Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Thank you all for the info! As I was reading this post, I thought about what would happen to poopalicious count if we were to restart, but then I don't think I will let that happen after knowing that certain final evolutions may be blocked if we neglect them for too long. Good to know there is some unlocking of userbars from evolution! Do we unlock a new background every time a Ryu evolves?

What is the shortest amount of time it takes for a Ryu to evolve? For instance, small fish to medium sized fish takes 3 weeks? and medium to big fish takes 5 weeks? Any way to fast track the process?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    406 times
    Time Online
    121d 18h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerbeans View Post
    Thank you all for the info! As I was reading this post, I thought about what would happen to poopalicious count if we were to restart, but then I don't think I will let that happen after knowing that certain final evolutions may be blocked if we neglect them for too long. Good to know there is some unlocking of userbars from evolution! Do we unlock a new background every time a Ryu evolves?

What is the shortest amount of time it takes for a Ryu to evolve? For instance, small fish to medium sized fish takes 3 weeks? and medium to big fish takes 5 weeks? Any way to fast track the process?
    I don't think there is a way to fast track evo's, a little bit of patience is needed for them to grow and grow up. in general it's about 30 days between each evolution (be it branch hop or evolution within the branch)
    Though i'm not completely sure i think poopalicious would not be impacted if you neglected your own ryu because it's related to the amount of times you scooped poop in general.

you can even unlock that one without ever having your ryu bar active and just by scooping for other ryus i'd say

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

flowerbeans (06-02-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    Full hearts are different than the full stars as seen underneath your ryu on your (you need an account to see links) page. When people stop by and baby sit your ryu, the hearts will fill up. If you desperately wanted to branch hop via death of ryu method, you'd turn off babysitting and then wait 4 or so days until it gets a grave and a halo overhead. However that is not recommended at all as deaths will limit your ability to evolve up future ryu branches, such that you might never be able to reach a dragon or cerebus for example. Ryus are meant to live and thrive and be happy! I would 100/10 recommend trying to trade before that. Your stars for you ryu also are determined by your care of others' ryus, so even if you don't care for yours but you do for others you still might reach 5 stars.

Ryu's evolve every 3-4 weeks. They take time to grow up.

Does this help?
    So what I'm saying is.. I had babysitting turned off and my Ryu's hearts aren't going down and it isn't pooping anymore??

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    669 times
    Time Online
    210d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 31m
    Quote Originally Posted by missgyp View Post
    So what I'm saying is.. I had babysitting turned off and my Ryu's hearts aren't going down and it isn't pooping anymore??
    When I first saw your ryu yesterday babysitting was still on but it looks like it’s off now.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    so if you go to the page where you put up your userbars you'll see 5 stars which signify the luck/happiness level of your little ryu.
    if they are all filled in (black) that means you're at max luck and you won't jump branches but rather evolve within the branch.
    I think every evolution/branch hop that occurs will reset that back to 2.5 stars that are filled (not entirely sure about this one).

Basically keep it around half filled if you want to force a branch hop, keep it topped up at all times and especially around the time your next egg will come if you want to stay within the branch.
    Hey so I just wanted to update everyone since it isn't explicitly said anywhere - My Ryu is frozen now because this is apparently considered cheating. So in the future I wouldn't advise anyone do this. I wish I knew.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    406 times
    Time Online
    121d 18h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Quote Originally Posted by missgyp View Post
    Hey so I just wanted to update everyone since it isn't explicitly said anywhere - My Ryu is frozen now because this is apparently considered cheating. So in the future I wouldn't advise anyone do this. I wish I knew.
    what do you mean with frozen and why do you think this is considered cheating?
    A bit more context could be helpful here as to not give people the wrong idea.

i don't believe this should lead to any problems for the ryu honestly as the hearts can be kept up by others so it will stay healthy only you will be caring less for it. i know this has been something that happened to me before when i just did not have much time to be on the forum at that time and side hopped instead of evolve because of it. my hearts were kept up as the community took care of Ruygi more than i did which led to lower stars.

As been mentioned before hearts and stars are not the same so be careful of that.
    Hearts signify the life fore of your ryu
    Stars signify "luck" and can be raised by taking care of your own OR other ryus

- - - Updated - - -

So you want to keep up the hearts so your ryu will stay alive while not taking care of it yourself too much so your luck aka stars remain low(er)

I potentially think that is what you mean by "frozen", it died because you nor anyone else took care of it?

If that is what it is honestly that's then related to not actually applying what i was explaining.
    Clearly in that case my explanation was not clear enough and for that i'm sorry but what i recommended can still be considered "true" and will not lead to a "frozen" ryu

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    what do you mean with frozen and why do you think this is considered cheating?
    A bit more context could be helpful here as to not give people the wrong idea.

i don't believe this should lead to any problems for the ryu honestly as the hearts can be kept up by others so it will stay healthy only you will be caring less for it. i know this has been something that happened to me before when i just did not have much time to be on the forum at that time and side hopped instead of evolve because of it. my hearts were kept up as the community took care of Ruygi more than i did which led to lower stars.

As been mentioned before hearts and stars are not the same so be careful of that.
    Hearts signify the life fore of your ryu
    Stars signify "luck" and can be raised by taking care of your own OR other ryus

- - - Updated - - -

So you want to keep up the hearts so your ryu will stay alive while not taking care of it yourself too much so your luck aka stars remain low(er)

I potentially think that is what you mean by "frozen", it died because you nor anyone else took care of it?

If that is what it is honestly that's then related to not actually applying what i was explaining.
    Clearly in that case my explanation was not clear enough and for that i'm sorry but what i recommended can still be considered "true" and will not lead to a "frozen" ryu
    So I messaged Bat when I found my Ryu to be stuck and they told me that because I was "attempting to manipulate" my Ryu to get to a different branch, my Ryu was flagged/frozen. They explained that attempting to purposefully force any kind of a branch jump is indeed considered cheating. So to clarify, yes it is against the rules and yes my Ryu did get frozen - I would not advise folks do this in the future. From the horse's mouth.

Quotes from my conversation with Bat:
    you were flagged for deliberately neglecting your Ryugotchi in order to re-roll its evolution. That flag prevents your in-game clock from ticking, so your Ryugotchi is stuck in place. This is a countermeasure designed to prevent people from cheating in order to unlock things. Our hope is that users would wait patiently and let the game progress as intended.
    We don't openly discuss the measures we've taken to deter cheating, but it feels like "don't cheat" would be implied when it comes to unlocking stuff in a game that intends for you earn things at a specific pace
    I did tell them I didn't see this rule anywhere nor was I aware that this was considered cheating.. Doesn't seem to matter. So yes, I would definitely say don't advise anyone do anything extraordinary to attempt to get their Ryu to evolve or branch jump in the future or you could end up in the same situation I have.
    Last edited by missgyp; 06-01-2022 at 02:48 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missgyp For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-01-2022),Mario2302 (06-01-2022)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    What a curiously misleading way to paraphrase my messages. I don't remember saying anything about "attempting to manipulate", but let's check the recap.

More specifically, I explained that deliberately neglecting your Ryugotchi is regarded as cheating. That's the crux of the issue. You can't just kill off a Ryugotchi you don't like in order to re-roll. As I said before, it felt like this was implied, and that's why there isn't a written rule about it. You later went on to tell me that people encouraged you to neglect your Ryugotchi, but I don't see any evidence of that. Only people warning you that you could lose your Ryugotchi if you kill it.

You replied saying that you couldn't find a rule regarding neglecting your Ryugotchi, and so I elaborated that there isn't one in an official capacity. I tried to wave off the situation, but then I got this.

Doubling down about codifying rules is a strange choice for saving face when you were given an out. You're literally the first person on the entire site to openly flaunt that you're abusing your Ryugotchi on purpose. I've never had to have this conversation with anybody before. Sorry for assuming that you could conduct yourself in good faith without having to be told to. I'll make sure to write something down next time so that there's no confusion. I don't appreciate what you did with my replies though. Seems like you were trying to stir up drama by cutting them together like that.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-02-2022),Buizel (06-02-2022),Cat Purrson (06-02-2022),Charmander (06-02-2022),Cinnamoroll (06-02-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (06-02-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links) You're taking this way out of context. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but you had "I am abusing it to make it evolve" in your signature. I think your wording here is what got your Ryu frozen.

Do you think TNT would let you get away with putting something like that about your Neopets on your userlookup? Why not just disable babysitting without the need to use vulgar language in your signature, and just call it a day there? Geez.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Bat (06-02-2022),Buizel (06-02-2022),Cat Purrson (06-02-2022),Cinnamoroll (06-02-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (06-02-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) You're taking this way out of context. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but you had "I am abusing it to make it evolve" in your signature. I think your wording here is what got your Ryu frozen.

Do you think TNT would let you get away with putting something like that about your Neopets on your userlookup? Why not just disable babysitting without the need to use vulgar language in your signature, and just call it a day there? Geez.
    First of all, from my conversation with Bat, the signature wasn't mentioned. I had no idea that had anything to do with it. It was explained to me that my activity and intentionally trying to force a branch jump was what got my Ryu frozen.

Secondly, the signature was lighthearted and was intended to be a joke. I genuinely didn't think it was considered "vulgar." I've joked with people all the time about neglecting my neopets or taking them to cockroach towers.. I suppose I didn't see that as being any different.

Honestly, truly, genuinely - Had I known this would be taken so seriously (or if someone had told me that outright,) I obviously wouldn't have done it. Why would I want to piss off multiple mods and get people upset with me?
    A simple tap on the shoulder and "Hey this isn't ok," would've really been appriciated. I feel like I've been left here to "figure out," what happened and I don't read between the lines well and I really don't do well with things going unspoken an being expected to be understood.

As for babysitting: I figured out I was able to turn babysitting off later but I didn't know at first whether or not the feature disalowed others from participating or if it did something else (like let other users know that I was away?)

Message recieved. This is clearly taken much more seriously than I had realized - And as I apologized to bat multiple times, I'll apologize again.

I hope someone realizes that I had zero intentions of upsetting anyone and was just trying to enjoy myself and participate in something here on clraik. So, a final time, again, I'm sorry for upsetting anyone. It was not my intention.
    All I wanted to do was to play with a Ryu and have fun with the community. Guess I failed miserably at that - I'll see myself out.

Page 103 of 179 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast