7/1
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    19h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

i had a tooth pulled today

for context, i broke one of my molars in high school my sophomore year - i was chewing gum and then crunch, there's a piece of my tooth. but anyway it's continued to break small piece by small piece over the years and i never had dental insurance or the money to go see someone to do something about it. recently it started hurting a lot more and more consistently so i finally sucked it up and went in. they were originally gonna do a root canal / crown, but the endodontist looked at the xrays and was like lol nope can't be saved, do an extraction.

so here i am now! the tooth is gone, it was a mess to get out and broke several times. i got prescribed percocets and am constantly biting down on gauze because it's still bleeding but i'm looking forward to being pain free. plus it's a get-out-of-work-free card.

how're all of you doing?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Hope you have a speedy recovery!

If they gave you the antiseptic mouth wash remember to take that. I had my wisdom teeth out biting down on the gauze but I never bothered with the mouth wash. Got infected which was more painful than the extraction. So yeah, keep up the meds if they gave them. Percs you do not need unless the pain gets too bad.

Since you have a hole in your mouth be careful what you eat, no strawberries or raspberries...that was how mine got infected due to the little seeds getting trapped. All that food junk gets stuck and makes things so much worse.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/1
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    19h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Hope you have a speedy recovery!

If they gave you the antiseptic mouth wash remember to take that. I had my wisdom teeth out biting down on the gauze but I never bothered with the mouth wash. Got infected which was more painful than the extraction. So yeah, keep up the meds if they gave them. Percs you do not need unless the pain gets too bad.

Since you have a hole in your mouth be careful what you eat, no strawberries or raspberries...that was how mine got infected due to the little seeds getting trapped. All that food junk gets stuck and makes things so much worse.
    They did not give me a mouth wash but told me (and by told me I mean the sheet they give me says this) that I shouldn't rinse my mouth at all for 24 hours because of the sutures they put in, and then after that 4-5 times a day with listerine or something of the sort. I took a perc when I got home because my dentist said I should so that I wasn't in excruciating pain when the anaesthetic wore off.

Thankfully I don't like raspberries or strawberries and really only plan on eating mush for the next couple of days but good to know. I used to get food stuck in the broken tooth all the time so I know how to deal with that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Yeah do not wash at first on your own because the suction before you spit will pull out the sutures. You want those to heal a bit as well as create the clot. And yeah if they did not give the actual prescription mouthwash then just go with what they recommend on the sheet.

Meals are soup and mashed potatoes lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/1
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    19h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Yeah do not wash at first on your own because the suction before you spit will pull out the sutures. You want those to heal a bit as well as create the clot. And yeah if they did not give the actual prescription mouthwash then just go with what they recommend on the sheet.

Meals are soup and mashed potatoes lol.
    Sounds about right lol I bought mashed potatoes and applesauce and I'm perfectly fine with that, although I'm craving some creme brulee.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Those bastards only gave me ibuprofin when I got my molar pulled

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/1
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    19h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Those bastards only gave me ibuprofin when I got my molar pulled
    if it makes you feel any better, the percocet i took didn't last long and i took ibuprofen soon thereafter.

also my boyfriend didn't put my applesauce in the fridge so i ate 3/4 of a tub of cool whip instead and that's where i'm at

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    32d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I had a root canal and the tooth ended up breaking and now there's not much of it left there. I should get it taken out but it doesn't really bother me.

DER HUMPINK

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by CPURules View Post
    if it makes you feel any better, the percocet i took didn't last long and i took ibuprofen soon thereafter.

also my boyfriend didn't put my applesauce in the fridge so i ate 3/4 of a tub of cool whip instead and that's where i'm at
    Lol I tried to eat a burrito about an hour after getting mine done and almost bit all the way through my tongue

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Wait, are you Charlie?

xD.

I hope you have a good recovery nonetheless.

Thank you Hellraid <3