7/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    21h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by pppp3 View Post
    for the code? or the whole TGC set? i'm only interested in code prices! the cards are cool, but not really my thing
    There are no listing for just the code. Unless somebody here has sold one and can share the price that’s all we have to go on!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strategery For This Useful Post:

♥ pppp3 ♥ (08-02-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I went to check the listings again and went to see which ones sold...and one sold today at $300

I looks like I wont be getting the avatar lol

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    People are wilding out for this avatar but the last SDCC avatar was available to everyone. I'm just going to have hope they will release the avatar with the TCG packs bc I will be buying them regardless. My opinion is you are buying the SDCC specific TCG cards so those could be worth more in real world currency one day since they will be rare. If you think the cards are worth $300-$600 go for it I guess, but I really feel like they are gonna release the avatar with the TCG release.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Is anyone going to Gen Con tomorrow and can grab us a pack and code ?

Will gladly pay for the service

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by RadLapras View Post
    People are wilding out for this avatar but the last SDCC avatar was available to everyone. I'm just going to have hope they will release the avatar with the TCG packs bc I will be buying them regardless. My opinion is you are buying the SDCC specific TCG cards so those could be worth more in real world currency one day since they will be rare. If you think the cards are worth $300-$600 go for it I guess, but I really feel like they are gonna release the avatar with the TCG release.
    The speculation behind this is this avatar is not one given by TNT during SDCC through merch/free items. It's one that's tagged to the promotional item that's being sold by Upper Deck. If it's tagged to the entire TCG deck then people who bought the promotional pack would be making a hell lot of noise, and it's only in their best interest to generate a new avatar for the deck so it'll get more people to buy. But idk it's just conjuncture at this point.

Hopefully it'll be an avatar that's given out but yea, with it being a paid thing by a separate entity, it doesn't seem good.

Cookbook was a little different since it was a standard code.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    21h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    The speculation behind this is this avatar is not one given by TNT during SDCC through merch/free items. It's one that's tagged to the promotional item that's being sold by Upper Deck. If it's tagged to the entire TCG deck then people who bought the promotional pack would be making a hell lot of noise, and it's only in their best interest to generate a new avatar for the deck so it'll get more people to buy. But idk it's just conjuncture at this point.

Hopefully it'll be an avatar that's given out but yea, with it being a paid thing by a separate entity, it doesn't seem good.

My thoughts as well, especially since Upper Deck specifically mentioned it was SDCC/Gen Con exclusive. Hopefully we’re wrong but it sounds like they’ll make other incentives for the full release down the line.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post

Has TNT specified if the avatar is specifically tied to the SDCC promo pack? If they have then yeah making it available to everyone isn't a smart move. I'd love to own the promo cards but I'm not buying them for what they are at now.

I hope they just release more avatars with TCG packs, the more the merrier.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by RadLapras View Post
    Has TNT specified if the avatar is specifically tied to the SDCC promo pack? If they have then yeah making it available to everyone isn't a smart move. I'd love to own the promo cards but I'm not buying them for what they are at now.

I hope they just release more avatars with TCG packs, the more the merrier.
    From my understanding, they haven't said that it was only for SDCC. At least, I haven't read that it was only for it.

But if they are also selling the pack at Gen Con, I would love to try and buy a code at a decent price from someone who is going to be there (Please DM me if you are going!).
    Hell, I'd even be up to buying the code from someone who has it and can share the code with a few others lol Im not interested in the cards, just the code.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    21h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    From my understanding, they haven't said that it was only for SDCC. At least, I haven't read that it was only for it.

But if they are also selling the pack at Gen Con, I would love to try and buy a code at a decent price from someone who is going to be there (Please DM me if you are going!).
    Hell, I'd even be up to buying the code from someone who has it and can share the code with a few others lol Im not interested in the cards, just the code.
    It was mentioned as con-specific by Upper Deck, there’s a screenshot a few pages back.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I already have the avatar, but if anyone goes to Gen Con, I'd also be interested in a code + the TCGs (plus shipping and handling).

That way I can collect the merch and just share the code with others here.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (08-02-2023),♥ hugosasso ♥ (08-02-2023),Trash Panda (08-03-2023)