Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Realistically, how long do you think neopets has left?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    they should migrate to a full mobile app...
    and of course fix whts broken...
    and to really save neopets, they need to be bought by a big company like nikelodeon times, to invest all the money in marketing

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've seen a lot of games like Neopets come and go, but I think that Neopets has so many features and opportunities for customization (not to mention the LORE of the game has always been top-notch) that it's unique enough to avoid being shut down or going out of business. I'm the only person I know who still plays Neopets, but there seems to be enough die-hard fans all over the world to keep it alive and well. Personally I don't care what issues the site has or how long it takes them to upgrade everything to HTML 5, as long as I don't lose my Zafara baby like I lost my penguin, I'm okay.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Despite the poor shape neopets is in, I can see it very easily surviving another five or even ten years. I say that because there are a lot of "dead" sites that are still up and running to some extent. Verpets and Misticpets come to mind, those sites have a max of 6 users online at any given point and the only news posts anymore are automated.

Neopets may not be functional within that time span, but as long as someone is still paying that server cost it'll easily be around for a good while.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Cost versus revenue. Neopets still makes money and has plenty of ways to make money, even if its user base is small, and it doesn't cost very much to maintain.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Cost versus revenue. Neopets still makes money and has plenty of ways to make money, even if its user base is small, and it doesn't cost very much to maintain.
    hmmm... i think they have a lot of database costs :/ hopefully it will be alive as long as possible

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by demilovato View Post
    hmmm... i think they have a lot of database costs :/ hopefully it will be alive as long as possible
    They've already cut down quite a lot on server costs, after the switch and that's why we see the site lag a hell of a lot pretty regularly now. But they are still making plenty of money from ad revenue and of course, NC and premium.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 49 View Post
    They've already cut down quite a lot on server costs, after the switch and that's why we see the site lag a hell of a lot pretty regularly now. But they are still making plenty of money from ad revenue and of course, NC and premium.
    ohhh thats right, the switch ruin the site.
    miss nickelodeon and that strong marketing strategy :/ gold days :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I don't think Neopets will die someday, actually. Although it doesn't have the technology of the current games, Neopets is a singular game, with a complex and gigantic content and it has a base of players that most games do not yet have.
    The problem, in fact, is that it has become a stagnant game. It survives because of the contents of 1999-2007.
    It's need to take some of the childish aspect of the game, revitalize the site design, improve the forum, and especially invest heavily in the creative side. They need to create content for smartphone too, don't need to turn the whole game into a mobile game, it's impossible.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagate View Post
    Despite the poor shape neopets is in, I can see it very easily surviving another five or even ten years. I say that because there are a lot of "dead" sites that are still up and running to some extent. Verpets and Misticpets come to mind, those sites have a max of 6 users online at any given point and the only news posts anymore are automated.
    >� Copyright Verpets 2015

this is rough lmfao