Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone really good at "securing" UCs? Help pls (+Rep!)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

Anyone really good at "securing" UCs? Help pls (+Rep!)

Edit: problem fixed thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Frostcrown; 06-21-2014 at 01:13 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    @(you need an account to see links)

well first off do you have the original account the pet is on? If you dont.. that is gonna be really hard. If you do however, i would pretend that the player had come back from a hiatus and started playing again for a while (until is caches) and then you will probably have a better chance at sending it over. Make it seem like the user put it ufa or "gave" it to you.. it takes time but I find that its the most secure way to do it. Stealth mode is your bff in this regard.

Same with if you didn't have the account. I would ask the person you bought it off to put it in stealth mode or something becasue then people are actually unsure if the account is active or inactive. This is also a fairly new feature so people assume that it was a legit trade/adoption

The best advice I can give you, is get very good at bullshiting your way out of things. It can save lives.. Make a story and stick to it.. most people wont question full proof stories (if they ask).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cub For This Useful Post:

Cheese (06-19-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Hi, what you need to do in the event that you were given the original account (Imo you should always ask for it when making a purhcase) is to go to great lengths to make up a transaction.

Do this via neomails from different ips (But from the same area)

I like to have long convos with myself pretending I met the person at work and found out they used to play neopets, and after a few days of discussion transfer the pet over.

This way you can make up a backstory that people will believe and one that TnT can check out, too.

From my experience nobody has reported or questioned me and I frequent the pound chat, I have a very high end pet that I took off of an inactive, checks out fine with everyone.
    Last edited by Tablo; 06-19-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Thanks to the both of you.

This is probably my inexperience at the entire buying pets side of things, I did not ask for the original account nor did I ask my seller to change it to "stealth". And I probably should've checked up on the petpage before purchasing the pet as well, so this is my bad. @(you need an account to see links) I will go and ask my seller if they're willing to change it to stealth. Also, what kind of full proof stories do people usually buy? I do not frequent the PC (for good reasons) but I do have a handful of rather nosy friends who do frequent the PC.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I see, that is unfortunate, I wish you the best. I'd highly reccomend checking out @(you need an account to see links) s aftercare guide and @(you need an account to see links) s caching guide.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmourn View Post
    Thanks to the both of you.

This is probably my inexperience at the entire buying pets side of things, I did not ask for the original account nor did I ask my seller to change it to "stealth". And I probably should've checked up on the petpage before purchasing the pet as well, so this is my bad. @(you need an account to see links) I will go and ask my seller if they're willing to change it to stealth. Also, what kind of full proof stories do people usually buy? I do not frequent the PC (for good reasons) but I do have a handful of rather nosy friends who do frequent the PC.
    I bought a very common rw and tbh the only way I think i got away with it was because the seller set it to stealth.
    honestly just say it was a gift because they were quitting or something.. people eat that shit up since nobody knows if you are lying or telling the truth. For all they know.. you are telling the truth.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Thank you both for your help, it's very much appreciated. ^^ll

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    No problem. Its best not to hide anything with the pc, something to hide = reason to snoop for them.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    152 times
    Time Online
    65d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Can u not ask google to remove the cache?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    @(you need an account to see links)

the petpage with that directory still exists and the owner of that petpage is inactive, so I don't think there is much I can do about that page?