DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    I'm not sure if I'm missing something but... if people still have pets that are showing as UCs... then can't they technically start scamming trades? If they down-trade and make the other person go first... then transfer and it reverts? I can only see this being a huge problem for TNT unless there is a way to tell beforehand what is a UC and what is glitched.

On top of that, it might even cause problems selling and buying UCs in the online markets.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Hollow (04-03-2022),John Cena (04-03-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm missing something but... if people still have pets that are showing as UCs... then can't they technically start scamming trades? If they down-trade and make the other person go first... then transfer and it reverts? I can only see this being a huge problem for TNT unless there is a way to tell beforehand what is a UC and what is glitched.

On top of that, it might even cause problems selling and buying UCs in the online markets.
    I think that you can check them and many are not showing as UC on the transfer page.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ADeedSloth For This Useful Post:

Bettser (04-02-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    215d 22h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    I just checked the index page and mine is showing converted again there. The image is still saved as UC in places where the customization shows. I'll keep it as is for as long as I can!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    For the record, I think if you are ever unsure about the status of a pet you can use DTI to check:

(you need an account to see links)

> Enter your pet's name in the white box
    > Click "Plan my outfit!"

From what I've seen, when you type the name in, the preview box will load something like the last saved customisation of the pet (i.e. possibly showing you the UC version you "saved"). But once you actually go to the customisation page, DTI pulls from Neopets servers for the base of whatever your pet is and it should load the converted version.

At least I think someone feel free to counter this!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Bettser (04-02-2022),dustyc (04-03-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Pets also show up as converted on the trade pet selection page so you can check there without going through with the trade - or ask the reader to remove the pets custom.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I'm sad because it means that not-in-the-arbitrary-list UCs will probably never be available again ):

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Autobot (04-04-2022),kittyray (04-03-2022),Lyrichord (04-03-2022),oventoast (04-03-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 10h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I feel like this was also poorly handled. I do understand they are a busniess and the "promise" of UCs I'm the future is for sure a big money maker for them and having everyone getting their UCs for free is a huge hit to the profit margin. At least have some sort of compensation for those who were affected. Like say they get a 2 for 1 code for their UC NC item or something along those lines.it was great to seen the site come alive for the day and seeing players happy with their pets. I for one will keeping my pets in their glitches UC form until they push through a fix. They are too pretty to turn back.

As for recognizing glitches UCs on the PC during trades couldn't a big hit be the pets age. I bet most of these glitched pets were created post conversion. So pets that are like 6000ish days old should be relatively safe? However I also like @(you need an account to see links)'s solution as well. Be careful out there folks who trade on the PC as there will be people out there trying to pull one over on others.

Also good to know @(you need an account to see links) that they show up in their true form on the transfer page.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

ADeedSloth (04-03-2022),birdies (04-03-2022),Buizel (04-03-2022),John Cena (04-03-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    I feel like this was also poorly handled. I do understand they are a busniess and the "promise" of UCs I'm the future is for sure a big money maker for them and having everyone getting their UCs for free is a huge hit to the profit margin. At least have some sort of compensation for those who were affected. Like say they get a 2 for 1 code for their UC NC item or something along those lines.it was great to seen the site come alive for the day and seeing players happy with their pets. I for one will keeping my pets in their glitches UC form until they push through a fix. They are too pretty to turn back.

As for recognizing glitches UCs on the PC during trades couldn't a big hit be the pets age. I bet most of these glitched pets were created post conversion. So pets that are like 6000ish days old should be relatively safe? However I also like @(you need an account to see links)'s solution as well. Be careful out there folks who trade on the PC as there will be people out there trying to pull one over on others.

Also good to know @(you need an account to see links) that they show up in their true form on the transfer page.

It's just like they have nobody in their office with any idea of how to keep the customer (in this case people they want to -spend- money) happy. Yes, they have a small team and everything moves slowly, and its an old creaky website. I am very familiar with this from my own job. But they don't have a clue what or how to prioritise, or the really small effort it would take to make people feel better about things. In this case, I absolutely get why they turned the UCs back. Of course they did, it was going to hit their bottom line. But a small gesture like giving everyone on site 500NC and saying if they save it this will be enough to buy 1 UC (or get 1 UC half price or whatever) would at least have felt like they cared.

Then again they gave us nothing after the original arbitrary pet conversion and clearly learned nothing from the literal decade of people saying they're still upset about it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Charmander (04-03-2022),Erik. (04-03-2022),Lyrichord (04-03-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I'm honestly not sure if this was an inside April Fool's joke on their part now. I feel so trolled.

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

ADeedSloth (04-03-2022),Charmander (04-03-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 4h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Didn't TNT say something like this last year when people were asking about pet slots and NC UCs? That there would be an update after the AC? Idk, it just feels like we're being told "Soon (TM)" each time lol. Not asking for a timeline or estimated release date or anything (because we all know they'd miss it anyway), but it's just getting out of hand at this point.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418