Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else from the pre-2017 cK era?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Welcome back! I wish I had been part of this community back then, but I was involved with Codex at the time instead.
    I came back recently too. I was interested to see what's going to happen when UCs are re-released in some form.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I've been around for a long time, but mainly only lurked. Except for a brief stint a few years ago, and became fully active at the beginning of this year.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    21d 12h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Mood, it was always fun to lurk. I do see your name pop up frequently wherever I browse, so you're definitely here and present now, and thank you for the warm welcome back!
    Yeah, I hope to be involved in BC / AG again at some point... but I suspect, as is the case with all of us, that free time looks very different now compared to 10 years ago If there are still artists bumping around on cK, though, I might try and host an art secret santa. We'll see!

Even 2019 feels so long ago now lol! How time flies. Thank you, and see you around!

Great to see long-time members still kicking around. I feel like we might have interacted a long, long time ago!

Thanks, and welcome to you too! I like your profile photo - who is the character?

Haha, I can edit you into the original post if you like
    You know what, I actually remember one of your old threads, discussing a paper you had to write for an assignment! I think you even repped me for one of my responses LOL. Great to see you're still active!

There is never a better feeling than getting the first UB Okuri, Okuri, I'm trying to wrack my brains...! But YES, now that you mention Sci, I remember her too!
    Do you still draw these days?

Nice name! Totally understand the concern about being identified tbh
    Thank you, it's one of my submissions for an art thread a very long time ago! Everyone else who participated in that thread also shared theirs; we all had so much fun. I rarely have time to draw anymore, but I have definitely improved a lot since back then. What about yourself, do you still make any art?

QBERT!!!!!!!! So good to see you I'm very excited at the number of returners after Neopets changed hands. Good luck with the grind, and you can always count on my vote!

Wow, those acronyms bring back memories. I was never part of those forums, but that suddenly made me remember NeoCodex and how they used to tightly regulate USD-NP exchange rates lol.
    And thank you!

Hey, I was on Codex too! Same name, but wasn't too active after I swapped to cK. Are you... literally Badger from Codex?!
    I'm anticipating the UC re-release too; so many childhood dreams are about to come true

Lurkers unite. I think I mostly lurked for the first year or two I was here lol. In that case, retroactive welcome to you as well!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (10-05-2023),I_royalty_I (10-05-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Hey, I was on Codex too! Same name, but wasn't too active after I swapped to cK. Are you... literally Badger from Codex?!
    I'm anticipating the UC re-release too; so many childhood dreams are about to come true
    You know what, I don't actually remember my Codex username! How daft is that?
    I had an animated cat as an avatar.
    There was an admin with a literal dancing badger as their avatar though, named Waser Lave. Are you thinking of them?

I wasn't a super active member, but I did do some beta testing for their auto-buyer for a while.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    21d 12h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    You know what, I don't actually remember my Codex username! How daft is that?
    I had an animated cat as an avatar.
    There was an admin with a literal dancing badger as their avatar though, named Waser Lave. Are you thinking of them?

I wasn't a super active member, but I did do some beta testing for their auto-buyer for a while.
    It was such a long time ago - not surprised in the least! And whoops, you're right, I was thinking of Waser haha.
    Oh, the good old days of the Codex ABer

P.S. Loving your profile picture! I discovered Aggretsuko a couple of years after starting at my first job and it was such a cathartic outlet for work angst lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

Badger (10-05-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    7d 8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    @(you need an account to see links) Honestly, I'm not too sure. I think it's original XD I found it while browsing twitter.
    Is there anything about the new management of Neopets you're looking forward to?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    @(you need an account to see links) Yes! I used to be very active around 2016 Yes Sci! I hope they are doing well, it was always lovely to see them around the forums. I'd remember @(you need an account to see links) too! I think they did the art bootcamp challenge? (or were apart of it, I don't remember it was so long ago lmao). I do still draw though!

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links) thanks for making me feel apart of this convo. I do aprpeciate the response for real. for real tho free time is like 20-30 mins at most ! life has seemed to have sped up way too much

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 18h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Welcome back! I remember all those names, I used to only lurk back then mostly though so I was easily lost in the shuffle.

J_L_K_64 rules you.

(you need an account to see links) - My YouTube Channel

(you need an account to see links) - My Twitch channel - Sunday thru Friday 9:30PM EST - 1:30AM EST

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    21d 12h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I see lol, I might reverse image search it and give the artist a follow; they're very good!
    Just hoping the new management can make some hard decisions about how best to keep the franchise alive and dignified for as long as possible... some friends told me about what Neopets was like in the darkest months of JumpStart, and they made it sound like the site was in its dying throes

Yes! Aura must be Jass; it seems she changed her name. I think I used to shitpost with her on Skype, or maybe it was somebody else... wish I still had access to that Skype account. Ditto, hope everyone from back then is doing well!
    Good to hear you're still on the art grind!

No Prob Bob, I'm guessing anyone who stays this long, stays for the community after all But man, imagine what we could all achieve with a bit more free time.

Hey, thanks! Hahaha it seems we all preferred lurking way back when. See you around!