DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I'm personally not understanding the issue with some of the UCs being changed to have thicker linework. The Ixi especially looks very nice to me, but truth be told, I never really liked how "light" it appeared to begin with? When all of the pets were just simple .gif images or slapped onto a white background the faerie Ixi in fact DID have thicker linework. So this change is honestly just returning it to its "original" (though not exactly) look.

It feels like people have just... nostalgia goggle'd themselves into forgetting how these pets did originally look. Unless of course they started playing after customization and conversion became a thing, in which case they were never exposed to the original art to begin with.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    (Left is the original UC Faerie Ixi, right is the after-customization Faerie Ixi)

EDIT: Bigger pictures because I'm an idiot who can't into our image attaching system.
    Last edited by Serebii; 01-18-2024 at 08:10 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Hollow (01-18-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Sakuras (01-18-2024),Styx (01-18-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Yes agree, the thinner OL Ixi always creeped me out.
    But I also dislike the black OL TNT did, I rather have the original back.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    So if I'm understanding this right:

• All pets will be auto-converted on 23rd January 2024
    • Pets that are originally UC will be given the Styling NC item that lets them retain their UC artwork
    • Styling NC item is pet specific, not colour specific, meaning I can unequip from my current put it on another pet (same species)
    • Since it's not colour specific, I'm assuming I'll be able to select from a wide range of available colours
    • Pets that were originally UC will be given a trophy (same as old pets)
    • Hopefully these trophies will be differentiated and not the same one across the board
    • This has effectively killed UC trading and the UC black market because nobody needs to trade/buy anymore when they can just buy the Styling NC item and use them on their pet to get the UC artwork

Did I miss anything out?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-18-2024),Sakuras (01-18-2024),Tapir (01-18-2024),Uma (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    I'm personally not understanding the issue with some of the UCs being changed to have thicker linework. The Ixi especially looks very nice to me, but truth be told, I never really liked how "light" it appeared to begin with? When all of the pets were just simple .gif images or slapped onto a white background the faerie Ixi in fact DID have thicker linework. So this change is honestly just returning it to its "original" (though not exactly) look.

It feels like people have just... nostalgia goggle'd themselves into forgetting how these pets did originally look. Unless of course they started playing after customization and conversion became a thing, in which case they were never exposed to the original art to begin with.

(Left is the original UC Faerie Ixi, right is the after-customization Faerie Ixi)

EDIT: Bigger pictures because I'm an idiot who can't into our image attaching system.
    Maybe I'm insane but that doesn't look like the actual uc faerie ixi art?

Idk where that super thin image is coming from but I'm 99% sure that thats not the actual pet art on site?

edited to add:
    that being said I would not be mad if they had gone back to it being exactly how the OG one was, I think that one looks really nice.
    I actually would even love if they flipped it back that way because it pleases my brain more for some reason to see it that way again.

Whatever they did in the update though really destroyed the entire pet for me, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Mangle; 01-18-2024 at 08:19 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mangle For This Useful Post:

Orbit (01-18-2024),Sakuras (01-18-2024)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangle View Post
    Maybe I'm insane but that doesn't look like the actual uc faerie ixi art?

Idk where that super thin image is coming from but I'm 99% sure that thats not the actual pet art on site?

edited to add:
    that being said I would not be mad if they had gone back to it being exactly how the OG one was, I think that one looks really nice.
    I actually would even love if they flipped it back that way because it pleases my brain more for some reason to see it that way again.

Whatever they did in the update though really destroyed the entire pet for me, unfortunately.
    (you need an account to see links)

I pulled it from here, so it's definitely from onsite.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7d 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Any idea when Halloween, MSP and Mutant UC colors come out? Only ones I care about lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunna View Post
    Any idea when Halloween, MSP and Mutant UC colors come out? Only ones I care about lol
    I'm guessing they'll probs lump those together around spooky season

Depending on how many artists they have working on this I think we'll probs see a batch every couple of months for the rest of the year, I imagine they'll do Plushies and Royals next

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh I've always found the UC Faerie Ixi creepy, each to their own taste I guess and I do think they need to modify the linework slightly but some middle ground version wouldn't look that bad. The TNT staff on the Neo Discord said they'd pass feedback on so I'm sure they'll change it for those that care about it. They seem pretty responsive.

I'm not a huge fan of the dogpile on TNT, god knows they're not perfect, but there aren't many industries where your hard work over months on a huge project would be received with an absolute deluge of hate and criticism that leads staff members to dip out of interacting in a public forum Q&A to, and I quote, protect their mental health.

I'm no bleeding heart but they're just (largely young and underpaid) people doing a job, most of whom are also huge fans of the site, and it just rubs me up the wrong way. This system they've announced isn't perfect but I can tell they care and have put a lot into it.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-18-2024),Styx (01-18-2024),Taffycat (01-18-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    (you need an account to see links)

I pulled it from here, so it's definitely from onsite.
    idk where from on site because a lot of their pets are different from the ones I have owned

The second ones are pulled directly from pets.neopets.com and those are the ones I am used to seeing?

edit: i dont know how to make the jn ones smaller sorry :\

actually looking at them they look like maybe they just look bad on jellyneo's site shrunk down or something?
    at full size they look the same so I'm not sure whats going on, but on their preview it definitely looks wrong
    ie:

idk maybe i'm losing my mind but the top ones look wrong to me for some reason when they are the same size
    Last edited by Mangle; 01-18-2024 at 09:05 AM. Reason: im not very smart

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    37d 1h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    One thing I wish they'd actually do is allow us to make accounts under 6C again. I look forward to them purging old frozen accounts though, there's so many names I want that are just frozen.
    Thank you Lyrichord for the userbar!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Evelynn For This Useful Post:

♥ Hydrapple ♥ (01-18-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Styx (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    TNT? Doing things in a weird-ass way? What a surprise!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

Hollow (01-18-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)