Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Let's Talk - PC "Safe"

What does a pet being PC Safe mean??

I apologize if this is beating a dead horse but this was brought to my attention recently. This is a question as old as time, or well, at least as old as our lovely ol' PC hermits who will call someone out on a whim. But the point of this board is solely to discuss (civilly hopefully ) about what is safe or unsafe. Feel free to post thoughts, cares, concerns, SoundCloud links, or just whatever your heart desires

MY OPINION
    Again, this can be wrong. This is just my two cents

When buying a UC/BD/RN/RW from cK, there is no such thing as being truly safe. Controversial I know right??
    In my heart (the place where Neo belongs right? Square center in the childhood part of your heart), there are only 2 groups of pets - PC Known and PC Unknown

PC Known - This means that the Pound Chat has indeed seen your pet before, whether it be from a personal account from someone here on cK, or the seller has been posting on said account so that it can be recognized, as opposed to just appearing on a whim

PC Unknown - This means that the PC has never seen your pet before, aka before it appeared on your account, it basically didn't exist; solely in the vacuum of the far too many unloved accounts. But you brought that pet out of the blue and it now sits on your account. Pretty straightforward naming right?

So what does this mean?
    First off; Don't go freaking out and dropping off the face of the Earth. Neo isn't that scary. You will be just fine.
    But when it comes to buying pets, it all depends on the profile of your account
    - Are you public and do you chitchat a lot? Do people recognize your name on the boards? If that is the case, getting a PC Known pet may be the best for you.
    - Do you keep a low profile and play for your enjoyment alone and only have cK friends?? Then a PC unknown pet is definitely the kind for you.

Regardless of the status of the pet you buy, be smart and you will be fine and decrease your chances of being frozen. But that risk never completely goes away when you buy a pet. Which is why I stand behind what I say when I think that PC Safe is a bogus term

Long story short, I just want to hear all your thoughts on the matter

Edit: This isn't an "I'm angry and I hate you all and your system rant I promise Just trying to see where the community all stands as I haven't been the most active as of lately
    Last edited by Andymac106; 04-30-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    (you need an account to see links)
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Andymac106 For This Useful Post:

Bettser (04-30-2018),Bill (04-30-2018),Brie (04-30-2018),♥ cass ♥ (10-01-2022),Corliss (04-30-2018),Forever (04-30-2018),genesis (05-01-2018),Gotch (04-30-2018),Guil (04-30-2018),Herb (05-01-2018),Justin. (05-02-2018),Ked (04-30-2018),Nath (04-30-2018),Sakuras (05-02-2018),Sharkie (05-04-2018),Styx (10-16-2018),Synth Salazzle (05-01-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    38d 13h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I don't think that's controversial. From what I've seen that's what most people here think. I mean obviously you're never 100% safe when you buy a pet, god knows what could happen... the seller could rat you out, his friends could rat you out, folks who bought other pets from them could rat you out etc.

But it is A LOT safer to buy a pet that is pc known as you say so I don't really think it makes a huge difference what you call it as long as you're aware that you still always have to be careful and run the risk of being frozen for cheating.

So yeah basically I agree with you and I guess the term could be misleading... but I have no problem when people use it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Anymore I don't think it matters as much as it used to. It's possible to bring an unknown/previously inactive UC on an account that chats frequently on the PC (unless it's a particularly rare UC pdrk or something) if you're patient. The PC doesn't really care as much anymore and a lot of the hyper report happies aren't around anymore or don't care because trading is so slow and it's rare new UCs come up for trade.

I also don't agree that it's a controversial term. I think anyone that buys pets should already accept that nothing is actually "safe". But if you're someone that wants to buy a pet for trading fodder that you'd advertise on the PC, it'll be easier if you can buy a pet that is actually pc known to begin with.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactolotl For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (04-30-2018),Herb (05-01-2018),Synth Salazzle (05-01-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    SoundCloud links
    LOVE YOU.

Also, I agree with this. I think "PC Safe" should be banished forever. LOL. PC Known / Unknown is the best way to define pets for sale / trade here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (04-30-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 37m
    I've been telling people that I sell pets to for the longest time, nowadays PC safe is an outdated term.

PC safe = PC known. Recently traded or there's a good chance it will be recognised by PCers.

Personally, if I were buying a pet, which I'm not...I'd prefer it NOT to be "PC safe". Easier to come up with some bullshit back story for an unknown pet than one that was being traded around yesterday and appears on your account without an obvious trade (in my humble and potentially wrong opinion).

Whether PC known or not though, it's all about common sense. Don't rock up on the PC on a Friday night looking sick with your brand new 5L high tier UC, you'll get busted in no time at all. Be sensible, match the pets to the quality of your account and have a back story that the old owner/seller can back you up on...and be prepared for the unexpected, sometimes things just go wrong and a good seller will help to resolve any issues as far as they can.

EDIT: Just read again and I pretty much echoed what you said Andy, sorry @(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Nath; 04-30-2018 at 04:25 PM.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (04-30-2018),Bill (04-30-2018),Gotch (04-30-2018),Greco951 (04-30-2018),Sakuras (05-02-2018)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    101d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Thats why I don't buy UCs.

I mean, my personal account can /kinda/ handle some mid-tier UCs without problem, I'm not active on forums as I used to be and I already own one UC, sooooo... I don't think thats a problem. I just can't trust my entire personal account for a single pet. It doesn't make sense for me. Buying UC pets nowdays is just.... hard af. But thats just what I think. I hope to find someone in the future that can guarantee that my account will be safe so I can get the only UC I dream to own since I've started

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    I've been telling people that I sell pets to for the longest time, nowadays PC safe is an outdated term.

PC safe = PC known. Recently traded or there's a good chance it will be recognised by PCers.

Personally, if I were buying a pet, which I'm not...I'd prefer it NOT to be "PC safe". Easier to come up with some bullshit back story for an unknown pet than one that was being traded around yesterday and appears on your account without an obvious trade (in my humble and potentially wrong opinion).

Whether PC known or not though, it's all about common sense. Don't rock up on the PC on a Friday night looking sick with your brand new 5L high tier UC, you'll get busted in no time at all. Be sensible, match the pets to the quality of your account and have a back story that the old owner/seller can back you up on...and be prepared for the unexpected, sometimes things just go wrong and a good seller will help to resolve any issues as far as they can.

EDIT: Just read again and I pretty much echoed what you said Andy, sorry @(you need an account to see links)
    I'm all for seeing what I said repeated in a different voice, makes me feel like I know what's going on
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andymac106 For This Useful Post:

Corliss (04-30-2018),Nath (05-01-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I agree that it's more PC known/unknown than PC-safe, and also that you definitely don't always want a pc known pet.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (04-30-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    i agree! i'm not a big fan of saying a pet (or most stuff for sale) is "safe", because thats really debatable. i had a friend on the pc who used to keep tabs on high tier ucs as they were traded around, its really not something hard to do and most pcers will be ready to stab your back anyway a tad of common sense and some digging around goes a long way for anyone buying pets that wants to be safe

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    34d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Definition of safe -
    protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.

I think almost everyone can agree that PC known is a better term - PC safe implies you have nothing to worry about.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bridge For This Useful Post:

Corliss (05-02-2018),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (05-01-2018)