Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is the Neo interface these days?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

How is the Neo interface these days?

I was last one a couple of years ago and it was kind of a weird hybrid where half the pages looked completely different from the others. Is this still the case?
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

punkie (06-05-2022),Sakuras (07-20-2022),Shawn (06-05-2022)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Still very much the case on any pages that have been updated for the "mobile" site. This includes the absolutely glorious (read: not user-friendly) decision to separate everything into two different bars, and changing how things used to work and feel (clicking your NP doesn't take you to your inventory anymore, which as an older user is still something I've been unable to get used to.)

Progress on updating the site to the "newer" version has been slow as it feels like TNT is very split/understaffed right now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

John (06-05-2022),kittyray (06-05-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Honestly it still feels sorta broken. Some areas of the site have the newer look and some still run the old design. The pet look ups are finally loading up but still no animation as Flash is not supported anymore.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

John (06-05-2022),kittyray (06-05-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    Still very much the case on any pages that have been updated for the "mobile" site. This includes the absolutely glorious (read: not user-friendly) decision to separate everything into two different bars, and changing how things used to work and feel (clicking your NP doesn't take you to your inventory anymore, which as an older user is still something I've been unable to get used to.)

Progress on updating the site to the "newer" version has been slow as it feels like TNT is very split/understaffed right now.
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you find it to be tolerable generally? How are activity levels and trade/auction activity if you happen to know?

- - - Updated - - -

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you find it to be tolerable generally? How are activity levels and trade/auction activity if you happen to know?

- - - Updated - - -
    It's relatively tolerable once you get used to things. Your first couple of days back might feel awkward and you'll very much find yourself Googling where stuff has been hidden (or to find bypass links for any old pages/activity that required Flash to run.)

As for trades and auctions... the TP is relatively active, though not as blazing fast as it was a few years ago. Your lots certainly won't get buried within a few hours anymore.
    Auctions get *some* activity, but mostly it's just people tossing things up for quicksale, fun auctions, or NF-only auctions to transfer NP/sell higher-end items.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

John (06-05-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    It's relatively tolerable once you get used to things. Your first couple of days back might feel awkward and you'll very much find yourself Googling where stuff has been hidden (or to find bypass links for any old pages/activity that required Flash to run.)

As for trades and auctions... the TP is relatively active, though not as blazing fast as it was a few years ago. Your lots certainly won't get buried within a few hours anymore.
    Auctions get *some* activity, but mostly it's just people tossing things up for quicksale, fun auctions, or NF-only auctions to transfer NP/sell higher-end items.
    Thanks! Sounds like it might be a pointless question, but is restocking still a thing? I've got some downtime and was feeling nostalgic.

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Thanks! Sounds like it might be a pointless question, but is restocking still a thing? I've got some downtime and was feeling nostalgic.
    Restocking is still very much a thing. Outside of Food Club, it's probably *the* way to make NP right now what with flash games being down (outside of certain workarounds) or just plain broken. If you were here after TNT introduced the clear system and RS bans for refreshing too much, then nothing has really changed for you and you should be good to hop back in.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Restocking is still very much a thing. Outside of Food Club, it's probably *the* way to make NP right now what with flash games being down (outside of certain workarounds) or just plain broken. If you were here after TNT introduced the clear system and RS bans for refreshing too much, then nothing has really changed for you and you should be good to hop back in.
    Cool, I'm not thaaat far gone. The clearing might be one of the more productive things I've ever seen TNT do. I'm interested in the newer trade policies now. Are account sales off the table to preserve the community generally?

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, I'm not thaaat far gone. The clearing might be one of the more productive things I've ever seen TNT do. I'm interested in the newer trade policies now. Are account sales off the table to preserve the community generally?

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    If you mean on Neo itself, selling accounts/pets is still very much a big no-no. (Though it's extremely obvious on the boards who participates in that sort of thing because people are idiots.)

If you mean here, there's a set of guidelines listed (you need an account to see links) that you can follow regarding that.

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    229 times
    Time Online
    65d 2h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Hi, nice to see an old name around. Here's my thoughts/input to some questions I've seen you ask!'

The weird hybrid between old pages and new HTML5 pages still exists, but TNT is rolling out changes really slowly.

Restocking is still a thing, but the most profitable shops are now Stamps and Coins, a lot of the previously expensive items (think Draik/Krawk MPs that used to be 16m+) are now relatively cheaper.

Trade and auction activities are much slower than before, but if there'a fun auction, activity will always be there to snipe the item up.

If you're talking about account sales on cK, that's still allowed, but there are strict rules on what kind of accounts are not allowed to be sold here, to upkeep the integrity of both the forum, and Neopets itself. I believe Rokon might have linked to the relevant thread with the rules already.