30/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeires View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I think YOU sir are the one that has been misinformed it is essentially you LENDING the game to your friend, thus if you go to your friends place to play a game you log in on their account and can play the game and avoid having to recover your own gamer tag. Yes you do lose the game on your account but it is transferred back to you whenever you and your friend decide. You don't have to pay for either transfer so nothing is lost in reality. Read the game licensing policy a little bit closer and you will see that. I am also not delusional I truly believe that with the protection of the producers now in place they will lower the prices, with that said if the reason the prices have been so high in the past isn't because of the ability to trade games and lend games and they are just using that as a scape goat it might not work that way in the end but giving them the benefit of the doubt for now I believe they will employ a similar system to Steam.
    Uh, no. You just lack reading comprehension. If you want to play YOUR games on a different xbox than your own, you need to log into YOUR account and download it to your friends console. They will not be able to access it without being constantly online and logged into your account. If you decide to give a game to your friend to keep and play on his or her own, it will be removed from your account / console and CANNOT be given back.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links) Yes you do lose the game on your account but it is transferred back to you whenever you and your friend decide.
    I'm not quite sure about how things will end up but the IGN article he posted does mention you can only give games once. So no lending, unfortunately.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) That is for Microsoft only games! The link you posted at the bottom clearly states that games by companies like Activision (Every COD), Ubisoft (Far Cry, Prince of Persia) All the games you actually had to go out and buy copies of don't fall under this, and i quote from your link "THIRD PARTY-PUBLISHED GAMES

Third party publishers, like Activision, Ubisoft and Square-Enix, however, may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this arrangement. Third party publishers also have the choice whether to allow you to give games to friends or not.[2]"

Those are the games that you will have the ability to share.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) That is for Microsoft only games! The link you posted at the bottom clearly states that games by companies like Activision (Every COD), Ubisoft (Far Cry, Prince of Persia) All the games you actually had to go out and buy copies of don't fall under this, and i quote from your link "THIRD PARTY-PUBLISHED GAMES

Third party publishers, like Activision, Ubisoft and Square-Enix, however, may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this arrangement. Third party publishers also have the choice whether to allow you to give games to friends or not.[2]"

Those are the games that you will have the ability to share.
    They MAY allow you to do that. Why would they do that? They'd be making less money if they did.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) because they aren't morons and know that having more people pay 40-50$ for a game with options of lending to friends without the option of resale (you still can't sell it to a store) will make them more money than the small amount of people still willing to shell out 60$ for a game. These companies were not created yesterday it's simple economics, they would make such a drastic change without some sort of plan.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    16d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I have yet to upgrade to a PS3 lol

And I've never owned an xbox or xbox 360...

so we shall see. I might actually buy a PS4 to play KH3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestix View Post
    I have yet to upgrade to a PS3 lol

And I've never owned an xbox or xbox 360...

so we shall see. I might actually buy a PS4 to play KH3
    ^You and I are the same in every regard, haha.
    I went to my friend's house to play Metal Gear Solid 4/Devil May Cry 4, and that was it. The other games I wanted to play I was able to play on my PC. Never bought an XBox, either.

Totally stoked for KH3, the graphics in that trailer looked amazing. I still remember how KH1 Sora's face was rendered differently in certain scenes because the graphics engines likely weren't powerful enough back then. Amazing how much consoles have advanced since.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    16d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pestix For This Useful Post:

Kad (06-13-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Always online? Big woop, I ALWAYS have internet. Unless you live in middle-of-nowhere america (they do have internet there as well...), then it doesn't affect you.
    The camera CAN be turned off. It has been stated multiple times that there are options to turn it off.
    Not being able to buy/sell, rent, whatever. BIG WOOP. I don't do any of that anyways.
    And paying money for the extra benefits such as netflix is really not a big deal. If you don't pay for gold, you can't play online anyways. Not to mention that everybody hated paying for xbox gold, but the second that you have to pay for online PS4, it's alright...

Lots of people have a boner for PS4 right now, but theres no doubt the xbox one will sell just as well. Pretty sure the first round of pre-orders actually sold out...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    (you need an account to see links)

"An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games"
    "Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to grrrawr For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (06-19-2013)