DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    353d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Coming from an African American background, it's a running joke in our community how late we can be to events haha

The phrase "I'm down the street" pretty much means "I haven't left the house yet".

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-27-2023),nousha (05-27-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    413 times
    Time Online
    84d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I guess it depends.

For me if it's a party or a hang out with friends I'm afraid I tend to be a bit late haha (sorry to be that person )

If it's something important or formal then it's different, I'll prepare with anticipation.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

kittyray (05-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    157d 5h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 21m
    Quote Originally Posted by foxe View Post
    surprisingly Australia seems to be a pretty punctual country. Especially in the morning culture cities like Brissy where everyone’s up early and everything closes at like 6.

Or maybe it’s because everything takes so long to get to. Who’s to say

keen to hear if anyone’s had a different experience in other parts? Not something I’ve really thought about (I am the annoying late person)
    Completely agree with this, I'm always late, but I grew up in Brissy and everyone is always super punctual.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Maybe a bit, I am always early. But I do have friends that are always late. Kind of used to it xD but also when it comes to the dentist and hospitals and banks and such when you have a time. Doesn't matter, they always late lol

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    88d 7h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Polorin View Post
    yeah, people are always late here, even for medical appointments. some months ago, i went to a doctor who would typically see the patient at least five hours later. i eventually gave up on her.

i don't like that either, but with time, you get used to it. unfortunately, you might find yourself being late too, just so you won't have to wait for too long doing nothing. hahah

if you're looking for tips to deal with this when meeting with a small group of people, i have a few of my own, haha. firstly, try to arrange the meeting about half an hour earlier than you actually want it to start. alternatively, you can pretend to already be at the meeting place without actually arriving there, hahaha. if they care about you, they'll feel the pressure to arrive earlier than they normally would. xD yea, i did it multiple times.

however, as other people have mentioned, i think punctuality might vary depending on the country and the size of it. for example, i can't speak for the entire country because i'm pretty sure there are some places here where people are more punctual...
    I really appreciate each persons response. I think it is a bit of a power play as some of you have stated. Its just HOrrible that students can power play over the lecturer but in the course I am doing many of the people doing the course is in high positions. It makes things difficult and actually explains why our country is in the state that it is in.

I think I am going to need those tips. Thank you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

Polorin (05-27-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    41d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    For Singapore it doesn't really happen during school / work / public services since there is always a penalty. Sch - punishment, which multiple strike probably leads to expel, work would be kinda similar with pay cut at first till kick out.

But if you put in a service sector point of view then yes there is always those few % of the population that is always late / loose screw in the head / etc haha.

Then the final part where its between friends u will have those that arrive early, in the middle and the late ones . example would be will tell u he/she is on the way but has just step out from the bathroom at home

Like polorin mention, is always best to shift the meeting /meetup /gathering 1-2 hours ahead xD

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

phantasia (05-27-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    For Singapore it doesn't really happen during school / work / public services since there is always a penalty. Sch - punishment, which multiple strike probably leads to expel, work would be kinda similar with pay cut at first till kick out.

But if you put in a service sector point of view then yes there is always those few % of the population that is always late / loose screw in the head / etc haha.

Then the final part where its between friends u will have those that arrive early, in the middle and the late ones . example would be will tell u he/she is on the way but has just step out from the bathroom at home

Like polorin mention, is always best to shift the meeting /meetup /gathering 1-2 hours ahead xD
    Oh heyyyyyyyyyy fellow Singaporean!!

I would agree with this. It really depends on the person!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    64d 8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    It really depends - both on people and on what the occasion.

I am a person who always comes on time, especially on important stuff, but lately I have started to think more about what it is that I'm going to and if I should be late or not. Like, I was deliberately late to our 10th anniversary high school graduating meetup and I was right to do so, but I was still not late enough imo because I was still among like, the first 10 to arrive lol.

Army service is mandatory here, and during basic training and such they really drill the no-late mindset into you, but it doesn't really hold up if you are in a more casual unit etc, or if you are a person who just doesn't care and get late anyway - which are, to answer the main question, quite a lot of people like that here.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    702 times
    Time Online
    156d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I can second what @(you need an account to see links) said. Typically culturally we are on time. However in working in a area where I have scheduled patients I have noticed some people being later or.not showing at all. I don't mind 5 min late cause I know parking can be a pin. However if people are 20-30 min late I tell them they have missed their slot and to reschedule. I can't have their lateness impacting the care of others. Most people get it. However I do get the odd person who gets quite upset.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (05-27-2023),phantasia (05-27-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 19h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    My family was ALWAYS late to EVERYTHING it was our family motto. Our password on the family computer was "always late"; my brother set that up. I was always the last kid to be picked up from school activities. I overheard the camp leaders talking that the only parents that they do not like are mine. It messed me up as a kid to where I was extremely punctual in my early adulthood. I had so much anxiety over it. Now I am on time to important stuff but I don't care about the "on time is late" stuff. Miss me with that. So yeah, I guess in the states if there are important things, just be there at the times you are supposed to. lol. If it's a party it doesn't matter much to be a little "fashionably" late.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

phantasia (05-27-2023)