Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    Yes! Didn't it list all of the scams that were common on Neopets in the 2000s? That also reminds me of /~NoYouWereNotHacked
    A similar page that I could think of is /~Macky, which is still up! I remember that one from back in the day. lol

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

hissi (12-15-2020),Maelstra (12-14-2020),Sephora (12-14-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    The oldest fansite I remember using was called "Nutty About Neopets". It had a super strawberry-banana design and was built with like two iframes, one for the menu and one for the page. I remember it was my go-to for avatars solution as a kid lmao.

Edit: omg apparently it's still up! just google the name and it's the first result lol.
    Last edited by TsUNaMy WaVe; 12-17-2020 at 07:58 AM.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Aero (12-18-2020),Ariealle (12-15-2020),hissi (12-15-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    63d 16h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    thank you everyone for the amazing responses! i had been doing finals for 30 hours and checking back on this thread kept me sane in the last stretch hahahah

a couple other things i remembered while rereading everyone's posts were those pages for adopting pets for your shop (example gifs in spoiler), "Something has happened! I'm a fire faerie. Which faerie are you?"-type fake random event-style links to quizzes (you still see these sometimes in old shops, (you need an account to see links) one i went and found in my friend's abandoned shop), and those fake 1NP baby pb shop listings that eventually got banned by neo for...obvious reasons

as for neo fansites, i specifically remember cloudneo as i said in the op, they had animated faerie snowglobes and stuff that i loved. for a long time i wasn't allowed to go on any website that wasn't neo, so going on cloudneo was super scandalous for me! i think there was also a site called nothinbut.net that some stuff for neo that i also used, like graphics/possibly html help? EDIT: hold up i just got blasted with a memory of someone's HMTL petpage i constantly used, like w8sk8rchick or something. throwing that out as well in case it sound familiar to anyone else! i learned <marquee> from there lol.

@(you need an account to see links) lilangel is totally right! her art is still fantastic but too bad it's got all those photoshop watermarks now x( and geez, those UCs haha. also ommmmmgggg the chokato page, you just unlocked ancient memories in me, im pretty sure that thing kept me entertained for HOURS....i feel like there was also a similar toast page? with like the number of butters on it increasing?

@(you need an account to see links) i loooved ghostkomorichu's comics as well! i remember their guide on how they did them, how they originally drew everything on paper and then scanned/finished in photoshop which i didn't even realize was an option until then lol! i had a lot of other regular comics i loved, like pint-sized, the one about the shadow lupe and yellow zafara and the one about the baby lupe and gelert(?) (you need an account to see links) ghostkomorichu's dA, but just as a warning they draw a ton of tickling art they actually made a side account for that so i guess the main one is fine now! i remember the last time i checked their main was flooded with it to the point i didn't want to follow hahahah. i def don't read the nt anymore except extremely rarely, i miss all the old regular strips. also (this response is getting long forgive me) what was special about the avatar.starried font tool? i never used the site myself but it sounds like everyone loved it!

@(you need an account to see links) here you are! hopefully it's alright to send as a download file, idk how else to do it i never had the guts to join the guilds of people i admired, i just stalked from afar lol. what kind of stuff went on in there?

@(you need an account to see links) i managed to find (you need an account to see links) a while back, lots of pages of them too there's also more neo stuff (some glitter) on (you need an account to see links), including this rainbow uni which might be similar to what you're talking about?

once again thank you for all the responses so far, i love hearing everyone's memories i am a super nostalgic person, it drives me crazy that i'll never be able to see so much of this stuff again! at least we can all still talk about it hahah
    Last edited by hissi; 12-16-2020 at 12:13 AM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hissi For This Useful Post:

Digipoop (12-15-2020),Erik. (12-16-2020),Ice (12-16-2020),kittyray (12-15-2020),Sakuras (12-17-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links) It was primarily a roleplay and chat guild. Occasionally there would be roleplay events where you could win titles / shout-outs. I remember there was one RP where the characters were supposed to save a kougra, but otherwise it was pretty free-form.

Unfortunately wild eventually stopped playing Neopets so the guild got a v 2.0, but everyone kind of drifted away as time went on. I know at least one of my guildmates is a semi-internet famous artist whose work I see on twitter (and webpages) occasionally. Found out by googling the guild name and her old DA popped up, heh.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhymes with Witch For This Useful Post:

hissi (12-16-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by kirari View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) i loooved ghostkomorichu's comics as well! i remember their guide on how they did them, how they originally drew everything on paper and then scanned/finished in photoshop which i didn't even realize was an option until then lol! i had a lot of other regular comics i loved, like pint-sized, the one about the shadow lupe and yellow zafara and the one about the baby lupe and gelert(?) (you need an account to see links) ghostkomorichu's dA, but just as a warning they draw a ton of tickling art they actually made a side account for that so i guess the main one is fine now! i remember the last time i checked their main was flooded with it to the point i didn't want to follow hahahah. i def don't read the nt anymore except extremely rarely, i miss all the old regular strips. also (this response is getting long forgive me) what was special about the avatar.starried font tool? i never used the site myself but it sounds like everyone loved it!
    Oh I know who you're talking about for the shadow lupe and yellow zafara! That's ssjelitegirl, and I think she still publishes because I've seen one recently. I think I also remember the baby lupe & gelert- was that Miles or was Miles a different famous baby lupe? I was so sad to realize that GhostKomorichu stopped playing a few years ago; i think that's when her last comic was published and now she's seen a long, long time ago

Avatar.Starried font tool was basically a mimic of the Neoboards preferences and you could store all your creations there for easy access when you wanted to change to one of them. Like I said in my first comment, I'm still so surprised that no one copied that idea.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

hissi (12-18-2020)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    /~baterboy2nd
    The old PC Pet-trading Guide (circa 2011?), was a UC Plush Kougra. Saw it got traded around years later. No idea what it's up to now.

/~petpetmatcher
    Honestly can't believe it still exists, but I still use it sometimes lol. Genius whoever put it together.

And omg I'm stressing out because there was an old Dailies Guide I used to use on a UC Darigan Krawk's petpage... It was like Lepolativo or something. Lapolativa? Lepalotivo? Idk I can't actually remember the spelling. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Aero (12-18-2020),Doom (12-17-2020),hissi (12-16-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    16d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Omg I remember this too! Used it allll of the time. Might be a good time to use it again

Also am I the only one who has specific apps in mind? I know someone who applied for an UC Faerie Xweetok and I know they recommended to listen to the song Fireflies. The app was soo nice!

And another one was the app for an UC Mara Hissi. The person has like a ton of hissis and the app had amazing art. Those are the two I remember but I have no idea about the names.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doom For This Useful Post:

Crow (12-21-2020),hissi (12-17-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    22h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    All of hrobi's pages!! I was so awed by her account as a kid.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cooldan94 For This Useful Post:

hissi (12-18-2020),Ice (12-18-2020)