5/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    10d 22h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

iPhone help

iPhone is pretty useless if you dont have the pw for the apple id, right? I think I got ripped off.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    You can create a new apple id for your iphone, you might need to reset the iphone first so it forgets the old apple id, and it doesn't ask you for the password of the one you don't know.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin View Post
    iPhone is pretty useless if you dont have the pw for the apple id, right? I think I got ripped off.
    if you bought a used iphone it should have been reset to factory default settings so you can just sync the backup from your last iphone or start fresh with your own information etc.

regardless as long as you can unlock the phone you can just go into general settings and reset the phone which will make it forget any associated accounts etc.

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

or you could probably just sign out of that apple ID in the appstore at the bottom of the page and sign in with your own but any apps remaining from the old id will ask you for that ones password etc to update it

it's easier just to start from factory restored or a backup of your last iphone regardless
    Ana's slave <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    ^^^^^
    The user above is pretty much correct.
    Factory Reset should do the trick or just merely signing out. (there should be an option.)
    If it comes down to the wire and you can not find a solution, you can always take it in to Apple and the..Genius? People (is that what their called?) will be able to do it for you. I brought my apple product in last year to do the same thing and got it done free. They should be able to do it for you for free and itll only take a few minutes.

Hope it helps!

~

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    18d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    You bought it with an ID attached already? Yikessss... if you did, it might be stolen. Be careful. Otherwise, a factory reset should do the trick.