DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) mmmm... ill allow it
    if they give a queer option As Well As an 'other' option that is. just changing it to queer outright really invalidates people who still see queer as a slur.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    now all we need is a gender neutral/other option for clraik ;D
    p-please lmao i hate having to pick one or the other >:[

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

hissi (05-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    its nice but i wonder what happens if you discuss it on the boards, you prob get a warning

4. The Following User Says Thank You to firehawk For This Useful Post:

Mindfang (05-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    its nice but i wonder what happens if you discuss it on the boards, you prob get a warning
    I discussed it earlier, no problems! I didn't delve into it too much though, not because I was scared of a warning, but because it's not really needed on Neopets. The people who know, know, and that's cool.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    38d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    dopee
    I wish my gender said "robot" on the boards too instead of unknown though

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:

Virus (05-06-2016)

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) mmmm... ill allow it if they give a queer option As Well As an 'other' option that is. just changing it to queer outright really invalidates people who still see queer as a slur.
    Oh, absolutely, I would hope so. I personally don't (and wouldn't) use the word queer to describe myself, but there are lots of people who do who should have that option. More options! Hooray!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    28d 13h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i've seen people having in-depth discussions about their gender identities since this update and getting away with it. until some bigot comes in. but TNT was only deleting posts by shitty people instead of the entire topic, which was kind of a pleasant surprise
    and one person who started talking about how neopets is guiding kids to hell was apparently frozen lmao

ANYWAY, i love the new option. i'll like it even more when they fix it so it doesn't call us robots

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon View Post
    I think it's awesome that they added it!
    Though, I keep thinking that some people will set their gender as other just because they want to or because it looks cool as robot, not because they identify as such, and I see actual trans/"other" people getting offended over this. uvu
    But in the past, lots of females set their gender to male, just because they liked the color or something silly, not because they identified at male, and nobody cared, but it's becoming a touchy subject for people and I just hope the kind gesture doesn't become a target of hating people.
    But... idk I think it's really nice of them to add it, regardless!
    full offense but this is honestly way more offensive lmao why is this your first thought about a group of highly stigmatized people instead of "good for them"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    472 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    full offense but this is honestly way more offensive lmao why is this your first thought about a group of highly stigmatized people instead of "good for them"
    My first thought was good for them! (': That's why that was the first part of my post.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    biting my tongue here

i was always envious of ppl with the robot gender because i've always affectionately referred to myself as a robot in that regard i think it's a good move on their part without getting too much into the politics of the subject which i feel would do more harm than good in the long run

yeah tho the NC mall thing is why i came to this thread actually, i freaked the shit out and changed my password right away because it showed me a different account... it's annoying that nc mall is kinda broken with this update even if i don't use it that often.

wonder why it pulls random accounts up for that though? i mean the blanket answer is obviously 'js can't code for shit' but that seems like... extra broken

has anyone else found any other stuff it doesn't let you do with this change? nc mall one seems like a really big deal considering that's one of their biggest sources of $ i'd say 'i wonder how long it'll take them to fix it' but that's pretty much a rhetorical question @ neopets always nowadays

OH AND on the 'females switching to male' thing - a long ass time ago on the avatar chat boards girls would switch to the male gender because it would get them easier lends and people would take them more seriously, there was a whole topic about it once. this was like 7+ years ago maybe?
    Last edited by Crowley; 05-06-2016 at 01:08 AM.

blessed by @Clefairy for a prosperous and eggy 2022
    and blessed by @honeycomb with snek on a string crowley ily