5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Getting started help?

Im still pretty green around here, so im wondering if someone could give me some input on starting to sell and trade.

Am I too new?

Is offering instant delivery really beneficial?

If so whats the best site/service to use?

Would offering more than one payment method be beneficial?

Anyone have any tips?

thanks in advance for any help.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Selling and trading of goods? Like an online pawn shop? Try giving a little more detail in what exactly you're hoping to achieve so we can help you out a little better.

If it helps at all, then yes. The more options to a consumer, the better usually. If I could opt for faster delivery or different ways to pay, then I'd feel it's more shaped towards me or my financial situations.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jrdizzle For This Useful Post:

Agony (06-21-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    If you're looking to get started in trading, then I cannot emphasise enough to read all the trade section stickies and the rules very carefully. So many of the issues I have to deal with are from people claiming ignorance of what is permitted.
    Instant delivery is fine, but you need to ensure you don't have blind listings, i.e., your thread includes the prices. You also need to ensure that it only contains listings within the scope of our rules, so no unregs, meeting price regulations etc.
    Being as new as you are, you'd want to mention that you're willing to use a middleman.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Agony (06-21-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I have a pretty built up neopet main account id like to unload, as I don't use it anymore. I might also have some other game goods to sell in the trade forums here.

I saw the unconverted pet price guide, and saw it mentioned only well name pets, is there also a guide on bad names? Or is this more just down to buyer or seller discretion or something im missing?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Agony View Post
    I have a pretty built up neopet main account id like to unload, as I don't use it anymore. I might also have some other game goods to sell in the trade forums here.

I saw the unconverted pet price guide, and saw it mentioned only well name pets, is there also a guide on bad names? Or is this more just down to buyer or seller discretion or something im missing?
    The UC price regs are set in stone for VWN. Below that, it needs to be reasonably scaled. E.g. A VWN that needs to be $250 couldn't have a DN that was $70. Needs to still reflect the value of the species/colour reasonably.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    The UC price regs are set in stone for VWN. Below that, it needs to be reasonably scaled. E.g. A VWN that needs to be $250 couldn't have a DN that was $70. Needs to still reflect the value of the species/colour reasonably.
    Surely that makes sense though nobody wants to be out all those $$$$ if it should be $250 VWN then surely a DN would be around $220 - $200? Or would that be too low also?

Im going to dip my toes into the trades section today I think thanks to the help I got here