Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post

Biology would dictate the opposite.
    Men generally have one orgasm and lose interest in sex until their refractory period is over.
    Women can continue to have orgasms without any interruption.

It takes women roughly twice as long to orgasm as men during partnered sex.
    We'd technically need two partners to get us to orgasm.
    The female orgasm is almost pointless to reproduction. Yes it's good for making the sperm get closer but people get pregnant without female orgasm.

And a woman can enjoy sex without having an orgasm though if a man wanted to return it would be in his best interest to please her.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    The female orgasm is almost pointless to reproduction. Yes it's good for making the sperm get closer but people get pregnant without female orgasm.

And a woman can enjoy sex without having an orgasm though if a man wanted to return it would be in his best interest to please her.
    Yes but 99% of sex isn't about reproduction.
    Unless you're a Duggar.

I'm saying we're built for endless amounts of sex.
    Men are not.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Yes but 99% of sex isn't about reproduction.
    Unless you're a Duggar.

I'm saying we're built for endless amounts of sex.
    Men are not.
    Sex exists completely for reproduction and nothing else.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Sex exists completely for reproduction and nothing else.
    Then why do people have sex before they ever intend to have children?
    Why do people continue to have sex after they're done having children?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    That's the point though, that people shouldn't have to hide it. Not that long ago, people had to hide the fact that they were gay. That's wrong. People shouldn't have to hide who they are. They shouldn't be denied the same legal rights as everyone else because of who they love. Being out about being polygamous and being proud of your multiple spouses isn't promoting it anymore than being gay or lesbian and being out and proud with your partner is. People wanted to have their say about that, but thankfully, they're becoming the minority, at least here in the States.

The point is that people need to get their hands out of my genitals. I should have the ability to make my own sexual and reproductive rights. It's not a random stranger who will never meet me's business what I do, who I do it with, or how many whos I do it with.
    And like I said it takes time for acceptance because social norms take time to change and obviously it will not happen any time soon. Even gay/lesbian people are still frowned upon even though they have legal protection. Plus being gay/lesbian is not the same as polygamous relationships because sexual orientation is not a choice as opposed to polygamy. Also offering legal protection will not completely eradicate the stigma. Look at racism, has been abolished for hundreds of years and still occurs today in a covert atmosphere or like the NBA incident. Obviously this occurs with gays too. Polygamy will be no different. Also were do you draw the line? I mean first gays then Polygamy then what? Beastiality? In a hundred years Earth will look more like something out of Futurama episode.

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

If you speaking biologically. The goal of every organism is to survival and reproduce. That is the fundamentals of evolution, take any biology class and they will tell you that. Also being built for endless sex doesn't mean that you should become a nymphomaniac. Of course that's personal preference. People have sex because it feels good and you know that. Although a lot of people don't necessary have sex as often before or after children.
    Last edited by BGH; 05-06-2014 at 04:24 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_xxx View Post
    And like I said it takes time for acceptance because social norms take time to change and obviously it will not happen any time soon. Even gay/lesbian people are still frowned upon even though they have legal protection. Plus being gay/lesbian is not the same as polygamous relationships because sexual orientation is not a choice as opposed to polygamy. Also offering legal protection will not completely eradicate the stigma. Look at racism, has been abolished for hundreds of years and still occurs today in a covert atmosphere or like therecent NBA incident. Obviously this occurs with gays too. Polygamy will be no different. Also were do you draw the line? I mean first gays then Polygamy then what? Beastiality? In a hundred years Earth will look more like something out of Futurama episode.
    HOW does alternative sexual orientation ALWAYS lead to bestiality?! HOW?!

How do you go from CONSENTING ADULTS to an animal which has no legal rights, is considered property, and CANNOT consent?

I will honestly never understand. Never.

Like I said, a debate is not about how things are, it's about how things should be. I think that we need to work towards a future where people in polygamous families can be open about their lives without having to hide for fear of legal prosecution. And it isn't necessarily a choice. There are fundamentalist Mormons who believe that polygamy is necessary for their salvation. Once again, I'm okay with CONSENTING ADULTS. Accepting polygamy doesn't mean accepting 12 year old girls forced into marriage to 70 year old men.

But really, if someone wants to marry their goat, I don't give a fuck because I will be glad to have their genetic material removed from the gene pool.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Contraceptives exist.

Sex is pleasurable because reproduction is necessary and it's highly evolutionary beneficial for it to be pleasurable. People have sex because they are being told to have sex by their body that is trained reproduce.

Society has created the idea of "not ready for children" - without these social norms teenage pregnancy would be the absolute norm versus the current taboo status of it.

Because contraceptives exist, we can freely engage in sex and receive the benefits without the "consequences".

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_xxx View Post
    If you speaking biologically. The goal of every organism is to survival and reproduce. That is the fundamentals of evolution, take any biology class and they will tell you that. Also being built for endless sex doesn't mean that you should become a nymphomaniac. Of course that's personal preference
    I'm not speaking biologically because like I said 99% of sex is not for reproduction.

And right, your personal preference should not dictate mine.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Contraceptives exist.

Sex is pleasurable because reproduction is necessary and it's highly evolutionary beneficial for it to be pleasurable. People have sex because they are being told to have sex by their body that is trained reproduce.

Society has created the idea of "not ready for children" - without these social norms teenage pregnancy would be the absolute norm versus the current taboo status of it.

Because contraceptives exist, we can freely engage in sex and receive the benefits without the "consequences".
    Sex also exists to create emotional bonds between people. To bring them closer together and to solidify their relationship. I don't have sex with my husband because I want to reproduce, I have sex with my husband because I love him and I want to share that with him. I don't believe that my body is telling me that I want to get pregnant and therefore I need sex at that moment.

If you have the science to back it up, that's a different story, but I don't buy it.

Anyways, I think I made my point of view clear and I need to go to bed.
    It's been real.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Bestiality is actually legal in many places...throughout the world, and even the U.S. Not that I'm jumping on the let's allow it boat because I do personally draw the line there...lol..but..hey..

Sex on a primal level is about reproduction, all humans as ANIMALS want to reproduce - male and female. Of course, humans have additional layers added to the equation with personality. People may want to have sex and not reproduce due to personality influences (i.e don't want children point blank i.e heterosexual sex, want to have children but not physically i.e homosexual sex + adoption, heterosexual sex + adoption), but that doesn't change the biology factor! Our innate instinctual desires are still there and we are still meant to reproduce (again, personality can change this and even remove this instinctual force for the most part, i.e asexuality) so we still desire to do the act of reproduction - that is have sex, even if we only interpret it as pleasure - there's more to it. Saying that men have a right to have sex more because they are biologically inclined to isn't really right because males and females are both biologically inclined. The thought or belief that a woman who has multiple partners is somehow lesser and slutty for it is really downplaying the beauty of human nature.

Humans thanks to culture seriously blind themselves to the universals that must exist with us all because we are the same species. We're constantly trying to segregate the population by race, gender, whatever, and it's foolish. Race doesn't even exist on a genetic level, the only biological marker for race is skin tone. When it comes to sex, yes there are biological differences between men and women because we need those to reproduce...but having a woman who likes to do the act a lot surely doesn't warrant shaming. I don't even know how else to put that. lol.
    "but I ain't got time for time...dancing in the shadows of the shadows, no time to shine..."

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    HOW does alternative sexual orientation ALWAYS lead to bestiality?! HOW?!

How do you go from CONSENTING ADULTS to an animal which has no legal rights, is considered property, and CANNOT consent?

I will honestly never understand. Never.

Like I said, a debate is not about how things are, it's about how things should be. I think that we need to work towards a future where people in polygamous families can be open about their lives without having to hide for fear of legal prosecution. And it isn't necessarily a choice. There are fundamentalist Mormons who believe that polygamy is necessary for their salvation. Once again, I'm okay with CONSENTING ADULTS. Accepting polygamy doesn't mean accepting 12 year old girls forced into marriage to 70 year old men.

But really, if someone wants to marry their goat, I don't give a fuck because I will be glad to have their genetic material removed from the gene pool.
    The point was to illustrate where we draw the line. The reason why reproduction was brought up was because that was the sole intent of sex was reproduction. Gays/Lesbians don't facilitate reproduction, so they are not contributing to the gene pool so it is the same as someone having sex with another species because in essence they are in the same boat as alternative sexual orientation people. I mean clearly by your standards its okay to have tons of partners but not okay for someone to have another species as a partner or if whether its their faith that dictates that polygamy is required (Mormons) but then they can say the same thing and argue that no one should interfere in their faith and or sexual preference for other species and we come to a full circle and it leads to no boundaries. Then every group will rise up and say if they have rights, I want rights, it will lead to like I said a world looking like Futurama.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rosieb View Post
    Bestiality is actually legal in many places...throughout the world, and even the U.S. Not that I'm jumping on the let's allow it boat because I do personally draw the line there...lol..but..hey..

Sex on a primal level is about reproduction, all humans as ANIMALS want to reproduce - male and female. Of course, humans have additional layers added to the equation with personality. People may want to have sex and not reproduce due to personality influences (i.e don't want children point blank i.e heterosexual sex, want to have children but not physically i.e homosexual sex + adoption, heterosexual sex + adoption), but that doesn't change the biology factor! Our innate instinctual desires are still there and we are still meant to reproduce (again, personality can change this and even remove this instinctual force for the most part, i.e asexuality) so we still desire to do the act of reproduction - that is have sex, even if we only interpret it as pleasure - there's more to it. Saying that men have a right to have sex more because they are biologically inclined to isn't really right because males and females are both biologically inclined. The thought or belief that a woman who has multiple partners is somehow lesser and slutty for it is really downplaying the beauty of human nature.

Humans thanks to culture seriously blind themselves to the universals that must exist with us all because we are the same species. We're constantly trying to segregate the population by race, gender, whatever, and it's foolish. Race doesn't even exist on a genetic level, the only biological marker for race is skin tone. When it comes to sex, yes there are biological differences between men and women because we need those to reproduce...but having a woman who likes to do the act a lot surely doesn't warrant shaming. I don't even know how else to put that. lol.
    But that doesn't relate to whether or not you should have multiple partners or not. Male or female.
    Last edited by BGH; 05-06-2014 at 04:22 AM.