DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 1h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    For me it also depends on the situation.

If at a restaurant I typically do 20% unless they were outstanding. I understand cooks will also shares tips so I keep that in mind if the food was good but service was not.

Haircuts I tip pretty generously and try to use cash most of the time, if its a $30 total I usually tip $20. My girl says I tip way too much for a haircut but then goes and spends $200 BEFORE tip on her haircuts. I feel at the barber it's a respect thing and they are very humble about it.

Food delivery 3-5 depending how far it is. I like to think that is enough to have our food dropped off quickly or first in line if they have multiple orders lol

Bars I usually bring singles and will drop in a dollar every other drink but as the drinks flow, so do the dollars

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BryanCranston For This Useful Post:

Crooked (07-09-2023)

Pronouns
    it/its
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 10h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I always tip cash bc I'd feel weird not doing so but my local barber also accepts beer and cigarettes as tips LOL i've seen other patrons give 'em, too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to balzabul For This Useful Post:

BryanCranston (07-09-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I live in Europe and there are differences between countries but in general, it's ok not to tip. The service is calculated in the price - in my home country years ago the restaurants took on the idea to write in the menu "service - 10%" for example and later that was banned and it's required by the law that the service is included and not mentioned as a separate item on the menu, as when you go to look at the menu, you see the prices and mentally decide if they suit you, then nobody remembers to add 10, 15 or whatever percentage that is to see if this is still ok. So this practice was judged misleading and banned. Usually I tip 10%, that is the go-to amount among everybody I know. Those 20 - 25% in USA just seem exorbitant for us And I don't feel any remorse not to tip if the service wasn't good.
    I started tipping delivery guys when I read what their actual wage is and I felt sorry. But in theory that shouldn't be my problem as the restaurant charges a delivery fee.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I wish tipping wasn’t a thing in the food industry. They should have higher wages in places.

However, I will still tip if I eat out.

For services like hairstylists and tattoos I always tip because that takes a LOT of their time to do. My hairstylist is my best friend, so I always tip her generously as a result.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I will always tip for services I receive. Usually 15-20% but will tip more for exceptionally good service

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Crooked (07-09-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    When I do go out, I tip 15% + what the Tax was.
    But if the serves wasn't that great, I just do the 15%.

No matter how bad it was, people still deserve to be paid and I feel that they might just be busy or having a hard day.
    No reason for me to add to their stress.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 23h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I normally tip %10 because that's the standard average where I live and it's optional. Of course if service was really good I'll happily tip more for their effort to make me feel comfortable.

Only ocassions where I don't tip (very rare) if it's service has been very awful in general.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    185 times
    Time Online
    44d 5h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    I live in Europe and there are differences between countries but in general, it's ok not to tip. The service is calculated in the price - in my home country years ago the restaurants took on the idea to write in the menu "service - 10%" for example and later that was banned and it's required by the law that the service is included and not mentioned as a separate item on the menu, as when you go to look at the menu, you see the prices and mentally decide if they suit you, then nobody remembers to add 10, 15 or whatever percentage that is to see if this is still ok. So this practice was judged misleading and banned. Usually I tip 10%, that is the go-to amount among everybody I know. Those 20 - 25% in USA just seem exorbitant for us And I don't feel any remorse not to tip if the service wasn't good.
    I started tipping delivery guys when I read what their actual wage is and I felt sorry. But in theory that shouldn't be my problem as the restaurant charges a delivery fee.
    I've seen that in a few countries too, especially in Asia and the Middle East. The bill also specifically mentions that service charge has been added to the bill. In my home country, there was actually quite a big outcry on how much additional service charge some places used to add, so much so that the government stepped in and capped it at 10 or 15%.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

nousha (07-10-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    ive seen on some fb news outlets that most places are mandatory placing a tip thing on their screens to make customers feel bad. places like starbucks etc. which i personally wouldnt unless they were super super great at handing me my coffee.

restaurants i tip 15% if exceptional service. any but subpar i do 10/12

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,168 times
    Time Online
    558d 10h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    ive seen on some fb news outlets that most places are mandatory placing a tip thing on their screens to make customers feel bad. places like starbucks etc. which i personally wouldnt unless they were super super great at handing me my coffee.

restaurants i tip 15% if exceptional service. any but subpar i do 10/12
    I always feel awkward when those screens show up at places that don't have a reason to tip because selecting "no tip" feels like such an asshole move, but if it's just a regular store and you're just helping me check out, it feels weird? Plus, one time early into the lockdowns a store near me added the tip screen, so I started to add one and the worker said something like "just so you know, the owner of the store is pocketing all of those", so I skipped it, but now I'm skeptical whenever I see tip screens in unexpected checkouts.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (07-11-2023)