Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    A voice of reason...! Every time I see people add milk and/or sugar it hurts me a little inside. Well, not really... they are free to do what they wish... but they are objectively wrong.
    Ahaha I mean there’s definitely some teas that traditionally must be enjoyed with some kinda milk in it like masala chai, thai, and even British tea. I don’t mind the bitterness and natural flavors of tea, but I try my best to honor cultural traditions.
    That and I’m just lactose intolerant so I can’t even experience any sort of milk tea “authentically” lmao

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    17d 4h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I generally drink more floral teas, stuff like rose and chamomile with a splash of oatmilk and some sugar are basically my go-tos, especially before bed or when I'm feeling anxious.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    A voice of reason...! Every time I see people add milk and/or sugar it hurts me a little inside. Well, not really... they are free to do what they wish... but they are objectively wrong.
    EXCUSE ME Earl Grey is a milk tea sir, and to drink it otherwise is a blasphemy!

(I am kidding!) but I honestly can't drink any black tea without some kind of milk-substance in it. Now, anyone who defiles any kind of green tea with anything is a monster.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    14d 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Here in my country (Brazil) there is a brand who made dessert flavor teas (cookies flavor and banoffee flavor), which can sounds strange for some people but they are definitely my favorites. They are very sweet and taste like you are "drinking" a dessert.

I'm moving to Canada in August and I'm already worried if I'll find something like that there.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    215d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Quote Originally Posted by anfitria View Post
    Here in my country (Brazil) there is a brand who made dessert flavor teas (cookies flavor and banoffee flavor), which can sounds strange for some people but they are definitely my favorites. They are very sweet and taste like you are "drinking" a dessert.

I'm moving to Canada in August and I'm already worried if I'll find something like that there.
    In the states, Republic of Tea has a few. I just did a quick internet search and found (you need an account to see links) if you're interested. I love sweet tea flavors so your teas sound amazing!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    14d 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by lyrichord View Post
    In the states, Republic of Tea has a few. I just did a quick internet search and found (you need an account to see links) if you're interested. I love sweet tea flavors so your teas sound amazing!
    wow, you just save my life xD
    Thank you! These teas look amazing, I will definitely try it when I get there.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I have tried different teas with milk/honey/sugar in them aaaannd they are absolutely not for me xD

Barely flavored leaf water is delicious.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    I've been failing miserably at keeping up with this thread. But yes to all the teas and no to all the bad teas! XD

But I agree, I really don't like milk in my tea. I tried it in Kenya and just plain wasn't a fan. Tasted like...sour tea XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimikyu View Post
    Ahaha I mean there’s definitely some teas that traditionally must be enjoyed with some kinda milk in it like masala chai, thai, and even British tea. I don’t mind the bitterness and natural flavors of tea, but I try my best to honor cultural traditions.
    That and I’m just lactose intolerant so I can’t even experience any sort of milk tea “authentically” lmao
    I too have a body that hates lactose. I used to drink milk chai growing up but at a certain age it started making my stomach feel awful... so I stopped. Now I only drink tea by itself and honestly I don't miss the milk version. I find that the milk diluted the flavor of the tea too much. But I also like my tea pretty dark/steeped for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    EXCUSE ME Earl Grey is a milk tea sir, and to drink it otherwise is a blasphemy!

(I am kidding!) but I honestly can't drink any black tea without some kind of milk-substance in it. Now, anyone who defiles any kind of green tea with anything is a monster.
    On the contrary, I love black tea that is as black as it can get! Earl grey has some great flavors all by itself, especially the bergamot. Milk just dilutes the strong flavors. But yeah green tea is too weak for milk... I wonder at how people enjoy those milky green bubble teas. It must taste like a mildly flavored, bland, sugary milkshake.

Quote Originally Posted by anfitria View Post

I have had some great dessert black teas, like "hazelnut cookie" and "chocolate" flavored ones. They are very aromatic. I like having them with cookies/biscuits/cakes, haha might as well go all in.

Since you are from Brazil I want to ask, have you tried chá de capim?
    Last edited by Sanctus; 06-24-2021 at 02:20 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sanctus For This Useful Post:

Mimikyu (07-05-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    14d 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

I have had some great dessert black teas, like "hazelnut cookie" and "chocolate" flavored ones. They are very aromatic. I like having them with cookies/biscuits/cakes, haha might as well go all in.

Since you are from Brazil I want to ask, have you tried chá de capim?
    These teas look great. I love sweet teas. The ones I drink here in Brazil (Cookies and Banoffee) are made from green tea.
    Yes! You're probably talking about capim cidreira (it has several names here in Brazil like capim cidreira, erva cidreira or capim santo). It's a great tea, with an amazing aroma.