1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    27d 7h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by usagi-sama View Post
    That man came to the rally prepared to go up against the Police. The man clearly has milk on his face,
    he showed up to the riot with milk (a basic substance to counteract tear gas and pepper spray). This is not a peaceful protest when you show up to "protest" prepared to fight with the cops.
    Protest, don't riot. These idiots are destroying the economy at a time when we are struggling to keep the economy going amidst the COVID-19 epidemic. These riots will have a ripple effect
    for years to come. 1 out of 5 Americans are unemployed currently, and these riots are going to hurt that number not improve it. If we go into an economic depression, you can thank these
    assholes. Protest and Riot is completely different, when you take away everything from someone for no reason you are just as bad as the cop who killed George because you intended to harm.
    An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.
    I'm sorry, what? Senator Myrie was peacefully protesting along with other New Yorkers by the Barclays Center and was pepper sprayed by the NYPD.

“Their bikes, they’re hitting us in our legs and our backs. I’m getting shoved, I’m getting pushed,” Senator Myrie explained. “I’m getting yelled at, and I’m trying to tell them that I’m doing what they’re asking me to do. I’m moving back while I’m also trying to shield some of the people behind me, because of us getting hit, so we’re trying to move back. And in that, me moving back and getting hit, I was then sprayed and there was an officer there that said ‘Cuff him, cuff him.’ Both my hands were grabbed and as you may have seen in the picture, I’m yelling because my eyes were on fire and I have no idea why I have been put in zip ties.”
    (you need an account to see links)

At this point, there was NO curfew in New York and no necessary or legal reason to disperse the crowd. I am 1000% certain the state senator was not walking around with milk and other protesters may have had it on hand for this reason (out of control cops).

edit: I am one of the 40 million+ Americans unemployed, thanks to Donald Trump and a lack of a pandemic response. I will gladly remain unemployed a little longer to see justice served, thanks very much.
    Last edited by gjniev; 06-03-2020 at 05:29 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gjniev For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-03-2020),Autobot (06-03-2020),Black Dog (06-03-2020),Cookie Tray (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) Then why does he have milk on his face? Also this was in New York City, you cannot bring a whole city to a halt without the police trying to move you out of the way. They will try and
    control where you protest. I personally have been in New York City and something small can hold up traffic for hours.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    27d 7h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) Then why does he have milk on his face? Also this was in New York City, you cannot bring a whole city to a halt without the police trying to move you out of the way. They will try and
    control where you protest. I personally have been in New York City and something small can hold up traffic for hours.
    If you read my post........ another protester most likely had milk on hand because.... of out of control cops.

And thank you for the lecture. I lived in Brooklyn for the first 20 years of my life and continue to work there (well until March). If you knew the area where this protest took place, there is a huge plaza in front of the Barclays Center that can handle crowds without holding up traffic - it was designed for the flow of people after events from the venue.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gjniev For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-03-2020),Autobot (06-03-2020),Black Dog (06-03-2020),Cookie Tray (06-03-2020)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links)...

One, I doubt people are showing up with milk on their faces because on the ground we recommend ONLY USING WATER TO RINSE YOUR EYES, nothing else. If he had milk it was likely poured after tear gas or mace was already deployed.

It is ridiculous to say it is "not peaceful" if you come prepared, as everyone protesting should. Showing up with med kits, water to rinse out chemical agents, etc. is not violent. It is dang-near required when you are minding your business but police want to show up in riot gear, or deploy the national guard to attack you. Defending yourself against unwarranted violence is never and will never be considered being "prepared to fight." If you got stabbed and used your keys or fists to try to defend yourself, and the media spun it as you being "prepared to fight" because you dared to defend yourself, you would not feel this way. Please open your mind. What IS violent is pigs showing up with the intent to tear gas civilians, and (you need an account to see links) that protesters brought to drink or wash out the tear gas. What IS violent is pigs showing up in full riot gear to beat unarmed, defenseless civilians.

You want to talk about the economy? The government refusing to give financial assistance and one pitiful $1200 check to some in the time of a crisis while pumping a trillion dollars in the stock market, just for it all to tank immediately, is ruining the economy. The government continuing to spend trillions on the military out of our taxpayer money to kill people overseas and in our own country is ruining the economy. The government reopening businesses amidst a deadly pandemic so they could deny people unemployment is ruining the economy. I could go on, but to be completely honest..... I don't care about the economy. Only people with more wealth have a stake in caring about the economy. For people who have been kicked down time and time again by the capitalist system that is so entangled in racism in this country, the changes in the economy means nothing. We are still unable to claw our ways out of poverty and we are still systemically denied food, clothing, and shelter. You keep misplacing blame to protesters, who are protesting the very economic inequality you are complaining about at the same time they are protesting police brutality. Black Lives Matter as an organization (you need an account to see links).

It is very ironic you quote Mahatma Gandhi, who was (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links). (you need an account to see links)are some (you need an account to see links) for further reading.

Usagi-sama, I do not want to argue for the sake of arguing. People's humanities and value is not up for debate. How they achieve equality and strive for justice is not up for us to decide. It has been over 400 years. Nothing in the past has worked. I am simply stating facts that can be confirmed by millions of others by videos posted, experiences lived, and being an active member of your local community. What I do want is for you to open your mind, and think about a few things. First, where did you learn what you are repeating here? Are those sources to be trusted? Why are you so invested in the way you think? What is at stake for millions of Americans if you are wrong? Think about what individuals have at stake here: jobs, livelihoods, their actual lives. Think about what corporations have at stake: money. Think about the power individuals have: to protest, to strike, to organize. And what powers to corporations have? Control over the media, and again-- money.

It takes years to unlearn a lot of the propaganda we are taught in the USA. And it, embarrassingly, took me until recent years to discover that there are truly (you need an account to see links), either. You do not have to take my word for it. If you want a list of reading material from people much, much smarter than I am, I can send you some. But don't let yourself stay under the thumb of the powers that want to maintain the status quo. You owe it to yourself and the members of the community you live in to educate yourself on what is actually happening in the world around you.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-03-2020),Autobot (06-03-2020),gjniev (06-03-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (06-03-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (06-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I think that what happened is completely unacceptable. I believe the officer had a past of this kind of behavior as well. He should not still have a job with a badge. With that said, it�s pretty crazy how fast things spiraled out of control. I have heard stories where a group of officers took a knee in front of protestors to let them know they are supporting the cause.. but I�ve also heard lots of stories where �protestors� robbed, beat, and killed other people. I�m all for protesting and standing up for a cause, but does that make it justifiable for you people to burn down businesses and loot stores?

I am empathetic towards the injustices and don�t think anybody should have to worry about being murdered by a cop, that�s crazy. But the bad apples put a sour spin on things. I really don�t know what the best solution is here.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

9. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

bootiesrus (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    That man came to the rally prepared to go up against the Police. The man clearly has milk on his face,
    he showed up to the riot with milk (a basic substance to counteract tear gas and pepper spray). This is not a peaceful protest when you show up to "protest" prepared to fight with the cops.
    Protest, don't riot. These idiots are destroying the economy at a time when we are struggling to keep the economy going amidst the COVID-19 epidemic. These riots will have a ripple effect
    for years to come. 1 out of 5 Americans are unemployed currently, and these riots are going to hurt that number not improve it. If we go into an economic depression, you can thank these
    assholes. Protest and Riot is completely different, when you take away everything from someone for no reason you are just as bad as the cop who killed George because you intended to harm.
    I have not seen a photo of him with milk on his face.
    If you're talking about the one on his Instagram, I am quite positive that's what pepperspray looks like.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Showing up with someone to counteract pepper spray and tear gas is not coming to fight the cops, it's being prepared in case the police get violent.
    Was not prepared the first night of protests and got tear gas in my eyes and throat because the cops threw it at us in retaliation to a couple individuals throwing WATER BOTTLES at the police.

Not that I'm saying the protests in any way will start or cause a depression, but I'd rather have that happen than continue to see black people murdered by the police and no justice be done.
    Last edited by My name is Yoshikage Kira; 06-03-2020 at 06:12 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-03-2020),Autobot (06-03-2020),Cookie Tray (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) Simply stating facts, the first settlers in the US was just 400 years ago and founded less than 250 years. You want to talk about discrimination you are
    discriminating against cops by calling them pigs. A good part of the Trillions invested in the economy was for small business loans so they could afford to stay afloat and
    keep their employees employed. They are putting safeguards to make it illegal for you to be evicted, giving you defferals on payments @ 0% interest. Nobody owes you a
    living so get off your ass and earn it yourself. You cannot get anything more without a good economy, so try and care about it.

(you need an account to see links)

Also please do some research like the above link, which is just a singular of the hundreds of examples of people being hurt unnecessarily by these riots. You cannot be more
    innocent than a child. Also as a finishing point: You owe it to yourself and the members of the community you live in to educate yourself on what is actually happening in
    the world around you.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by motherfucker View Post
    I have not seen a photo of him with milk on his face.
    If you're talking about the one on his Instagram, I am quite positive that's what pepperspray looks like.
    Pepper spray is normally colored not milk-white.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I see you are too invested in wanting to be correct that you refuse to see facts. That news post was confirmed fake news as the father and his son were already out when firefighters arrived. I have family in the exact area that so-called event took place. I have been listening to police scanners in various cities including Richmond and that is not what happened lol. Protesters blocked entire streets but made way for firetrucks. They did not set the fire.

You are not interested in learning or engaging in a conversation, just repeating your own opinions as if they are fact. I have linked you to several articles and more have been posted on this thread. You are here to play devil's advocate, and he doesn't need any. The fact you continue to call protests "riots" tells me all about where you get your information and the kind of person you are.

If there's anyone outside the US or outside of large Black communities who wishes to actually understand what is happening, I am here to help as best I can.

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    With that said, it’s pretty crazy how fast things spiraled out of control. I have heard stories where a group of officers took a knee in front of protestors to let them know they are supporting the cause.. but I’ve also heard lots of stories where “protestors” robbed, beat, and killed other people.
    These stories are false. Protestors have killed nobody, and the cops that kneel or march with people are simply doing it for the PR. Immediately after the photos or videos, they have tear gassed protestors.

There are exactly 3 stories where protestors have harmed people:
    -Where protestors hit the white woman in a wheelchair, because she was stabbing people outside of a Target (or Wal-Mart but I think it was Target). They were trying to disarm her. She was completely fine.
    -When protestors knocked a bow-wielding white supremacist who showed up to a protest, said "All Lives Matter," and aimed to shoot protestors with his bow. He was knocked to the ground, minor head wounds but ultimately okay. There's video of this and he told media that he was jumped by two Black men and dragged out of his car. The people who were defending the protestors were in fact white.
    -When protestors beat up a white man who was attacking people outside a bar in Philly I believe, with a machete that looked like a sword. He was running up on several people with the machete. He was chased off, then when the protestors turned their back, he charged at them again. They beat him up for trying to attack people several times. He posted about it the next day and was fine.

In all cases, it was white protestors protecting other protestors from people who showed up with weapons to hurt them. In other words? It was defense. No weapons were used against the people who showed up with weapons.
    Last edited by Cookie Tray; 06-03-2020 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Did not want to 2x post

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-03-2020),Autobot (06-03-2020),Furina (06-04-2020),gjniev (06-03-2020),Maki (06-04-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (06-03-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) lol Yes, from a few sentences written on a game forum you know exactly what sort of person I am.
    That is being a very sensible person. Do not try to belittle my intelligence just because I have a different opinion.
    I am a minority that this country discriminates on a daily basis but I still don't condone violence and infringing on
    other people's rights just because mine are being violated.