Thread: Whyyyyy is my laptop so laggy?!!!

Hybrid View

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 40m
    Quote Originally Posted by xCarRadio View Post
    Ah! Thanks for such a quick response Bat!

That's super frustrating It is a pretty decent laptop, only 3 or 4 years old. It did have Windows 10 originally and then I think it had the Windows 11 update prior to my desperate attempt to factory reset. I really don't know much about specs or any of that fancy computer stuff. I try my best to understand it!
    That is suspicious. If this is a factory reset, and if you're certain that the laptop is still performing poorly while it's not connected to the internet, then you could definitely try the route of removing the superfluous add-ons Microsoft tries to sneak onto your account after installation. You might've noticed various games, social media apps and so on cluttering your computer after you finished setting things up. Those kinds of things tend to sneak resources out from under you as they phone home and shovel content onto your screen. Remove everything that you don't want installed, and hopefully that can help a bit.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (3 Weeks Ago),Erik. (3 Weeks Ago),Synth Salazzle (3 Weeks Ago),xCarRadio (3 Weeks Ago)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 14h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That is suspicious. If this is a factory reset, and if you're certain that the laptop is still performing poorly while it's not connected to the internet, then you could definitely try the route of removing the superfluous add-ons Microsoft tries to sneak onto your account after installation. You might've noticed various games, social media apps and so on cluttering your computer after you finished setting things up. Those kinds of things tend to sneak resources out from under you as they phone home and shovel content onto your screen. Remove everything that you don't want installed, and hopefully that can help a bit.
    Thank you!! I will give that a go. Fingers crossed.

It seeeeems to be alright right now. It's still slower than I think it should be, but pages are definitely loading faster than they were initially.