1/0
    Mentioned
    90 times
    Time Online
    6d 8h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    i feel this. even with a mechanical keyboard which actually helps vs the membrane on the support games you get meh real quick. i dont remember how i used to do it when i was younger. actually sit there for 60 games + and play. thankful for J03 and Bats SS !
    Oh man this hurt to do lol. I remember people talking about just committing to marathon playing for a day and how they had their energy drinks and snacks ready to just nonstop play so they could get to All Star and then be done with it. I can't imagine having that discipline lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (06-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 3h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I did it fully legit last year and while I had fun (some of the time), it was a mind-numbing experience and basically just made a month's worth of free time vanish.
    I'm glad TNT decided to scale everything down this year, Altador Cup shouldn't be like a third job.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    am i the only person that honestly doesn't give a hoot about the ac? i haven't participated before and missed the forum team sign ups (still very much a newbie), but i just played some games just to have a go, and my wrist already hurts after 2 games of slushie slingers and 1 game of make some noise! i have no idea how people have the energy to slog out hundreds of games a week to rank up and earn good prizes!!! i'm already over it, idk if i'll even play enough to get to rank 1 for the avatars. idk what i thought the ac would be, but i value my wrist health and don't want RSI!
    you can call me pix

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I usually just skip it too, but this year I ended up getting fomo </3 I don't know if I would participate if I didn't have the sender though

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by pppp3 View Post
    am i the only person that honestly doesn't give a hoot about the ac? i haven't participated before and missed the forum team sign ups (still very much a newbie), but i just played some games just to have a go, and my wrist already hurts after 2 games of slushie slingers and 1 game of make some noise! i have no idea how people have the energy to slog out hundreds of games a week to rank up and earn good prizes!!! i'm already over it, idk if i'll even play enough to get to rank 1 for the avatars. idk what i thought the ac would be, but i value my wrist health and don't want RSI!
    For me, it's fun to play maybe like 3 YYB matches per day but that's it, the games feel very dated and clunky to play, not like they used to back then. I let the AC score sender do the rest.
    However I do enjoy the culture around AC, the team choosing, seeing people be passionate about their fav team and reading the reasons why they root for them, losing every game on every round as a loyal Faerieland supporter, the hype for the rewards

there i was, with my butterfly net
    trying to catch your light

(you need an account to see links)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Seohyun For This Useful Post:

fictitious (06-10-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    I skipped it last year out of fear that we wouldn't crack the captchas and that I'd end up having to play manually. That was a stupid mistake.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-08-2023),Cinnamoroll (06-08-2023),Zenitsu (06-08-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I skipped it last year out of fear that we wouldn't crack the captchas and that I'd end up having to play manually. That was a stupid mistake.
    truly! i haven't used the score sender yet but only a few games manually and i'm OVER IT. i can't believe people spend hours a day manually playing i'd honestly rather eat rocks
    you can call me pix

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pppp3 For This Useful Post:

kalez (06-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah this is my first time using the SS and now I think I'll be participating more often LOL

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Quote Originally Posted by pppp3 View Post
    truly! i haven't used the score sender yet but only a few games manually and i'm OVER IT. i can't believe people spend hours a day manually playing i'd honestly rather eat rocks
    I'm less bothered about how people spend their time than I am with them acting like they're superior for it. I'm happy that you can find enjoyment in playing tedious children's games for a sizable portion of your day, but I have better things to do with my time. The Altador Cup brings out the absolute worst in people.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-08-2023),kalez (06-08-2023),♥ pppp3 ♥ (06-08-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm less bothered about how people spend their time than I am with them acting like they're superior for it. I'm happy that you can find enjoyment in playing tedious children's games for a sizable portion of your day, but I have better things to do with my time. The Altador Cup brings out the absolute worst in people.
    I'm not gonna pretend I played more than 10 games of slushie slinger legit before I switched to automated and ended up maxing every day so far.
    The program is awesome and has completely freed up my time and life and I'm certain I'll get all star now

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata