Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who or what about Neopets Classic gets under your skin?

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Especially when Neopets it's self is free to join and a fan site is not. I'm still baffled by the entire concept of pay to sign up to play a fan site based on nostalgia. I wouldn't be surprised if TNT found a way to shut it down? (if that's even possible since NPC is using their images?)
    Yeah, I believe that Neopets itself is aware of the site, iirc I think one of TNT mentioned the site in passing in Discord or something. At this point I wish they would totally shut it down, I wouldn't want the NPC staff members tied to my IP.
    Custom Userbar made by (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (10-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyc View Post
    Yeah, I believe that Neopets itself is aware of the site, iirc I think one of TNT mentioned the site in passing in Discord or something. At this point I wish they would totally shut it down, I wouldn't want the NPC staff members tied to my IP.
    Ah that also doesn't surprise me then! I can understand a fan site but I think what they are doing is a little questionable and I also again wouldn't be surprised if they tried to shut it down, or if it is on the verging of closing.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Ah that also doesn't surprise me then! I can understand a fan site but I think what they are doing is a little questionable and I also again wouldn't be surprised if they tried to shut it down, or if it is on the verging of closing.
    Custom Userbar made by (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyc View Post

I also don't feel like the site is going to be around for that long if all these complaints around how they handle their user base and site have come out. Super wild stuff.

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-20-2022)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuras View Post
    was your ban message "Spamming" as well? LOL

they're rlly killing their site/playerbase so fast.
    "ERROR : You are no longer allowed to use the Neoboards. Please open a support ticket if you believe this to be in error."

Yet there's no way to contact anyone on staff. I don't care anymore, site's gonna die one way or another.

Last edited by Abyss; 08-20-2022 at 07:28 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abyss For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (10-18-2022),Hollow (08-21-2022),Sakuras (08-21-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    "ERROR : You are no longer allowed to use the Neoboards. Please open a support ticket if you believe this to be in error."

Yet there's no way to contact anyone on staff. I don't care anymore, site's gonna die one way or another.

Ooof. Kinda sounds like they're having a power trip with that site. Is there even trying to contact them about that at this point? I'm curious to see if the site lasts even another year with all the stuff that seems to be happening. It still baffles me that we have to pay to sign up now. I'm definitely skipping sign ups after learning about that lmao.

*that's rough buddy*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-21-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Ooof. Kinda sounds like they're having a power trip with that site. Is there even trying to contact them about that at this point? I'm curious to see if the site lasts even another year with all the stuff that seems to be happening. It still baffles me that we have to pay to sign up now. I'm definitely skipping sign ups after learning about that lmao.

it's not worth contacting them at all in my opinion. they'll just hop on their high horse and be condescending.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sakuras For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-21-2022),Hollow (08-21-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuras View Post
    it's not worth contacting them at all in my opinion. they'll just hop on their high horse and be condescending.
    That's a fair point, I suppose the site will probably lose it's fan base based on what's happening.

*that's rough buddy*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (08-21-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    It's beyond hilarious that noah is on such a power trip over a fan site "stealing" things like footer text that he admittedly stole from Neopets.com in the first place. He's just threatened because he's always known some of his user base is more advanced than he is when it comes to coding and didn't want to let them help because it would hurt his ego - so now he's mad that their new site is exposing how incompetent he always was. They've been able to get so many features up in just a few months and he can't keep claiming they "stole" from him when they're releasing things he was never able to finish. The people taking the high road here are the GC dev team who refuse to engage in this nonsense while noah decided to be a petty child.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dolphinlookalike For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-23-2022),Sakuras (08-22-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinlookalike View Post
    It's beyond hilarious that noah is on such a power trip over a fan site "stealing" things like footer text that he admittedly stole from Neopets.com in the first place. He's just threatened because he's always known some of his user base is more advanced than he is when it comes to coding and didn't want to let them help because it would hurt his ego - so now he's mad that their new site is exposing how incompetent he always was. They've been able to get so many features up in just a few months and he can't keep claiming they "stole" from him when they're releasing things he was never able to finish. The people taking the high road here are the GC dev team who refuse to engage in this nonsense while noah decided to be a petty child.
    I find that so ironic given the nature of the entire site having to use original Neopets artwork lmao, then admitting to it. The entire thing sounds very petty, and I'm glad that I never signed up to it based on how dramatic Noah is being lmao.

*that's rough buddy*