Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Jair Bolsonaro, the new brazilian president, and why should everyone be worried about him.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Some of the things you posted are completely untrue or taken out of context.
    For example the video you linked about the wage gap thing (that I still think is a blatant lie, never once have I been paid less than my male coworkers) he said "Eu n�o pagaria com MENOS sal�rio" (just listen to the "S" sound), which means "I wouldn't hire them with LESS pay", the opposite of what you're saying. And then he was interrupted before he could continue.

(you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

Menine (10-29-2018),pinguim (10-29-2018),Synth Salazzle (10-30-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I have friends that already have been beaten since he took the leadership in the campaign, i'm saving money and searching my great grandparent documents so i can take my italian citizenship this year and go away from this place, but i feel for all the other people in the LGBT+ community and other minorities who don't have this opportunity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (10-29-2018)

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    People at my university (I go to USP) who were supporters of Bolsonaro are right now marching and cheering along the campus, going from institute to institute, cheering and causing a ruckus. People who are my friends or friends of friends have been harassed over these past weeks by people who support this jackass in power, even physically threatened (a friend of a friend had a gun pulled out on her AT A CAMPUS PARTY for being lesbian and supporting Haddad) because they are minorities, or display "non-usual" behavior like guys with long hairs or earrings. There has been news reports of both policemen and general populace saying they wanted to beat up people from my university because they're "useless weed-smokers" and "communists" along other things, despite the fact that even if there are people who do drugs or support left and/or communist agendas, not everyone from USP is like that, and wanting to physically attack someone has no justification, much less on bullshit like that. Actually, people were urged to not wear clothing pieces that makes them identifiable with USP, along with stuff that may identify them with LGBT+, and everyone is on the group tagalong routine because only God knows what the hell some of those crazies who feel justified by a jackass like that in power will want to do.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by oken View Post
    I have friends that already have been beaten since he took the leadership in the campaign, i'm saving money and searching my great grandparent documents so i can take my italian citizenship this year and go away from this place, but i feel for all the other people in the LGBT+ community and other minorities who don't have this opportunity.
    Genuine question - I thought you had to be up to 2nd generation Italian/Portuguese in Brazil to have the right to dual citizenship?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    Genuine question - I thought you had to be up to 2nd generation Italian/Portuguese in Brazil to have the right to dual citizenship?
    No, you can the be forth actually generation to be born in Brazil to still have the right to. The only difficulty you may find is that if there's a woman in the line of heritage, she must be born after 1948.

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I think you'll need to ask either your grandparent or your parents to apply for Italian citizenship first. I know that because my mother looked into it some years ago, since her great-grandparents on her mother's side were Italian immigrants, and then she found out that she'd have to have her mother ask first (which didn't happen because my mother is not in speaking terms with her mother since she's a psycho).

I've personally applied for Chilean citizenship, since my father's Chilean, and as soon as it gets out, I'm ditching this country. I'm so sorry for anyone who thinks it sounds like rats abandoning a sinking ship, but it's a matter of my own safety, and the safety of many.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    No, you can the be forth actually generation to be born in Brazil to still have the right to. The only difficulty you may find is that if there's a woman in the line of heritage, she must be born after 1948.
    Oof, really? I didn't know that. I'm a 3rd generation as well from my father's side

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Attention Whore View Post
    I think you'll need to ask either your grandparent or your parents to apply for Italian citizenship first. I know that because my mother looked into it some years ago, since her great-grandparents on her mother's side were Italian immigrants, and then she found out that she'd have to have her mother ask first (which didn't happen because my mother is not in speaking terms with her mother since she's a psycho).

I've personally applied for Chilean citizenship, since my father's Chilean, and as soon as it gets out, I'm ditching this country. I'm so sorry for anyone who thinks it sounds like rats abandoning a sinking ship, but it's a matter of my own safety, and the safety of many.
    That's probably because your mother's mother was born before 1948, i'll try to find a schedule i have here of when you have the rights to ask for it and which way is the best to do it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (10-29-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Look at this @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links)

and have you guys saw? the 'sede' from ibama and ICMBio were burned down today

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Look at this @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links)

and have you guys saw? the 'sede' from ibama and ICMBio were burned down today
    Yes, it was on friday and they're almost sure it was the garimpeiros. I know those people very well