40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    558d 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by basically View Post
    i loved the book! it's actually the most recent thing i read, because i just reread it. Jennette is an amazing writer and i heard the audiobook version is really good as well!
    oooh, the audiobook is super good! Definitely a rough listen due to the content, but if you've read the book you know what you're getting into.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

basically (02-05-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Oof yeah, some of the things she talks about in her book still haunt me a little :')

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by basically View Post
    i loved the book! it's actually the most recent thing i read, because i just reread it. Jennette is an amazing writer and i heard the audiobook version is really good as well!
    See now you've got me wanting to finish up Pageboy. It's just finding the time since my life has been so busy lately. Hubby got me I'm Glad my Mom Died for Valentines Day and I've really just wanted to dive into it, but I'm the type of person who needs to finish 1 thing before jumping into another.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm not reading any fiction right now, but I'm reading stuff related to my job/career goals. Right now, it's "Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking" by Christopher Hadnagy. I listened to an interview from this guy in a podcast where he talked about his job as a physical pentester and it was so fascinating to hear his stories about how he was testing security of buildings which included just walking in places and convincing people he was staff and legit. It's amazing how easily people will feel comfortable or give too much info if someone presents as being legit. It's really interesting like, deconstructing manipulation, but not so much in a sinister way since this is about cybersecurity and not like...true crime lol. (you need an account to see links) in case anyone is interesting in listening before reading lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    138d 5h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    I am, once again, procrastinating on reading. This time, it's Black Cat by Jed Mackay Omnibus.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    I'm not reading any fiction right now, but I'm reading stuff related to my job/career goals. Right now, it's "Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking" by Christopher Hadnagy. I listened to an interview from this guy in a podcast where he talked about his job as a physical pentester and it was so fascinating to hear his stories about how he was testing security of buildings which included just walking in places and convincing people he was staff and legit. It's amazing how easily people will feel comfortable or give too much info if someone presents as being legit. It's really interesting like, deconstructing manipulation, but not so much in a sinister way since this is about cybersecurity and not like...true crime lol. (you need an account to see links) in case anyone is interesting in listening before reading lol.
    That sounds really interesting. I'll add that book to my good reads list. Have you finished the book and what did you think of it?

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    The Royal Treatment: A Natural Approach to Wildly Healthy Pets by Dr. Barbara Royal
    (you need an account to see links)

it's made me cry a lot more than I'd anticipated...

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Just started the Licanius Trilogy! Having made much progress because FF7 Rebirth is taking over my life.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm currently reading the Wheel of Time series... 14 books LOL. I started it in 2020 and I'm only just finishing up now. Two more books to go. It's a long one but really worth it, the last few books of the series have been phenomenal.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaray View Post
    I'm currently reading the Wheel of Time series... 14 books LOL. I started it in 2020 and I'm only just finishing up now. Two more books to go. It's a long one but really worth it, the last few books of the series have been phenomenal.
    This series has tempted me but I've had friends talk about multibook sloughs in the series. I don't know if I can handle that haha. I'm a huge Brandon Sanderson fan so I might try out the series one day