31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Wait what was that about snarkie/her husband? :o I only heard about the dumb comments Adam and supposedly Donna made but didn't know others were dragged into it?
    Her husband passed away suddenly a little while back. Someone brought it up on jn and I guess he didn't know.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-02-2023),Sakuras (07-05-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    185 times
    Time Online
    44d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    What did he say about Snarkie?

I'm willing to bet he *may* even have a PR person, but this was just a night with one too many brewskies and he genuinely thought at the time, that either it was a good idea, or people would give him a godly reception.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Meepit View Post
    Some people on reddit are taking the piss on the whole
    "I hope you live forever in poverty" comment lmao, saw these this morning

(you need an account to see links)

that grundo theif is going to show up in my nightmares hahahahaha

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

kalez (07-03-2023),Meepit (07-03-2023),Synth Salazzle (07-03-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    102d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I'm glad I was banned from neocord years ago if they're really doing that for real. that's genuinely disgusting.
    I just recently joined like a month or so ago and I don't think I've posted beyond asking for FQ help. Though one day I got curious and looked up my username and someone suggested that I stole a pet that I *literally created* lmao it was so dumb -_-

But yeah I'm not surprised that neocord is the way it is. All cliquey. I'm not surprised Adam and Donna got the welcome they got.

This whole thing was a huge mess LOL I'm glad I was around for it. Yikes how the "mighty" have fallen. Maybe it would have been alright if they didn't abandon neopets for quick cash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lazuli For This Useful Post:

abaj (07-03-2023),Cocobutter (07-03-2023),Crooked (07-03-2023),Synth Salazzle (07-03-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 14h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I just recently joined like a month or so ago and I don't think I've posted beyond asking for FQ help. Though one day I got curious and looked up my username and someone suggested that I stole a pet that I *literally created* lmao it was so dumb -_-

But yeah I'm not surprised that neocord is the way it is. All cliquey. I'm not surprised Adam and Donna got the welcome they got.

This whole thing was a huge mess LOL I'm glad I was around for it. Yikes how the "mighty" have fallen. Maybe it would have been alright if they didn't abandon neopets for quick cash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Pet site discords are all cliquish and weird. The flight rising ones were no different. I can't name any exceptions unless they're officially owned by the site itself and even then the atmosphere can be weird and uninviting.

I wonder if adam and donna even use discord normally because they really seemed surprised it was like that when that's literally just how discord is.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

abaj (07-03-2023),Buizel (07-03-2023),Lazuli (07-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Pet site discords are all cliquish and weird. The flight rising ones were no different. I can't name any exceptions unless they're officially owned by the site itself and even then the atmosphere can be weird and uninviting.

I wonder if adam and donna even use discord normally because they really seemed surprised it was like that when that's literally just how discord is.
    They can be nice, but it's the crushing pressure to conform that gets me and how easily things escalate into weird accusations when the community is slighted by an off-handed comment or two. When Hogwarts Legacy came out, it felt like anyone who talked about it in a positive manner will be publicly lynched.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abaj For This Useful Post:

Buizel (07-03-2023),Crooked (07-03-2023),Lazuli (07-03-2023),Synth Salazzle (07-03-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 11h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m

They know what Discord is, Adam usually communicates via his Dragginz discord server since it's a place where his followers praise and encourage his type of "humor". Like others have said prior, he went into the Neopets Discord initially because he thought people still fawned over and idolized him, but was mistaken on how the userbase feels about NFT games.

This actually raises another question though. Did Adam truly not keep up with Neopets news after he initially sold it? Maybe this is just me, but I would still be curious and check out an old game/website I made even after I sold it just to check up and see how it's doing. But apparently, Adam doesn't know much about current Neo outside of the time he ran the website.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Cocobutter (07-03-2023),Sakuras (07-05-2023),Synth Salazzle (07-03-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by abaj View Post
    They can be nice, but it's the crushing pressure to conform that gets me and how easily things escalate into weird accusations when the community is slighted by an off-handed comment or two. When Hogwarts Legacy came out, it felt like anyone who talked about it in a positive manner will be publicly lynched.
    I was briefly in the Neocord in 2017 and it was honestly really chill and a lot of fun, but I haven't been in it since I made a new account a while ago. I also used to be decently active in the sub until IRL got crazy and I stopped using reddit altogether in 2018, but I also only had positive interactions. It kind of seems like the vibes of both have shifted in the past few years to be more... intense? It seems like everyone is out to be a cop.

The best vibes were honestly the Neotag on tumblr pre-2015. Everyone was really laid back and kind of minded their own business, at least in my corner of it. I wish the Neotag wasn't so dead now.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

abaj (07-04-2023),kittyray (07-03-2023),parakeet (07-04-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    185 times
    Time Online
    44d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    This actually raises another question though. Did Adam truly not keep up with Neopets news after he initially sold it? Maybe this is just me, but I would still be curious and check out an old game/website I made even after I sold it just to check up and see how it's doing. But apparently, Adam doesn't know much about current Neo outside of the time he ran the website.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. I think he was still on the team after they sold and worked on the TCG etc, but then quit completely. And Viacom probably didn't need him after a while. But even if he did check it out for a bit, I'm guessing it's been a long enough time that I wouldn't be too surprised if he wasn't in the loop.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Buizel (07-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    They know what Discord is, Adam usually communicates via his Dragginz discord server since it's a place where his followers praise and encourage his type of "humor". Like others have said prior, he went into the Neopets Discord initially because he thought people still fawned over and idolized him, but was mistaken on how the userbase feels about NFT games.

I went to look at Snarkie's social media accounts after she was mentioned and was really surprised by how much she talks about / references Neopets. It clearly still feels like a huge part of her life and is something she cares about, even when she's unsure about how people will react to her.

The difference between that and Adam is pretty stark, and it's also telling that he seems not to still be friends with any of the former staff.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Buizel (07-03-2023),Cocobutter (07-03-2023),Crooked (07-03-2023),Ice (07-03-2023),Sakuras (07-05-2023)