situation I've been in, the reps will kiss my ass to make sure my issue is resolved. Even if it doesn't end up being fixed the way I was hoping (whether that was a warranty replacement, a return, a software issue, etc) the company will often take a (comparatively teeny tiny) loss - such as replacing a cheap-ish product for free, regardless of stated policy - in order to retain my business as a customer. And it totally works! I will absolutely keep returning to a company over and over because I know they're going to be chill and/or helpful. Clearly, it works for other people too, because it's still common in spite of the growing enshittification of business practices.

Neopets is essentially the opposite of a typical company customer service experience. They're (you need an account to see links). Every time I've ever spoken to any of their representatives, they've essentially spit in my face and booted me out the door, and I'm not even asking for hard stuff like "hey so I got that account frozen but want it back". Memorably, Tony P "yelled" at me for reporting the customisation bug a couple of years back, after support had specifically asked people to report instances of it happening. None of their reps know what's happening behind the scenes at the company, or with the user support situation in general. Their policies are absolutely batshit crazy - I'm looking at you, original email only policy - and they don't know what the actual rules of the game are half the time (don't even get me started on the vagueness of the rule situation on-site). Clearly, each of these reps is several different people (perhaps a revolving door of poor, exhausted employees) but the company won't acknowledge it, making their replies look more and more inane. I'm fed up with this shit! I've given Neopets some of my IRL money; they should be bowing and scraping to give me even the smallest crumb of a positive experience. I'd love to say "I can't believe they've gotten away with it this long" but obviously no one was going to hold them accountable, so there's no point. All I can hope for (and not believe in the slightest that we'll ever get) is a massive support overhaul with this new transition, to hopefully beat Neopets' customer support service into something even remotely resembling a traditional setup.

...anyway, uh, tl;dr support can kiss my ass

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Winona For This Useful Post:

Charizard (09-20-2023),Ice (09-19-2023),Nightingale (09-19-2023),Sakuras (09-21-2023),Sqork (09-19-2023),Synth Salazzle (09-19-2023)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Solid theme conversion and developers who understand the principle of responsive design. Keep the new chunky layout, or whatever, but the way that UI elements are presented can - and needs to - vary greatly across different form factors in order to present the best possible experience for players regardless of what device they're using to access the site.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Charizard (09-20-2023),Sakuras (09-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Winona View Post
    Three words: ACTUAL. CUSTOMER. SERVICE.

This is gonna be my rant here, but - what the FUCK are they doing? In essentially every other customer service situation I've been in, the reps will kiss my ass to make sure my issue is resolved. Even if it doesn't end up being fixed the way I was hoping (whether that was a warranty replacement, a return, a software issue, etc) the company will often take a (comparatively teeny tiny) loss - such as replacing a cheap-ish product for free, regardless of stated policy - in order to retain my business as a customer. And it totally works! I will absolutely keep returning to a company over and over because I know they're going to be chill and/or helpful. Clearly, it works for other people too, because it's still common in spite of the growing enshittification of business practices.

Neopets is essentially the opposite of a typical company customer service experience. They're (you need an account to see links). Every time I've ever spoken to any of their representatives, they've essentially spit in my face and booted me out the door, and I'm not even asking for hard stuff like "hey so I got that account frozen but want it back". Memorably, Tony P "yelled" at me for reporting the customisation bug a couple of years back, after support had specifically asked people to report instances of it happening. None of their reps know what's happening behind the scenes at the company, or with the user support situation in general. Their policies are absolutely batshit crazy - I'm looking at you, original email only policy - and they don't know what the actual rules of the game are half the time (don't even get me started on the vagueness of the rule situation on-site). Clearly, each of these reps is several different people (perhaps a revolving door of poor, exhausted employees) but the company won't acknowledge it, making their replies look more and more inane. I'm fed up with this shit! I've given Neopets some of my IRL money; they should be bowing and scraping to give me even the smallest crumb of a positive experience. I'd love to say "I can't believe they've gotten away with it this long" but obviously no one was going to hold them accountable, so there's no point. All I can hope for (and not believe in the slightest that we'll ever get) is a massive support overhaul with this new transition, to hopefully beat Neopets' customer support service into something even remotely resembling a traditional setup.

...anyway, uh, tl;dr support can kiss my ass
    say it louder for the people in the back!

completely agree with you friend..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sqork For This Useful Post:

Winona (09-19-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him, they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    4. And to touch on their "focuses" with regards to new initiatives and projects they're expanding on... I can't say it enough but stop with the shitty mobile tie-in games (Island Builders is at least you know a little bit more inspired but still embarrassingly juvenile, and the match threes need to go) and PLEASE just make a functioning app that lets you login to the site with your account and do the most basic little things?? Honestly I feel like a mobile app where you can do some dailies, maybe play some simple games, or even a completely new activity that can be done on that mobile app only (something like GC but obviously not as deep as a new custom game) and gives on-site benefits would have more value I feel than another fucking match three game. Idfc let me feed and groom my pet but I don't understand why we can't have a simple integrated app and instead need to deal with the horrid mobile version beast of the site.
    Imagine if the app let u post to the neoboards, or even just like... had a mobile-formatted chat equivalent that actually WORKED so u could talk to other users while on the bus. I never use the neoboards because I'm only on my laptop N amount of hours per day, but if I could actually access the site over mobile who knows? Maybe I'd actually get into RP or something.

The nightingale sings out of spite.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightingale For This Useful Post:

Charizard (09-20-2023),Ice (09-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqork View Post
    i did the same but just moved back to my old main. too much work to start a new acc and all the old avies ive got that are retired aint comin back to my new acc. lolol
    My old main was frozen for over a decade. My current account is overall better, but there’s some game avatars others got me I can’t get again and some plot avatars plus the random contest. I want those game avatars though. I keep trying to find someone I can pay to get them but everyone keeps ghosting me.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha I feel you on the creative side. I used to be a writer but Mental Health and I haven’t in years. Randomly decided to try for the neopian times avatars, and it’s really helped me get going again. I do hope they bring it back, some people were just so creative with the prompts lol it was so fun

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyduck For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-20-2023),Sqork (09-20-2023)