Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I heard Neo_Truths was infamous, he found some sort of DB exploit? Is this something we know?

Pronouns
    1/0
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Bug bounty is OK, but you cannot pretend to be a whitehat while you have admin-level access to the DB.
    If he is the one reaching out to TNT to fix an exploit, which I understand is a different one that has granted him access, then it is a matter of time for another data breach or even worse.

As someone else mentioned here, sounds like he is just annoyed that someone else has this kind of high-level access and want to revoke that other person's access but not his.

Although he is somewhat right. TNT should pay more attention to these situations.

I don't like how he acts so benevolent and such.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Null_user For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-18-2023),cornishwall (10-18-2023),I_royalty_I (10-18-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I mean he literally said in that one interview a pcer or whomever did with him that he tried to sell his hole-checking (idek what to call it haha) to TNT AFTER some big black market sellers turned him down for his "cut of the pie" offers and when TNT didn't give him the time of day, doubled down on just being a general fucking asshole and pretentious motherfucker, hypocrisy and overinflated ego and all. Not surprised in the least. TNT really needs to get their shit together but I feel for the most likely singular dev trying to keep the site physically afloat. (In which case TNT needs to stop their investment in their god awful variegated "neoworld" portfolio and invest those dollars in the sites fucking security and stability ugh)
    This is what makes me crazy. Trying to attract people back to a constantly broken site is pointless. If they put their money into fixing the site rather than booking John Legend we'd be getting somewhere by now. And I don't mean finding a way to play old games. Just general site useability is so poor. All the 'neoworld' thing seems to be right now is an annoying extra homepage and pop up I'm forced to navigate.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-18-2023),Buizel (10-18-2023),Chilljoy (10-18-2023),Erik. (10-18-2023),Ice (10-18-2023),nousha (10-18-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    This is what makes me crazy. Trying to attract people back to a constantly broken site is pointless. If they put their money into fixing the site rather than booking John Legend we'd be getting somewhere by now. And I don't mean finding a way to play old games. Just general site useability is so poor. All the 'neoworld' thing seems to be right now is an annoying extra homepage and pop up I'm forced to navigate.
    Sorry, too busy making bad business decisions and going on the con tour!
    You wanna know whats a joke? Buying and redeeming NC has been down for almost 24 hours and not a word from TNT.

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 43m
    Tbh I’m surprised there isn’t more of an uproar over this guy outside of us here, especially for how long this guys been publicly posting his endeavors? People on the PC have flipped their shit harder over illegit ucs more than the knowledge that some dudes digging around where he *really* shouldn’t be. Like I am so uncomfortable with someone that could have access to shit like my payment info or how/when I purchase nc. Idk if thats even something he can see. Maybe im fear mongering myself but idk it’s just odd that the general Neo population is just ok with this person doing what he’s doing? Where’s the pitchforks? Why hasn’t TNT done anything? Do they not see that getting an edge on 'cheaters' is also putting them at the same risk?
    I am by no means smart enough or capable to lead any sort of efforts to make NT go away, but whenever someone does ~ count me in in anyway I can help.
    I get I am shouting into the void on this one. It just doesn’t make much sense me to at all and it all makes me just hella uncomfortable knowing he’s watching us all a hell of a lot more closely than TNT is.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-18-2023),Buizel (10-18-2023),Chilljoy (10-18-2023),Fiore (10-18-2023),I_royalty_I (10-18-2023),Ice (10-20-2023),Kisses (10-18-2023),kittyray (10-18-2023),Rinon (10-18-2023),Sakuras (10-23-2023),Winona (10-19-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links) I agree with a lot of what you said. I do see a handful of people being uncomfortable on Reddit, Discord, etc. but it does seem as if the masses are totally fine with it.

I love seeing insights into odds of dailies and how things work, but that's at a huge cost, and not enough people realize that.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gabigabmitch For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by gabigabmitch View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I agree with a lot of what you said. I do see a handful of people being uncomfortable on Reddit, Discord, etc. but it does seem as if the masses are totally fine with it.

I love seeing insights into odds of dailies and how things work, but that's at a huge cost, and not enough people realize that.
    Some of the people are hoping that every time he posts something damning, it’ll light a fire under TNT’s ass to fix that issue.:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Habanero For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Tbh I’m surprised there isn’t more of an uproar over this guy outside of us here, especially for how long this guys been publicly posting his endeavors? People on the PC have flipped their shit harder over illegit ucs more than the knowledge that some dudes digging around where he *really* shouldn’t be. Like I am so uncomfortable with someone that could have access to shit like my payment info or how/when I purchase nc. Idk if thats even something he can see. Maybe im fear mongering myself but idk it’s just odd that the general Neo population is just ok with this person doing what he’s doing? Where’s the pitchforks? Why hasn’t TNT done anything? Do they not see that getting an edge on 'cheaters' is also putting them at the same risk?
    I am by no means smart enough or capable to lead any sort of efforts to make NT go away, but whenever someone does ~ count me in in anyway I can help.
    I get I am shouting into the void on this one. It just doesn’t make much sense me to at all and it all makes me just hella uncomfortable knowing he’s watching us all a hell of a lot more closely than TNT is.
    I really thought it was weird for a long time that no one but us seemingly gives a shit about N_T (A COMPLETE STTANGER THAT HAS ACCESS TO ALL YOUR INFORMATION) but if your pixels are suspected to be slightly illegit or you get yourself a trophy it becomes a literal manhunt.
    I don't like the legit (by that I mean holier than thou types not just normal every day players.) neopets community because of stuff like this.
    Like, ah, yes, I'm sure that person bought a UC but can we go back to getting N_T and other future people out of the system?

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-18-2023),Buizel (10-18-2023),I_royalty_I (10-18-2023),Nyanobyte                      (10-18-2023),Winona (10-19-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Most people on reddit eat out of his hands. It's ridiculous, but that's just how it is. People always want leaks and inside information. Very few can really see the point to how ridiculous what he's doing actually is unfortunately.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-18-2023),Buizel (10-18-2023),I_royalty_I (10-18-2023),Nyanobyte                      (10-18-2023),Synth Salazzle (10-18-2023),Zenitsu (10-18-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Didn't some clraik users have DB access like he did a long time ago? I thought that's how people generated items, reverse-engineered stuff on the site, etc.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-18-2023),Zenitsu (10-18-2023)

Pronouns
    1/0
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Didn't some clraik users have DB access like he did a long time ago? I thought that's how people generated items, reverse-engineered stuff on the site, etc.
    Some people probably have, but they don't boast about it on social media acting like the people's savior

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Null_user For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-18-2023),DarkSkies (10-18-2023),Sakuras (10-23-2023),Winona (10-19-2023),Zenitsu (10-18-2023)