DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 10h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    For me...I really dislike Ixis. I think they are overrated with their big ass heads and little bodies. Sorry if this offends anyone but they just aren't my thing. Now wockies....they are the best Neopet on the site HANDS DOWN. Haters gonna hate lol

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (09-08-2022),hearts (09-06-2022),Orbit (09-01-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    14h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump 2016 View Post
    "Hey guys - we got requests for dressing up pets. It's going to be challenging to implement this through old designs. Convert your pet if you'd like to; if you don't care to play dress-up and/or if you prefer the old design over the prospect of playing dress-up, do not convert your pet."

There, simple. Why'd they have to ugly up pets unnecessarily? lmao

My unpopular opinion is I don't consider any converted pet a Neopet - they're design victims living as refugees on the site.
    I think converted pets with customization can look okay. The weirdness begins when they maintain the same cartoony animal proportions as pre-conversion so you have to figure out how to make a blobular thing like Meercas look good dressed in... anything.

In fact this whole issue could have probably been avoided with a toggle. "Neopet" and "Humanoid Neopet."

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooblah View Post
    I think converted pets with customization can look okay. The weirdness begins when they maintain the same cartoony animal proportions as pre-conversion so you have to figure out how to make a blobular thing like Meercas look good dressed in... anything.

In fact this whole issue could have probably been avoided with a toggle. "Neopet" and "Humanoid Neopet."
    That's the puzzling thing - I think they look like refugees and victims, you think they're salvageable, and yet we can come up with a common sense solution like choice of design retention while the executive structure at Neo struggles to understand why brute-force is criminally stupid, especially considering pets (and inherently the design of pets) were the original enticement to pretty much anyone signing up.

And they're doing it again by changing the interface of the whole site. Ugly-ing and shitting up the whole place for ADD mobile users. Just lol.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trump 2016 For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (09-08-2022),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (09-08-2022),Orbit (09-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    36d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    This is personal preference because I'm not a big fan of modern RNs on neopets, but I find it so funny how many RN shuffles turn into just sorority girl names being passed around between the same 5 people. Becca, Ashley, Hailey, Debbie, Jessica, etc.

It's just so strange to imagine an aisha in this fantastical world with a wig sincerely named Debbie

Pomi the Ryu
    amazing userbar by lyrichord

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orbit For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-06-2022),Android (09-06-2022),Cookie Tray (09-08-2022),dustyc (09-07-2022),Erik. (09-06-2022),Gooblah (09-07-2022),hearts (09-06-2022),kittyray (09-06-2022),Trump 2016 (09-06-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
    This is personal preference because I'm not a big fan of modern RNs on neopets, but I find it so funny how many RN shuffles turn into just sorority girl names being passed around between the same 5 people. Becca, Ashley, Hailey, Debbie, Jessica, etc.

It's just so strange to imagine an aisha in this fantastical world with a wig sincerely named Debbie
    I could not agree with you more. Old fashioned real names are awesome, I'm all about a name that sounds like it should be wearing a top hat and fob watch. But modern names, especially feminine ones, aren't any more appealing to me than the poor pets floating around with names like Sinisterly and Advocating and (sorry lol) Unhappiness.

I do however however love generic modern feminine names for irl pets. I knew someone with a dog named Jennifer and it was so funny to me.

to contribute an unpopular opinion of my own, I'm kinda wanting all paint brushes to get the Hidden Tower treatment and get locked in with fixed prices. Something to stop inflation on popular items. My other unpopular opinion is if for anyone complaining about paint brush inflation, let me introduce you to this thing called buying whatever you want on the black market (people not in a position to pay real money for fake items being exempt of course)

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Autobot (09-06-2022),Cookie Tray (09-08-2022),DarkSkies (09-07-2022),dustyc (09-07-2022),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (09-08-2022),Orbit (09-06-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m

I feel like the super common RN Aishas out there are pretentiously judging my Aishas thinking they're better than mine. With their smirky grins. 😂

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-06-2022),Android (09-07-2022),Da Plushee Boree (09-07-2022),Marius (09-07-2022),Orbit (09-06-2022),Zenitsu (09-06-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    14h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    I feel like the super common RN Aishas out there are pretentiously judging my Aishas thinking they're better than mine. With their smirky grins. 😂
    I have more respect for a meerca named really_confused than an aisha named Debbie. At least the former has personality... and won't be the subject of Machiavellian scheming by older women who could really use a new hobby.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gooblah For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-07-2022),chii3d (09-07-2022),hearts (09-08-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooblah View Post
    I have more respect for a meerca named really_confused than an aisha named Debbie. At least the former has personality... and won't be the subject of Machiavellian scheming by older women who could really use a new hobby.
    ugh i feel this sm, it's apparently an unpopular opinion to not like RN pets at all! i hate them and have never once been seeking them, but still get offers of horrendous RN MS on my boards :/

oh and all the sudden MS names are valued just like the actual spelling by the people that own them.. sry but they are not the same, even if I don't care for them either way.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (09-08-2022),hearts (09-08-2022),Orbit (09-07-2022)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    26d 17h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by mothmen View Post
    ugh i feel this sm, it's apparently an unpopular opinion to not like RN pets at all! i hate them and have never once been seeking them, but still get offers of horrendous RN MS on my boards :/

oh and all the sudden MS names are valued just like the actual spelling by the people that own them.. sry but they are not the same, even if I don't care for them either way.
    I can honestly say I’ve never been a fan of RNs either, and the couple times I’ve owned one I’ve been so uninspired. I also don’t really understand wanting to trade for the names of human friends/family. Pets I get, but it just seems weird to name a neopet after aunt Marge

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anybody For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (09-08-2022),dustyc (09-07-2022),hearts (09-07-2022),Orbit (09-08-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

I was an aficionado of the Neopian Times as a child, and the funniest part about this is that this is exactly what the writers of yore would try to make me believe. I always thought they were better off using their Neopets' full names, underscores and numbers included, than giving such a silly name for a pet!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

hearts (09-08-2022)